me. I am new here.

thy

Hello everybody,

trying to think of what to write and I have no idea. Well, my name is Dörte but you can call me thy. I am not a fan of mika but I really started to like his music. I should probably start with how I discovered mikas music after a little time of two years (maybe more?). Of cause I heard his music a while ago-I loved "Grace Kelly" and "Big Girl" but the radiostations played it a bit too often (and I don't like "Relax" and "Happy Ending". Then the concert in the Passionskirche in Berlin was announced and I thought it must be really nice to hear a voice like his "unplugged" and in a chuch even without knowing most of his songs. Well, I almost didn't went first because of money then because I almost forgot. I was a bit lucky-went there spontanous and it wasn't sold out. The concert was even more amazing then I could imagine! Mika is an amazing entertainer as well as singer and everything. Thought to give it a try to meet him afterwards and met some really nice girls (I think they are not here) and talked to them. I found out myself that it is really nice when someone tells you it was really good what you did. (I write and read little funny stories-nothing great- and it really nice when you get a feedback afterwards. Since then I sometimes want to tell the artists I saw what I thought.) So did I. Poor mika had to listen to the strange things I said (discribing myself as a "non fan"-not sure if such an expression even exists. Hope he got me right and you aswell). Well, he was very funny and very nice. The day after I got the CD (after only 2 years) and the EP (as download-again money...can't help it). The thing with me is that if some music really hits me I want to know more about the artist-where he comes from to understand more. I can be sort of obsessiv. For quite a while I look for all kind of things I can find-found the observer artikel (twitter/Mikasounds.com -> here) and ended up here.

About me: I love music. Listen to music mainly. Go to conerts, even of bands and artists I don't really know. If someone can't convince me live, I usually don't listen to him and the other way round. I learn (not play.lol) bassguitar. I love to travel (even for music-some might call it passion and the rest crazy). Go to the cinema. Writing stories and make people laugh or smile). I am very shy and calm. 27. Student. I love themeparks. I love Helmut Newton and photography. I love Henry Rollins. He is funny as hell! Don't like Horrormovies.

Music I like: 30 seconds to mars (thats where I call myself a "fan", travel for those guys), Diefenbach, The River Phoenix (ok, I have a soft spot when it comes to danish music), Veto, William Fitzsimmons (incredible sad and extremly funny), Foo Fighters, The Beatles, Marilyn Manson (old stuff), Eagles of Death Metal, Queens of the Stone Age, Take That (Yes, I am honest about this point. I love them. They make me feel good. They have such wonderful voices.).............................................................so many more!

Ok, I can't think of something else to say. If you have any questions just ask! I don't bite.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Thy,

Welcome.

I would have loved to have been at the Berlin gig....the first one of the tour. I wasn't there but I was at some of the others. They got less and less acoustic and unplugged as the tour went on:naughty:. But I loved Mika's performances in them. They were so very different from the concerts we have been used to. It was so nice to have no security barriers or security men in the way.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed Mika's performance and also that you got to meet him.

Hi Thy,

Welcome.

I would have loved to have been at the Berlin gig....the first one of the tour. I wasn't there but I was at some of the others. They got less and less acoustic and unplugged as the tour went on:naughty:. But I loved Mika's performances in them. They were so very different from the concerts we have been used to. It was so nice to have no security barriers or security men in the way.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed Mika's performance and also that you got to meet him.

Well, since it was my first gig ever of mika I guess I am sort of spoiled now. lol. I will compare every mika gig to this one and even I knew before it was a unique tour. :) And the Passionskirche is just a wonderful place for concerts. It has not been my first one there.

@ everybody so far: thank you for welcoming me so kindly!

@vanessa: I sometimes write too much....wasn't sure if it was to much. Just felt the need to explain myself and how I got here. hihi.

"I don't bite" is the highlight of my day today :teehee: !

I agree with vanessa...

I LOVE YOUR DESCRIPTION!

WELCOME TO THE MFC!:biggrin2:

I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN!

thank you. :) Glad I gave you a highlight for the day! :biggrin2: Maybe I should ask what discription-of me or of my jouney to end here...hehe...

Well, since it was my first gig ever of mika I guess I am sort of spoiled now. lol. I will compare every mika gig to this one and even I knew before it was a unique tour. :) And the Passionskirche is just a wonderful place for concerts. It has not been my first one there.

@ everybody so far: thank you for welcoming me so kindly!

@vanessa: I sometimes write too much....wasn't sure if it was to much. Just felt the need to explain myself and how I got here. hihi.

True, he will have a lot to live up to now! I must admit that I would love all his concerts to be like than now.......small venues, no barriers etc.

Yes, it looks an amazing venue. It was just impossible to get low cost flights there so I was unable to go.

True, he will have a lot to live up to now! I must admit that I would love all his concerts to be like than now.......small venues, no barriers etc.

Yes, it looks an amazing venue. It was just impossible to get low cost flights there so I was unable to go.

Well, I will let him surprise me when he comes here for a regular show. I saw some videos of the other shows of his tour-I guess either he can't get out of his skin or he fit the "unplugged" to the venue. And to have big balls and stuff like that in a church is just inappropriate and the stage wasn't that big at all.

Well, three weeks before the gig there is no cheap way to fly here. Maybe that was my luck. hehe. Everything has a good side to it.

Well, I will let him surprise me when he comes here for a regular show. I saw some videos of the other shows of his tour-I guess either he can't get out of his skin or he fit the "unplugged" to the venue. And to have big balls and stuff like that in a church is just inappropriate and the stage wasn't that big at all.

Well, three weeks before the gig there is no cheap way to fly here. Maybe that was my luck. hehe. Everything has a good side to it.

Yeah...............I guess that is what was driving us nuts for months...we knew the acoustic tour was coming but had no details. Than when you finally get details it is too late to get cheap flights:shocked:. But as you say, our loss was your gain:naughty::naughty:

Yes, you are right.....the venues were all very different and I guess the performances were geared around that. Milan was the most 'unplugged' one that I saw.....no baloons or strings section or silver confetti.

Yeah...............I guess that is what was driving us nuts for months...we knew the acoustic tour was coming but had no details. Than when you finally get details it is too late to get cheap flights:shocked:. But as you say, our loss was your gain:naughty::naughty:

Yes, you are right.....the venues were all very different and I guess the performances were geared around that. Milan was the most 'unplugged' one that I saw.....no baloons or strings section or silver confetti.

Lucky in two ways. Since I didn't know anything until shortly before the tickets were sold I didn't went nuts. But I know exactly how you felt. If you know the urban dictionary look up for the word "soon". There you get a picture of Jared Leto, the singer of one of my favorite bands 30 seconds to mars http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soon I getting really mistrustful when I hear the word "soon" now. :naughty: When mika get an entry there or has, you have won. I mean when it comes to patience.

@BICHE, mikalollipop_karla: Thank you

Lucky in two ways. Since I didn't know anything until shortly before the tickets were sold I didn't went nuts. But I know exactly how you felt. If you know the urban dictionary look up for the word "soon". There you get a picture of Jared Leto, the singer of one of my favorite bands 30 seconds to mars http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soon I getting really mistrustful when I hear the word "soon" now. :naughty: When mika get an entry there or has, you have won. I mean when it comes to patience.

@BICHE, mikalollipop_karla: Thank you

:naughty:

Good point. Patience is something that on MFC we have had to try to learn. He drives us completely up the wall sometimes:shocked::naughty:

:naughty:

Good point. Patience is something that on MFC we have had to try to learn. He drives us completely up the wall sometimes:shocked::naughty:

Well, I am a relaxed person right from the beginning. It takes a lot to drive me nuts. He can of cause try it but I don't think it will work out-should be more of a fan for going nuts. haha. I guess Mika is like every other artist when it comes to soon. It is something between now or never. Just believe the date. haha.

Well, I am a relaxed person right from the beginning. It takes a lot to drive me nuts. He can of cause try it but I don't think it will work out-should be more of a fan for going nuts. haha. I guess Mika is like every other artist when it comes to soon. It is something between now or never. Just believe the date. haha.

Yeah.....well, we waited two years for the EP........about 18 mths for the fan club to become official...............almost a year for these acoustic dates.....so I guess we are getting used to it:naughty:

Yeah.....well, we waited two years for the EP........about 18 mths for the fan club to become official...............almost a year for these acoustic dates.....so I guess we are getting used to it:naughty:

Wait until you order something, pay for it in advance, then forget completly you ever ordered it, get no information unless you look on the boards, then get information, wait longer, and even more longer and still its not here.....(but shipped).....so the conclusion is: its all the same with those famous guys! tz! lol!