MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

More Pictures To Come for PART 2....here's a preview:

Start of GIG day at Le Poisson Rouge

IMG_2808.jpg

is this my hat?:blink:

oh, i'm so out of loop!

Yes it is Robertina!:wub2:

It's the hat I got a at the Christmas party, I brought it to Berlin and Mika nicely signed it and wrote To the Moon on it!:wub2:

Then Sariflor has had it with her to Italy, Paris and to New York to hopefully make Mika pose in it for a picture but I think he's smarter than to let us make a fool of him!:naughty:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is Robertina!:wub2:

It's the hat I got a at the Christmas party, I brought it to Berlin and Mika nicely signed it and wrote To the Moon on it!:wub2:

Then Sariflor has had it with her to Italy, Paris and to New York to hopefully make Mika pose in it for a picture but I think he's smarter than to let us make a fool of him!:naughty:

what does it say? "To the....."? What?

Yes, that!

:roftl: Don't act surprised about the piano reflections, Sara - you can admit that it was planned to be special stylistic device - no false modesty here

Erm....no, no false modesty indeed, it was totally unexpected and a huge (albeit embarassing) surprise when I watched the vids. I had no idea on the night that we would be on the videos :roftl:.

There's probably footage of me in there somewhere noticing our reflections and begging her to turn the camera off. :roftl:

Once the singing and the mirrored images on those videos appear I'm going to have to go into hiding for a month.

Bah, forget about hiding. All our fangurliness and silliness was there for anyone and everyone to see. Too late to worry about appearances now :aah:

Hm, no Andy in NY, maybe you should grab your chance and apply for the job?:naughty:

Hmmm..not sure that there is an open position that I could fill :biggrin2:

Only god knows why, but he spontaneously wrote "To the moon!!!" on the hat :crybaby:

moon.

Don't ask. Nobody knows. Probably doesn't make any sense outside the context of Mika's head. :roftl:

It's because Sienna asked him to sign it in Berlin (thinking about a simple autograph)... but he was in such a good mood that he wanted to 'dedicate' it as well, so he started to write: 'to the...' and I think he asked about the name he should dedicate it to .... and because he did not receive an answer, he creatively wrote: To the moon ( as he saw the moon on the hat..) :blink:

:biggrin2:

Not sure what he thought or if he cared at all...someone might have explained it to him later on though:naughty:

PS: Sienna might like to tell us the whole story...?

Edited by suzie

Hello,

Just back home. Had to go to an emergency dentist as I have been in agony since just after the gig:shocked:

Anyway I wrote a brief report at JFK on word so I will cut and paste it but it isn't anywhere near as good as some of the ones that I have just quickly scanned. Thanks everyone for taking the time to write such detailed reports. I do of course envy you your front row positions....but as I say...at least I was there even if not in such a brilliant position.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. Am writing this as a word document at JFK so I will cut and paste it when I get home…whenever that may be so I will apologise now for the lack of smilies. Mind you, it will save me getting in a pickle by using too many like I usually do. I haven’t read anybody else’s report so at this stage I am not sure what people have had to say. I would imagine my report would be somewhat different from those that were at the front though. Dave and I were at the back as I didn’t think he would be able to stand for that length of time. We were on the raised platform bit at the back (The VIP bit). However, it was a bit of a nightmare really. There were seats, but only at the very back of the platform, which meant that if you sat down you could see absolutely nothing as everyone else was standing up. However, that wasn’t the main problem. The main problem was the fact that there were a lot of people on that platform who just insisted on talking the WHOLE way through Mika’s performance. To say it was infuriating is a gross understatement. It was incredibly rude and disrespectful. I decided that there was no point in trying to ask them to stop as they were ‘invited’ people and it would probably only have gotten me ejected, probably from the whole gig let alone the platform. However, it spoilt it. I just could not believe that some people were prepared to hold conversations whilst Mika was singing his heart out. Goodness knows what Mika’s family though as they made up the majority of people on the platform.

However, apart from that….it was a great show.

I thought that it was probably the most ‘unpolished’ Mika performance I have seen. He seemed to be all over the place, not following the set list and having trouble with the equipment etc…but it all adds to his endearment. He was obviously struggling enormously with his voice. I do have serious worries about how he is going to cope with a full tour when he launches the album.

I am still and always will be, in love with Lady Jane live.....and Relax.

I would have loved to have been down at the front…such a small intimate setting. But I was there and for that I was very grateful.

It was lovely to meet some of the MFCers that I hadn’t met before and to meet up with some old friends too.

I love NYC and Dave and I had a lovely break.

Thank you so much to Chritiano for taking a pic of Mika signing the flag and emailing me the pic. I love MFCers!

mikasignsMFCflag.jpg

Thank you also to Mika for another great show….in my opinion he always gives 200%. It was well worth the trip. I think this acoustic tour has been absolutely fantastic. I have loved the variety of the shows that I have seen, all very different. In a way I will be sad to have to go back to the fully blown ‘full on’ shows. The intimacy of these shows has been brilliant But I am sure it won’t stop me from going!

It's because Sienna asked him to sign it in Berlin (thinking about a simple autograph)... but he was in such a good mood that he wanted to 'dedicate' it as well, so he started to write: 'to the...' and I think he asked about the name he should dedicate it to .... and because he did not receive an answer, he creatively wrote: To the moon ( as he saw the moon on the hat..) :blink:

:biggrin2:

Not sure what he thought or if he cared at all...someone might have explained it to him later on though:naughty:

PS: Sienna might like to tell us the whole story...?

I like his graphic way of thinking. I really do. :wub2:

Thank you so much to Chritiano for taking a pic of Mika signing the flag and emailing me the pic. I love MFCers!

mikasignsMFCflag.jpg

Thank you also to Mika for another great show….in my opinion he always gives 200%. It was well worth the trip. I think this acoustic tour has been absolutely fantastic. I have loved the variety of the shows that I have seen, all very different. In a way I will be sad to have to go back to the fully blown ‘full on’ shows. The intimacy of these shows has been brilliant But I am sure it won’t stop me from going!

Kath, you are a STAR! How wonderful that you got him to sign

the flag on its first journey to the US!

And Chris, thanks for that photo! :wub2:

I'm so sorry that the talking spoiled the show for you --

how incredibly rude, as you said. :sneaky2: But it was lovely to see you (twice in two weeks!) and to meet Dave, even for such a short time.

Thank you for your report, and for your help with the

the queue management, and for just generally being your

own sweet self! :huglove:

how incredibly rude, as you said. :sneaky2: But it was lovely to see you (twice in two weeks!) and to meet Dave, even for such a short time.

The flag's never been to the US before?? :shocked:

Well congrats on getting it there!

I love the variety of reports and little gems we get from everyone who comes back and fills us in. Each perpective is so unique, I am sure it will almost be a letdown for me to attend a REAL live Mika gig and get only my own solitary perspective.

Not that any such opportunity is presenting itself. Gosh if it did, the flag would have to be sent DHL:aah:

AWWW Deb:wub2: How very sweet of you. It was lovely to see you again over the last couple of weeks....however briefly. It is DEFINATELY so much part of the whole experience now...meeting up with the MFCers. I just LOVE it:thumb_yello: It made me laugh that you say I 'Got' Mika to sign the flag....makes it sound as though I made him do it:naughty:

The flag's never been to the US before?? :shocked:

Well congrats on getting it there!

Well, that's it really. I just HAD to go so that the flag could be there:naughty:

I love the variety of reports and little gems we get from everyone who comes back and fills us in. Each perpective is so unique, I am sure it will almost be a letdown for me to attend a REAL live Mika gig and get only my own solitary perspective.

Not that any such opportunity is presenting itself. Gosh if it did, the flag would have to be sent DHL:aah:

I'll bring it:mf_rosetinted:

Wouldn't want you to have to go on your own:naughty:

AWWW Deb:wub2: How very sweet of you. It was lovely to see you again over the last couple of weeks....however briefly. It is DEFINATELY so much part of the whole experience now...meeting up with the MFCers. I just LOVE it:thumb_yello: It made me laugh that you say I 'Got' Mika to sign the flag....makes it sound as though I made him do it:naughty:

Well, you *made sure* he signed it, then :wink2:

I was so far down at the other end of the queue waiting for him that

I didn't even realize you were up there -- wish I could have seen him

sign it in person! :wub2:

Cheeseygoodness and me are sitting in my bed uploading the M&G video, its taking forever!

We are also reviewing pictures.

MY REPORT:

What can I say it was an experience that I will never forget. All the MFCers were so kind and they were all excited for musicfreak and me since it was are first gig.

The concert was everything I expected and more. My favorite song he did was Big Girl, that was insane:shocked: and of course the stage invasion where I got pushed under his piano because people were pushing so hard, but I fought to stand up:naughty: I was inches from Mika. I touched his arm, so sweaty:naughty:. I got pounds of the confetti and a broken balloon from Lollipop:teehee:

Id3 will like this detail. For sure. :naughty:

Best thing to do is ask, I think it's more polite than just diving on him.

Is it really necessary to say this again? :blink:

First rule: you shall respect the Mastah's body. :wub2:

Last night's show was absolutely amazing! I was able to take some videos that I will upload in a day or two. I should be dead tired and asleep but I'm not. I couldn't hardly sleep at all last night.

It was great to meet so many Mika fans!

I think my mind is tired. I will post more when I am more coherent.

I know this feeling! LMAO

Did anyone find out why he wasn't at the MMVA? :naughty:

He was sick, poor baby. :tears:

(my overprotective mother instinct was strangely right this time)

lucky boy...

because, after all the europan tour without, i should be disappointed if he finally play this song just the last date of the tour :fish:

*agrees*

I got there at like 8:45am cause i wanted to leave my friend apartment with him in the morning when he went to work... cause i had no idea how to get there by myself :teehee:

when i got there i saw the crazy HolyD and suzy that got there at 12am...lol was nice meting u girls!

It was awesome meeting you!!!! My name is actually Lucy not suzy:teehee: But I can understand it.

You are super sweet and nice!!!! I hope we get to spend more shows together!!!!

Well, you *made sure* he signed it, then :wink2:

I was so far down at the other end of the queue waiting for him that

I didn't even realize you were up there -- wish I could have seen him

sign it in person! :wub2:

I know.....................I was all on my own like Billy No Mates:naughty:

Dave was not AT ALL happy that I insisted on staying afterwards so I just had to try and get it done as quickly as I could...hence me running past you and dropping a kiss on you as I flew by:naughty:

Here is Mika's signiture.

022-4.jpg

He drew the heart with wings and wrote 'NY' in it then he signed 'Mika' and then wrote 'Latitude?'. I hope he is questioning if the flag will be at Latittude....rather than questioning if he himself will be there:naughty:

This is so true. I have been laughing and crying while reading this thread. So many emotions, so much warmth and love in these reports :wub2: Thank you, everyone, for reports, pics and vids!!

And I really hope there will be a gig in Japan in near future :thumb_yello:

AWWW Deb:wub2: How very sweet of you. It was lovely to see you again over the last couple of weeks....however briefly. It is DEFINATELY so much part of the whole experience now...meeting up with the MFCers. I just LOVE it:thumb_yello: It made me laugh that you say I 'Got' Mika to sign the flag....makes it sound as though I made him do it

It definitely is, Kath. And I can't believe that you mentioned the toothache in your text and I did t' actually process it in my mind until I read it again here now, and it sounded familiar....Then I 're-read' the text in my mind :roftl:. I'm sorry but the day after the gig I was an absolute zombie who had no coherence at all.

I hope that your tooth is better?? Did they have to do anything to you?

It was awesome meeting you!!!! My name is actually Lucy not suzy:teehee: But I can understand it.

You are super sweet and nice!!!! I hope we get to spend more shows together!!!!

So funny. Even though I've known Suzy for over a year and a half now, I have this mental block that I sometimes call her 'Lucy'.

And now Sivan has the opposite, ahhah. Too funny.

He drew the heart with wings and wrote 'NY' in it then he signed 'Mika' and then wrote 'Latitude?'. I hope he is questioning if the flag will be at Latittude....rather than questioning if he himself will be there:naughty:

He will actually be 'in hospital' instead of 'at Latitude' if doesn't slow down soon. Stubborn overworking pop tart. :tears:

:sad:

Dave was not AT ALL happy that I insisted on staying afterwards so I just had to try and get it done as quickly as I could...hence me running past you and dropping a kiss on you as I flew by:naughty:

022-4.jpg

Did you spell that name wrong, or did Mika? :roftl:

Aww, cute though, how he wants it to be taken there :wub2:

Gosh I wish I had no job but was rich enough to follow him around LOL.

022-4.jpg

Ooh, he signed right under my name :fangurl::roftl:

The Latitude? thing could be that he is questioning it. In Paris he told some people (Fanny and co) that he's not sure about that one I think, because he's meant to be in Germany (not doing a concert, but press or something) at the same time, so it wasn't 100 % sure.

But don't quote me on that. I don't trust ANY info that we get off these people :roftl:. It's just that they were saying that he'd made the point quite clearly.

Ooh, he signed right under my name :fangurl::roftl:

The Latitude? thing could be that he is questioning it. In Paris he told some people (Fanny and co) that he's not sure about that one I think, because he's meant to be in Germany (not doing a concert, but press or something) at the same time, so it wasn't 100 % sure.

But don't quote me on that. I don't trust ANY info that we get off these people :roftl:. It's just that they were saying that he'd made the point quite clearly.

Ooh dear :blink:

I took it as a "next sign in Latitude?" thing personally...:dunno: