MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

So funny. Even though I've known Suzy for over a year and a half now, I have this mental block that I sometimes call her 'Lucy'.

And now Sivan has the opposite, ahhah. Too funny.

LOL! Next time I will just say the actual name LUZ:teehee: But I still get my name messed up :roftl: I get called Lux or lius :blink::naughty:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe Sara was still calling Suzy Lucy after a year and a half. Now Sivan calling Lucy Suzy. What a bizarre coincidence. :roftl:

I don't know where Sara ever came up with Lucy for Suzy. :dunno::teehee:

Oh, and sorry to put this in here but as you're online Sara and you may know...is there a picture of the signed flag from London? Like, Mika's signature or somewhere?

I don't know, as I was far away when he did, but I am sure that someone would have taken a picture. If not of the signing, at least of the flag with his siggy on it (in the London space)

I'll see if I can find one.

I can't believe Sara was still calling Suzy Lucy after a year and a half. Now Sivan calling Lucy Suzy. What a bizarre coincidence. :roftl:

I don't know where Sara ever came up with Lucy for Suzy. :dunno::teehee:

I dunno Christine, my brain works in mysterious ways :crybaby: what can I say?

I don't know, as I was far away when he did, but I am sure that someone would have taken a picture. If not of the signing, at least of the flag with his siggy on it (in the London space)

I'll see if I can find one.

Aww how kind, thank you very much!

To me, it looks like he's saying "hey, Latitude is an acoustic set, too, where am I supposed to sign for that one? There's no room on the flag for it!" :roftl:

haha nice one! It could be! Just get him to sign under the headline, as he's already done it for us :roftl:

:thumb_yello:

...yes, I think it means 'Are you bringing it for me to sign at the Latitude festival?'

...quite obvious

Yes, I also think that this is how he means it, but I thought I'd throw in the bit of info that the frenchies told us in Paris after he spoke about the festivals.

And I also think that he's making a point of saying: where do we put Latitude? It's nearly full (like Mana pointed out).

Mika's become quite anal about the flag; Apparently in Amsterdam (was it there?? One of the euro ones that I didn't go to, so must have been that or Brussels) he noticed that the name of the place wasn't there yet and people had signed without the header, so he neatly wrote the place name before he signed the flag :roftl:.

To me, it looks like he's saying "hey, Latitude is an acoustic set, too, where am I supposed to sign for that one? There's no room on the flag for it!" :roftl:

Thanks Mana for your great *loooong* report :original:

So? Found better that Milan:naughty:

Oh and I found the part where you talk about Mika sweating on you very funny:roftl:

And I also think that he's making a point of saying: where do we put Latitude? It's nearly full (like Mana pointed out).

Mika's become quite anal about the flag; Apparently in Amsterdam (was it there?? One of the euro ones that I didn't go to, so must have been that or Brussels) he noticed that the name of the place wasn't there yet and people had signed without the header, so he neatly wrote the place name before he signed the flag :roftl:.

haha!! Cute!! Mika's become a part of our little community :wub2:

Yes, I also think that this is how he means it, but I thought I'd throw in the bit of info that the frenchies told us in Paris after he spoke about the festivals.

I specifically like the 'neatly' here. :roftl:

When I got my bag signed I didn't hold it properly, so the winged heart is a bit out of shape. My mum saw it and tried for hours to decode what he had written there. :bleh:

He drew the heart with wings and wrote 'NY' in it then he signed 'Mika' and then wrote 'Latitude?'. I hope he is questioning if the flag will be at Latittude....rather than questioning if he himself will be there:naughty:

maybe he was trying to remember the correct latitude and longitude grid references of New York...

he trays to be a precise geographer and he want to locate the flag like a GPS system :cool:

Edited by allegra

It definitely is, Kath. And I can't believe that you mentioned the toothache in your text and I did t' actually process it in my mind until I read it again here now, and it sounded familiar....Then I 're-read' the text in my mind :roftl:. I'm sorry but the day after the gig I was an absolute zombie who had no coherence at all.

I hope that your tooth is better?? Did they have to do anything to you?

No worries....my brain is in total shut down mode...(who stole Wednesday Night btw?)....How was your flight given that we must have been just about parallel....at about 90 mins in we hit the worst turbulance we have ever experienced...it was dreadful.....things flying all over the place:shocked:

I have got antibiotics for the toothache...I hope they start to work soon.

He will actually be 'in hospital' instead of 'at Latitude' if doesn't slow down soon. Stubborn overworking pop tart.

That wouldn't look good on the flag would it:naughty:

Did you spell that name wrong, or did Mika?

Aww, cute though, how he wants it to be taken there

Gosh I wish I had no job but was rich enough to follow him around LOL.

Mika and I are about on a par when it comes to spelling:thumb_yello:

Ooh, he signed right under my name

Yes but it is your name from Paris not NYC:naughty: I had to give him that bit of space though as it was the only space left in the vauge vacinity of NYC.

Oh, and sorry to put this in here but as you're online Sara and you may know...is there a picture of the signed flag from London? Like, Mika's signature or somewhere?

If there isn't one let me know and I will take one.

:thumb_yello:

...yes, I think it means 'Are you bringing it for me to sign at the Latitude festival?'

...quite obvious

I could have just asked him of course:naughty: The fact of the matter was that I was in such a rush (in the interests of not ending up divorced) that I was actually on the subway before I looked at what he had written:shocked:

I agree. He seems to consider it something that he really needs to do everytime....and would be quite upset if he didn't get to do it:naughty:

No worries....my brain is in total shut down mode...(who stole Wednesday Night btw?)....How was your flight given that we must have been just about parallel....at about 90 mins in we hit the worst turbulance we have ever experienced...it was dreadful.....things flying all over the place:shocked:

I have got antibiotics for the toothache...I hope they start to work soon.

Yes, it was terrible!! They had to abort the dinner service because things weren't staying on the trays :roftl:. I was so tired that I didn't even care about the thought of dying in a crash, and all I thought was: at least it's now and not on my way TO the gig :naughty:. I didn't even have the energy to be worried :lmao:

Hopefully the antibiotic starts working soon- I also had a tooth/gum infection a month or so ago and needed antibiotics, and in 2 days I went from the worst pain that I have ever experienced, to being totally fine. I hope it clears up soon! It must have been horrid to get it over there :blink:

maybe he was trying to remember the correct latitude and longitude grid references of New York...

he trays to be a precise geographer and he want to locate the flag like a GPS system :cool:

Maybe indeed Allegra....we are maybe underestimating the great man:naughty:

Yes, it was terrible!! They had to abort the dinner service because things weren't staying on the trays :roftl:. I was so tired that I didn't even care about the thought of dying in a crash, and all I thought was: at least it's now and not on my way TO the gig :naughty:. I didn't even have the energy to be worried :lmao:

Hopefully the antibiotic starts working soon- I also had a tooth/gum infection a month or so ago and needed antibiotics, and in 2 days I went from the worst pain that I have ever experienced, to being totally fine. I hope it clears up soon! It must have been horrid to get it over there :blink:

You have just made me really laugh there:naughty: Well, at least it is reassuring then.....we thought that our pilot should have just gone a bit higher:naughty: Ours was exactly the same...wine bottles and coffee all over the place:shocked: Very good point about it being on the way home btw:naughty:

Yes, I think that is what it is...a gum infection. Because it started on Tuesday night (after the gig) and we were leaving on Wed there was no choice really but to just live with it. I didn't really have the time to try and tackle it over there and it would no doubt have been complicated re insurance etc.:shocked:

Edited by kath

maybe he want to cancel the memory of Amerigo Vespucci and rename America with Amikara :cool:

Indeed:thumb_yello:

I am still giggling to myself at the thought of 'Mika on Bleecker'...as in Bleecker Street. We could add to it..............Mika on Bleecker in Amikara.

Oh dear.................I need some sleep:naughty:

I am not a nervous flyer to start with but yes I care even less about dying AFTER the gig is over. :roftl:

Kath I'm glad at least your toothache held off until after the gig as well. Hope you're all better soon!

I love that Mika's so into the flag thing. Well done to Rose and everyone who's transported it and signed it. :thumb_yello: