MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

Part 4. MIKA!

So despite his sore throat (from the queue outside, we saw someone buying a cool-mist humidifier from the CVS pharmacy next door who said slyly "yeah, someone needs this tonight" :blink:) and his endearing little piano mistakes - Mika was pure pleasure....I was simply captivated.

Mika was beaming. He was playful. He had on a radiant smile throughout the whole performance. The excitement and energy was reciprocated with his fans. Everyone was full on. You can see that the orchestra he just met 3 hours before could not believe the exceptional spark between the artist and his fans.

IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLLY!!!

I am waiting for your report and pics!!!

Hey we ALL knew my computer would NOT cooperate with me! :doh:

LUCKILY I am going to the library tomorrow (after Alysia's doctor's appointment) :teehee: So I am going to be able to do it all then - tomorrow LUCY!~ :naughty: I have been dying to get on here - and my computer has not let me online at all . . . SO FRUSTRATING - just ONE more thing I hate about living in the freaking woods! :sneaky2:

You are the first person Ive met that has cried for Mika, other than me. I swear it is so rare that I cry, it really takes a lot, but sometimes just a thought, a photo, or a video of Mika can really hit me hard.

When I saw him at Sadler's Wells I cried about 5 times, hard :

When I got kicked out of the theater because I accidentally walked into him and the band rehearsing but i purposely sat down and watched them, when the show finally started I cried for the first 4 songs or so, when i ran down to the front row and he grabbed my hand, when we were dancing standing up, and when I saw him at the meet and greet.

god, am such a baby this is sick . But SO relieved that you've bawled too :)

OMG . . . I cry - ALWAYS and thank GOODNESS it is always right AFTER he leaves! I could not hold it back this time :no: I was SO full of emotions - and exhaustion . . .and pure AMAZEMENT! You should come to our next Florida MFC Meet Up - then you, me, Alex, Laura and Brianna can ALL cry together! :teehee:

PART 3! - Yay! Finally - we're In! Get as close to the stage as possible!

What a relief - the security at Le Poisson Rouge honoured our queue numbering system and used it in their process of letting people inside ten at a time. I think I asked Candboys (whose number was in the 30s) if order was still maintained when she was being let in, and she replied "yes", despite some people who still tried to sneak by and were stopped by security :sneaky2:. But yay - it worked! Thanks especially to StandardToaster and lollipop_monkey, Sariflor (who continued to warn people in the 2nd chaotic queue), and dcdeb who took over the list for the new arrivals at the end of the queue.

It all paid off. The people who got their earliest, had first dibs all around the perimeter of the stage. Here is what it looked like around me, when we first got in:

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

love your picture story suzy. glad you had a great time... was looking forward to a pic of you in queue with those rubber boots though :aah:

OMG . . . I cry - ALWAYS and thank GOODNESS it is always right AFTER he leaves! I could not hold it back this time :no: I was SO full of emotions - and exhaustion . . .and pure AMAZEMENT! You should come to our next Florida MFC Meet Up - then you, me, Alex, Laura and Brianna can ALL cry together! :teehee:

When is this meet up happening?

Part 5. The End.

Thanks for the "Meet & Greet"!

Sorry sariflor and sienna - I didn't ask him to wear the Wiz hat, as it didn't quite seem the right moment to. No one else was around to witness it and he almost didn't stop to look or exchange a word with me. Until....I reminded him that I saw him at the Mod Club! :teehee: And I gave him a high-five.:wub2:

IMG_2901.jpg

Fabulous to have met all of you MFCers (again, and for the first time)

IMG_2816.jpg

Bye Big Apple!

IMG_2905.jpg

Part 5. The End.

Thanks for the "Meet & Greet"!

Sorry sariflor and sienna - I didn't ask him to wear the Wiz hat, as it didn't quite seem the right moment to. No one else was around to witness it and he almost didn't stop to look or exchange a word with me. Until....I reminded him that I saw him at the Mod Club! :teehee: And I gave him a high-five.:wub2:

:lmao: i was hoping that you'd remind him... again! :aah:

Hey we ALL knew my computer would NOT cooperate with me! :doh:

LUCKILY I am going to the library tomorrow (after Alysia's doctor's appointment) :teehee: So I am going to be able to do it all then - tomorrow LUCY!~ :naughty: I have been dying to get on here - and my computer has not let me online at all . . . SO FRUSTRATING - just ONE more thing I hate about living in the freaking woods! :sneaky2:

I am so happy you are here. But sucks that I have to go now. My hubby is literally pushing me away. He said I spent too much time on here today :sneaky2:

It sucks to live with a non-mcfer!:mf_rosetinted:

Suzy those pictures are :swoon:

I know. I miss him already. And this being your very first Mika gig - you are going to get even more obsessed to see him again. And again. And again.

love your picture story suzy. glad you had a great time... was looking forward to a pic of you in queue with those rubber boots though :aah:

I almost brought them. But besides having no room in my tiny carry-on bag, I figured that 12 hour queuing in rubber boots might not have been the most comfortable footwear.

I know. I miss him already. And this being your very first Mika gig - you are going to get even more obsessed to see him again. And again. And again.

I almost brought them. But besides having no room in my tiny carry-on bag, I figured that 12 hour queuing in rubber boots might not have been the most comfortable footwear.

OMG I know! Musicfreak and me are talking on facebook about how we cant listen to his CD again the same way:roftl:

and the backstreet boys :roftl::teehee:

:naughty: you are so right. They are coming with a new album and I think is due late this year. So, I just hope it does not interfere with Mika. because as of now, I am definitely going to see my minkster!

When is this meet up happening?

. . . no clue - just saying - - she should be apart of it! :naughty:

I am so happy you are here. But sucks that I have to go now. My hubby is literally pushing me away. He said I spent too much time on here today :sneaky2:

It sucks to live with a non-mcfer!:mf_rosetinted:

Oooohhh . . . I have been TRYING to get online ALL DAY! :doh:

I want go to. I am going to start a saving account next week just for my gigs specially Mika's.

I am too (you know WHEN) :roftl: