MIKA @ Baalbeck International Festival, Lebanon - 24 June 2010

dcdeb

Confirmed by Mikasounds.com:

Mika To Play The BaalBeck International Festival

Amazing news Mika fans, our favourite popstar has today been confirmed for a stunning return to his homeland at the Baalbeck International Festival this summer.

Mika will perform at the magnificent Courtyard of the Two Temples on June 24, the first time he has played in Beirut since 2008.

Tickets for the show are on sale now, click here for details of how to get yours - they are sure to sell out fast!

For more information on the Baalbeck festival head to the official website.

120155710.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This would be my dream, to see Mika performing in Beirut, I've always wanted to see it. Unfortunately not possible this time, I'm leaving to Italy 24th June...

Hope someone is going so we can see videos? :biggrin2:

This would be my dream, to see Mika performing in Beirut, I've always wanted to see it. Unfortunately not possible this time, I'm leaving to Italy 24th June...

impossible to don't have any report,videos,photos from a gigi of mika :roftl:

• 2 weeks later...
impossible to don't have any report,videos,photos from a gigi of mika :roftl:

You will get a report! I'm going! :yay: Well, Baalbeck is full of ancient relics and I thought I'd blend in well...:roftl:

I can't do videos but I will try and take a couple of pix on my rather pathetic camera (no idea how to put them on here, will have to read up on that). I'm coming back and going straight to the Eden Project gig though, so you may have to be patient!

You will get a report! I'm going! :yay: Well, Baalbeck is full of ancient relics and I thought I'd blend in well...:roftl:

I can't do videos but I will try and take a couple of pix on my rather pathetic camera (no idea how to put them on here, will have to read up on that). I'm coming back and going straight to the Eden Project gig though, so you may have to be patient!

You're going to Baalbeck!!! Thats fantastic:biggrin2:

You're going to Baalbeck!!! Thats fantastic:biggrin2:

Well I'm hoping it will be...

This is all on the assumption that my flights go according to plan, that my visa gets me in, that my ticket will be where it's supposed to be, that I can actually find where that is in Beirut (using my map which is in Arabic which I must remember to read from right to left and not left to right), that I can fathom out a transport system which has no bus schedules and apparently no bus stops, and get myself to the middle of nowhere for the gig - and back again in the middle of the night! Oh how I like an adventure :biggrin2:

This is all on the assumption that my flights go according to plan, that my visa gets me in, that my ticket will be where it's supposed to be, that I can actually find where that is in Beirut (using my map which is in Arabic which I must remember to read from right to left and not left to right), that I can fathom out a transport system which has no bus schedules and apparently no bus stops, and get myself to the middle of nowhere for the gig - and back again in the middle of the night! Oh how I like an adventure :biggrin2:

:shocked: Are you sure you want to go? :aah:

OMG Enigma!!!!! :shocked: You're a trouper!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha!!!!!!!!

You must give us a super detailed report when you get back, I can't wait to hear how your adventure went :roftl:

Wow, this is fabulous!! Why aren't you posting in the donut thread? :roftl:

I told Andy in Tokyo that we only had two nights left and he said "Aren't you going to Beirut?" :blink:

I'm in Japan ffs!!! What do you think this is?? :sneaky2::naughty:

Anyway I'm glad someone is doing it. Have a wonderful adventure!!! :biggrin2:

Oh wow you're so lucky !!! :biggrin2:

Usually the festival committee organize a bus transportation from beirut to baalbeck and back , but you can easily take a bus from the central bus station near the port of beirut and spend the day there in the runes , there are so much things to see ! I'm sure you're gonna enjoy it , people are extremely friendly over there and you won't have any problem at all. I can help you if you need some informations, there's also the facebook group for the gig they might help you.

Have a wonderful stay over there lucky girl !!! :aah:

Wow, this is fabulous!! Why aren't you posting in the donut thread? :roftl:

Sorry, having a thick moment - what's the donut thread?! All these fokkers and donuts confuse me, although I admit it doesn't take much...

OMG I'm so looking forward to this :woot_jump:

I might be a tad tired at Eden tho...

Sorry, having a thick moment - what's the donut thread?! All these fokkers and donuts confuse me, although I admit it doesn't take much...

I'm sure MFC will provide a kit for Baalbeeck survivors at Eden! :huglove:

Great!! :thumb_yello: Please write a report and tell how it was! No hurry, we can wait :biggrin2: I'm really interested to hear about this gig.

Sorry, donuts are just people who travel around to see Mika. We turned into Fokkers somewhere along the way. Nevermind. :naughty:

When do you leave for Beirut? How long does it take to get there?

After hanging onto mummy's (Blue Sky's) coat tails all week in Japan, I don't think I'd be able to navigate Lebanon on my own unless there's a lot more French than Arabic everywhere. :aah:

Sorry, donuts are just people who travel around to see Mika. We turned into Fokkers somewhere along the way. Nevermind. :naughty:

When do you leave for Beirut? How long does it take to get there?

After hanging onto mummy's (Blue Sky's) coat tails all week in Japan, I don't think I'd be able to navigate Lebanon on my own unless there's a lot more French than Arabic everywhere. :aah:

Ah. Well then I'm a donut and a fokker I guess. I've been called worse!

I'm going via Cyprus on Monday evening, then on to Beirut early next morning.

I've got the important Arabic phrases written down phonetically. I figure as long as I can say hello, please, thanks, where, bus, taxi, hotel, yes and no, I should be just fine! So I will spend the first couple of days (before the gig) saying WHERE BUS? and WHERE MIKA? and then after the gig WHERE BUS, and WHERE HOTEL? It'll be a doddle! :thumb_yello::roftl:

If I had the money for the flight, I'd be on that!:aah:

*sigh* If I didn't bought my ticket for July ages ago and If I didn't have exams on the 21-22-23th I'd be on that too ! OMG exams :shocked: *goes back to his books*

*sigh* If I didn't bought my ticket for July ages ago and If I didn't have exams on the 21-22-23th I'd be on that too ! OMG exams :shocked: *goes back to his books*

I wish you were going.

Have you heard anything from Racha?

I don't know what's happened to her. I called her when this was announced but not heard anything back.

I wish you were going.

Have you heard anything from Racha?

I don't know what's happened to her. I called her when this was announced but not heard anything back.

I really don't know what happened to her as well , I haven't seen her here for a long time...

i'm sure we'll have some reports from this gig just the same. we do have a few members from mfc who are in lebanon. they came on mfc after the last gig, i'm sure they'll remember us....

right??? :fangurl:

I hope they do come here , otherwise I'll go and ask them in the facebook page to come to the MFC and post their report here :aah:

Awww, mine too. Especially in the Roman temple. Some day maybe.:wub2:

Archived