New blog!

lindemfc

And they're gonna have to wait for the winner to reply to an email before they can even start to make arrangements, it's not like they have asked for phone numbers or anything.

Yeah I noticed that too. If they really do go around trying to contact winners I can imagine the tears now as people check their mail too late to discover they should have won and didn't actually get the prize.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And they're gonna have to wait for the winner to reply to an email before they can even start to make arrangements, it's not like they have asked for phone numbers or anything. But I guess Mika has an awful lot of cousins in France who can be contacted directly in case the winners don't reply right away :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah I noticed that too. If they really do go around trying to contact winners I can imagine the tears now as people check their mail too late to discover they should have won and didn't actually get the prize.

Absolutely, if they send emails out at say between 4-5pm on Thursday afternoon, it turns the whole thing into a circus (yes, the pun was intended).

I would hope they would send them out midday tomorrow at the latest, for it to make any sense at all.

Absolutely, if they send emails out at say between 4-5pm on Thursday afternoon, it turns the whole thing into a circus (yes, the pun was intended).

I would hope they would send them out midday tomorrow at the latest, for it to make any sense at all.

and how are they gonna pay it then? Do you reckon they're gonna transfer money on friday morning so you can book the flight or? :mf_rosetinted:

and how are they gonna pay it then? Do you reckon they're gonna transfer money on friday morning so you can book the flight or? :mf_rosetinted:

I was curious too

Hence no flights as the winner will be French

Late and last minute

<takes deep breath>

Sigghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If it's a flight job, I would assume you would pick up your ticket from the airport, and they would give you the name of the hotel you would be staying at. Can't remember if he mentioned transfers to and from the airport, but I think it's a possibility. And the concert ticket they might email,or have it at the hotel for you to pick up.

It sounds like you would be travelling on the Friday, as it's 1 nights stay.

nothing we didn't know already though...

01 jul 2008 08:08

Win tickets to see MIKA in Paris this Friday!

Hey there!

A couple of things that you need to know!

First – we are re-launching MIKA's website very soon, to explain all about it MIKA himself has filmed a special message which you can see here.

Secondly – as you may know, MIKA is playing a massive show at the Parc de Prince in Paris this Friday on 4th July. This is MIKA's first stadium show and it's a sell out. However, the good news is that we have 4 pairs of tickets up for grabs – not only that we will also throw in one nights accommodation and travel also. All you need to do is enter your email and country location here.

Best of luck!

Mikasounds

I really don't want to sound picky, or anal, or critical, and I totally agree that it's a lovely thing that he's giving out these "ticket packs", but REALLY, Mika should employ someone who can spell to post these things.

It's about his image, his professionality, and how he will be perceived. He needs to present himself properly, and a mispelled blog is not the way forward. I'm not saying this to attack him, or to be horrible, but I think that this will not reflect well on him and his image, so it would make sense to take a bit more care with it.:thumb_yello:

Apart from that, it's a great idea, and I hope that an MFC'er wins!!

If it's a flight job, I would assume you would pick up your ticket from the airport, and they would give you the name of the hotel you would be staying at. Can't remember if he mentioned transfers to and from the airport, but I think it's a possibility. And the concert ticket they might email,or have it at the hotel for you to pick up.

so they would need to get your details, get the flight booked and then get back to you with the details of flight and hotel :mf_rosetinted: Yupp sure...top of the week mate :mf_rosetinted:

why are you so mad ?

mika did a "video blog" 2 days before and you want again something new ?

i think that he is going to post his blog when the website is ready.

we're not mad :blink:

we're just curious how he's going to plan this...

Don't think it makes much difference it being put on Myspace, same people are on there as on here and Mikasounds.

I think though, as I noticed has been said before, this competiton should really have been done weeks ago.

Because, even if the winner is from France, you still need notice to take time off work.

This posting the winner two days/the day before the concert is not fair to anyone, especially if they have families or pets (yes, I know this first hand, as I dogsit for my friend, and we have syncronised our calenders for it 6 months in advance).

I can't remember if we mentioned this to Mika, when he told us about the competition, I think Sara might have said something, but I'm not sure. Even so, a bit more thought about the structure of competitions in the future, wouldn't hurt.

Sadly, I don't think I made any comments on that, all I recall telling him (over and over again) was that the place was waaay to big, so I wouldn't go. Oh, and that I was also done with costumes as they were too much hassle:roftl:.

so they would need to get your details, get the flight booked and then get back to you with the details of flight and hotel :mf_rosetinted: Yupp sure...top of the week mate :mf_rosetinted:

But yes, these things are lovely, lovely gestures, but he needs to get someone who can do the job properly.

Any numpty can display a bit more organisation and care, it really isn't rocket science, and that is my criticism.

Doing these things poorly will not achieve the desired result, and will only cause him grief.

If he does it, he needs to make sure that it's done properly.

It's a shame, but it is the way it is:thumbdown:.

I really don't want to sound picky, or anal, or critical, and I totally agree that it's a lovely thing that he's giving out these "ticket packs", but REALLY, Mika should employ someone who can spell to post these things.

It's about his image, his professionality, and how he will be perceived. He needs to present himself properly, and a mispelled blog is not the way forward. I'm not saying this to attack him, or to be horrible, but I think that this will not reflect well on him and his image, so it would make sense to take a bit more care with it.:thumb_yello:

Apart from that, it's a great idea, and I hope that an MFC'er wins!!

i don't understand, where's the spelling mistake?

yep, i completely agree. i'm very curious to see how this all turns out!

sigh.

now even more people will sign up...and I agree about the professional thing, especially if he is attempting to come off to fans as professional in his blog by all that scripted-stiff feeling stuff.

I was curious too

Hence no flights as the winner will be French

Late and last minute

<takes deep breath>

Sigghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

exactly.

sad thing to get the hopes up of us farther away peeps.

imagine if someone in farther away country won, it would be MAD just by yourself, let alone trying to get other people who are available to go with you.

probably over half the people who entered would not be able to attend at this point. messy messy contest if you ask me.

Which means only someone from Western Europe can make it. I cannot travel to France on Friday and go to the gig the same day. Currently direct flights from Toronto to Paris leaving Thursday and returning Saturday are $6,000 so it would be $12,000 for the pair.

If they were going to leave it until the last minute they should have specified that it's only open to people from certain countries.

:roftl::thumb_yello:

Which means only someone from Western Europe can make it. I cannot travel to France on Friday and go to the gig the same day. Currently direct flights from Toronto to Paris leaving Thursday and returning Saturday are $6,000 so it would be $12,000 for the pair.

If they were going to leave it until the last minute they should have specified that it's only open to people from certain countries.

:roftl::thumb_yello:

hmm lets see..would Mika rather play fair and pay $6000 or more for someone out of country...or...maybe $200 tops for someone right by the gig...

I agree about the only open to certain countries, of course that probably would have made me mad too, but better than sitting and hoping to win when you know you have no chance.

i don't understand, where's the spelling mistake?
I think it's the Parc de Prince, which should actually be Parc des Princes.

That, and I also meant grammar and punctuation. I may be picky like I said, but it doesn't cost a thing to do things "better".

For example:

HIS BLOG:

First – we are re-launching MIKA's website very soon, to explain all about it MIKA himself has filmed a special message which you can see here.

Secondly – as you may know, MIKA is playing a massive show at the Parc de Prince in Paris this Friday on 4th July. This is MIKA's first stadium show and it's a sell out. However, the good news is that we have 4 pairs of tickets up for grabs – not only that we will also throw in one nights accommodation and travel also. All you need to do is enter your email and country location here.

Best of luck!

Mikasounds

My version:

First- We are re-launching MIKA's website very soon. To explain all about it, MIKA himself has filmed a special message which you can see here.

Second – As you may know, MIKA is playing a massive show at the Parc des Princes in Paris this Friday the 4th of July. This is MIKA's first stadium show and it's a sell out. However, the good news is that we have 4 pairs of tickets up for grabs – Not only that; We will also throw in one night's accommodation and travel. All you need to do is enter your email and country location here.

Best of luck!

Mikasounds

As I said, it's not rocket science, or anything major, but writing things properly will give it some sort of "presence" that it is now lacking, as it looks amateurish and just ..poor.

I mean, come on, I am not even a native english speaker; I'm sure that natives can even come up with more changes to it than I just did.

Ideas are brilliant but the way they´re handling everything is a mess, as usual. We´re used to it but it can´t stop amazing me everytime i see another "step" *sighs*

Good luck to anyone (including me) who entered to the contest. Winning will provide you a good heart attack :D