Mika in Belgian Press 2 - 2009

The little parts: A round of Belgium.

Belgian beer

"I love Belgian beer. You don't have to eat anything with it. My favourite is Westmalle Trippel. Or that other, that taste a bit after chocolate .... Rochefort! Of course I know Duvel too. In England people drink it out of big "pints". One Duvel like that equals 4, 5 regular beers. You see people drink up their beer and literally fall backwards!"

Werchter

"That festival gave my very good memories. The crowd was absolutely insane. A bit odd: my lawyer has a place in Werchter. He's a Brit, but goes there a lot for a weekend and then he explores the area on a motor cycle. This year I won't play at Rock Werchter - the album isn't out yet - but next year I'm back!"

Fashion of Antwerp

"I love fashiondesigners of Antwerp like Walter Van Beirendonck and Ann De Meulemeester. I'm really looking forward to visit their shops in Antwerp. Amazing, how a whole generation at the same time can make such beautiful things. What I also like with Walter Van Beirendonck is that he teaches at the Antwerp academy of fashion. So it doesn't stop after him."

Comic strips.

"When I was in Brussels last time, I visited the comic strip-museum. Fun, but there's work on it. But I really like comics. The museum has a really nice shop, where I dare to spend too much money. But this time my money has got up at a handmade miniature-boat that I bought in my hotel. For a nephew? No, for me."

Dutch

"At gigs I insist on doing the announcements in the language of the visitors. But dutch is one of the hardest languages to learn for me. With the last Belgian gig I've spend 4 hours on it, and immediately after the gig I'd already forgotten most of it."

That's it! :biggrin2:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bienie! That article is great, so full of little details! It makes me suspect that the journalist somehow managed to record the conversation, I don't think he/she could have remembered everything otherwise.:sneaky2::naughty:

Hmm, I can't put it in the first post anymore .. too much text .. :lmao:

And now?

There's still a little part left ...

Maybe you could ask Linde to add it to her post (2nd) :biggrin2: