iadoremika

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!! This sounds absolutely AMAZING!

Haha, oh man, I'm so excited...

I've recently been obsessed with Moulin Rouge and have been thinking how cool it would be for Mika to be involved in a musical.... and now its happening!!

By the way, I totally recommend Moulin Rouge. Its a musical, and its very romance-y and glittery, but it is great, in my personal opinion.

That is one of my favourite movies!

Baz Luhrmann was the director of that movie.

Baz also assisted Hugh Jackman when he hosted The Oscars.

Since being a fan of both Baz & Mika I really want to see these two artistic wonders work together.

They both have such colourful, artistic, spectacular visions.

If Mika does write the film's sounding book & score hopefully he will neet & possibly spend some time with Baz & these two will possibly work together in the future.

I have wished for a collaboration of Mika & Baz for about two years now.

I think it would be a Brilliant Extravaganza!!

Since being a fan of both Baz & Mika I really want to see these two artistic wonders work together.

If Mika does write the film's sounding book & score hopefully he will neet & possibly spend some time with Baz & these two will possibly work together in the future.

I've been so curious to know what you would think because of your siggie.:biggrin2:

I've been so curious to know what you would think because of your siggie.:biggrin2:

I have been excited - really excited at the possiblities.

Then I think it isn't true.

Then I hope it is.

The result is I have been checking here all day to see if it gets confirmed. :roll1:

Oh goodness, me too!

Moulin Rouge is just so visually satisfying and so greatly artistic. I have been thinking about Mika being involved in a musical recently too haha.

Hopefully its all true. So Baz Luhrmann is going to be the director of this new musical??

It will be... SPECTACULAR, SPECTACULAR!!!!!

:lol3: I love that scene.

Oh goodness, me too!

Moulin Rouge is just so visually satisfying and so greatly artistic. I have been thinking about Mika being involved in a musical recently too haha.

Hopefully its all true. So Baz Luhrmann is going to be the director of this new musical??

It will be... SPECTACULAR, SPECTACULAR!!!!!

:lol3: I love that scene.

Well, no. Atm there is no mention of Baz Luhrmann apart from what Kodes wishes. I mean, it would be fabulous, the man has a great eye, and maybe you can tweet Hugh and suggest it, but we don't know anything about a director yet.

Oh goodness, me too!

Well, no. Atm there is no mention of Baz Luhrmann apart from what Kodes wishes. I mean, it would be fabulous, the man has a great eye, and maybe you can tweet Hugh and suggest it, but we don't know anything about a director yet.

No - I didn't mean to imply that Baz Luhrmann is the director.

That would be fantastic but I haven't heard anything like that.

I am just hoping that since Hugh Jackman & Baz know each other & have worked together that there would be a chance that if Mika does the do the sound book & music then he would get to meet Baz through Hugh.

I suppose I wasn't very clear & it is a convoluted way for Mika & Baz Luhrmann to meet & talk.

Me wanting Mika & Baz to create together would be a dream come true for me & possibly his fans as the results would be Brilliant!!.

Ah okay, I see. Thank you, haha.

That would be brilliant if he was director.

Well, that have some time, hopefully they'll find someone good :)

*bump*

Does anyone know if any of the mods have talked to Mika's team about this? I mean, every article that i read (besides naively doubting Mika's abilities :sneaky2:) only mentions that they are "in talks" with Mika. Or that they are "considering" him.

I don't want to get my hopes up about this, but let's face it, I already have!:roftl:

*bump*

Does anyone know if any of the mods have talked to Mika's team about this? I mean, every article that i read (besides naively doubting Mika's abilities :sneaky2:) only mentions that they are "in talks" with Mika. Or that they are "considering" him.

I don't want to get my hopes up about this, but let's face it, I already have!:roftl:

So have I! I want him to show those doubters what he's made of.

I want him to do an amazing musical score (which we know he can do)

And then I want him to go home one night with a statuette called Oscar!

• 2 weeks later...

IS THIS SUBSTANTIATED?

"He has notably declined a role in the musical 'The greatest american SHOWMAN', which is about the circus director PT Barnum to be played by actor Hugh Jackman."

ANYTHING MORE RECENT THAN THIS

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/aug/04/hugh-jackman-anne-hathaway-pt-barnum

Edited by A. Clay

IS THIS SUBSTANTIATED?

"He has notably declined a role in the musical 'The greatest american SHOWMAN', which is about the circus director PT Barnum to be played by actor Hugh Jackman."

ANYTHING MORE RECENT THAN THIS

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/aug/04/hugh-jackman-anne-hathaway-pt-barnum

Well it says in the new Swedish interview thread, that he has declined it. I did have a feeling he had, because he didn't mention it in any of the interviews I've read. I'm disappointed, but on the other hand, he's better off not trying to do too much. It would put him under a lot of stress, and maybe make him ill. He has admitted in that interview that the pressure got too much. I had suspected that in 2008, when people kept asking him about his next album, that he was worried about whether he could do another album as good as LICM.

But he's doing great, his snippets of the album are sounding sooooo good, and I'm so happy with the way things are going right now, and with his record company trying hard to break him in America, there's a lot to be happy about!

Well it says in the new Swedish interview thread, that he has declined it. I did have a feeling he had, because he didn't mention it in any of the interviews I've read.

He mentioned it in a radio interview last week. He said that they had asked him about doing the music but he wasn't going to commit to anything until he'd finished the album and since then he hasn't had a chance to deal with it. He made it sound as if he wasn't sure if he wanted to do it or not, not that he had declined the offer.

He mentioned it in a radio interview last week. He said that they had asked him about doing the music but he wasn't going to commit to anything until he'd finished the album and since then he hasn't had a chance to deal with it. He made it sound as if he wasn't sure if he wanted to do it or not, not that he had declined the offer.

Well at the end of the day, it's Mika's choice. If he thinks he can do it I just know it will be amazing because, let's face it, Mika IS the new Barnum! But it could be that he has too much on, and too many other things to do. I know he would not want to do less than his best, so he's probably thinking hard and will come to the right decision, whatever that may be.

Well it says in the new Swedish interview thread, that he has declined it. I did have a feeling he had, because he didn't mention it in any of the interviews I've read. I'm disappointed, but on the other hand, he's better off not trying to do too much. It would put him under a lot of stress, and maybe make him ill. He has admitted in that interview that the pressure got too much. I had suspected that in 2008, when people kept asking him about his next album, that he was worried about whether he could do another album as good as LICM.

But he's doing great, his snippets of the album are sounding sooooo good, and I'm so happy with the way things are going right now, and with his record company trying hard to break him in America, there's a lot to be happy about!

IF it's true

(and he's not just playing 'hard to get' for negotiating purposes)

I trust MIKA's judgement completely!

Edited by A. Clay

• 1 month later...

Mika to write Hugh Jackman musical

PA Entertainment

Mika said he's been approached to write a Hugh Jackman musical

Mika has claimed that he is in talks to pen a new musical, starring Hugh Jackman.

"I've been approached by Fox Studios to write the new Hugh Jackman musical - serious - and I've been approached by one of the big animation houses to create a character-based project," he told Heat.

"Movie people are my biggest supporters," added the singer whose new album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, is available now. Mika also confessed all about his reckless past, saying: "I was very good at being bad. I'd sneak out of my house at 3am in the morning to hang out with people who were too old - I used to go to this club every Monday, put on some guyliner, party it down."

"I always got caught, though. I was doing things I shouldn't have been doing. And I'm glad I did it then, because now I've stayed sane. I'm kind of over it.

I don't see the point now."

The 26-year-old - real name Michael Penniman - added: "When I was 16 or 17, my mum was like, 'You're either going to end up in jail or famous. You make your mind up.' And I was like, 'Oh, that's an easy choice!'"

http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/entertainment/news/music/2009/09/22/mika_to_write_hugh_jackman_musical