What would you ask Mika? (part 2)

chickadee

OK, we managed to fill the first page of the other thread with questions until it wouldn't let me add anymore:biggrin2:

So that the questions wouldn't get lost BS suggest we start a new thread so... here it is. TADA!

If you are anything like me and have Mika bubbling away at the back of your thoughts all day long regardless of whatever else it is that you may actually be doing, then you may have thought of questions that you have about Mika or for Mika.

And cos they crop up so regularly for me and then my dementia kicks in and I forget what it was I wanted to know, I have trouble finding the answers to these questions.

So, I thought I'd start a thread for questions I'd like to ask Mika if he was standing in front of me.

Now, it may only end up being a place where I keep a record of my failing memory, but if you have any questions you've always wanted to ask Mika, maybe you could write them here too. And it may well be that the answer to your question is already out there somewhere and another kind MFC'er can point you on the way to your enlightenment. At least, that's what I'm half hoping might happen for me

I'm not all that interested in hearing things like "Will you marry me?" or "Are you gay?" etc. Whilst they may be valid questions, they're a bit old hat. I want to know if you've got any other kinds of questions... Maybe random ones like RAK1 was asking after the U.K. gigs or maybe serious ones. Whatever, just let the questions flow!

I've continued this over from the old thread... (the list is now too long for post #1, please look at post #3)

The List (continued):

-----------------------------------------------

•  
  • I know you studied yoga at the Royal College of Music, but were you into it before you went there? Do you ever do any now?

• What do you do to relax?

• So in your blog you didn't wash your hair for ...how long was it...? Did you also not shave for the corresponding period of time, and if so how did the beard look?

• You've said in interviews that you wrote rubbishy little tunes when you were younger. Did you think they were rubbishy at the time or was it only people's negative reactions to them that made you think they mustn't be very good? At what point/age did you decide that what you were writing was actually ok and cease to listen to the naysayers?

• Did you ever do anything bad when you were little like sneak out or anything against your mother's wishes? if so what? what was your punishment?

• If you could be anyone else in the world (either alive today or from history), who would it be?

• when are you coming to Australia?

• i would ask him for his phone #/ or email address, and his personal one being at that

• When do you think you don't feel the same about a song you wrote, after singing it over and over again? Do your songs ever lose their original meaning and emotions for you?

• Mika why didn't you make the video for Happy Ending about homelessness like you said you would in the interview in Hong Kong?

• On behalf of my classmate I would ask him what his mother's maiden name is

• I would ask him if he would ever go on a celebrity tv program, like dancing with the stars

• Mika now that you're hanging out at parties and things with celebs, does it change your view of celebrity and celebrities?

• We know you were in Oliver (and Jack Penate was too.) Can you tell us any of the other performances you did during your teenage years and early twenties. Operas, musicals, solo performances? And did any of your co-stars go on to musical success?

• When will you tour in London?

• What would your dream car be to buy?

• Seeing as you don't drive, how do you get around London, tube,bus,taxi or something else??

• Mika are you ticklish?

• Did you want to be a singer from when you were little or a pop songwriter from when you were little? I keep hearing different things in the interviews

• Do you like it when people make you sing on cue for an interview and/or television show?

• Is there any one particular song written by someone else that you wish you had written?

• I read that you come up with the ideas and initial sketches of your cd artwork and that Yasmine paints them. Do your initial sketches have the colour or are the colour choices your sister's or did you decide together?

• Considering how much you like to be in control, now that you've gotten so much more popular that direct control over every single thing has to be rapidly becoming impractical (if it hasn't already reached that stage yet), how are you finding the idea of relinquishing some of the control to others? Or is that idea anathema to you?

• Do you ever read stuff on the forum and think "Ouch!" or are you as thick skinned as you claim?

• Can I have a tickle fight with you? (ewokwicket)

• I would ask him what his favorite ice-cream flavor was.

• Since you don't read music and presumably can't do musical notation, what do you do when writing a the music for a song? Do you record it so you can listen to it and keep working on it, or do you just have a really good memory for what you've played?

• Do you play your piano everyday?

• What do you do at the weekends when you are at home, do you just chill out and watch tv or go shopping?

• You said before you went on tour with LICM that you expected your view of it to change, and that you wondered what you would think of it in a year or so. You thought it was like having all these presents to show people that you had not yet unwrapped.
    So - what do you think of LICM now?

• Do you like your hair better curly or straight?

• Who inspired you to become famous or a pop singer?

• Do you like being drooled on by thousands of adoring fans?

• Did you like your childhood life?

• Were you depressed as a child and mid teen years?

• Would you ever marry an 18 year old woman?

• Do you like Lebanese food?

• How many times have you had a broken heart?

• Has anyone broken your heart more than once?

• Are you more attracted to british, colored, latin, french, or american women?

• Are you happy where your life is right now and where it is heading?

• What are you scared of?

• If you were dating a girl what color hair do you prefer her to have?

• Would you rather date/marry a female actress/singer or just another fan or person?

• Do you like animals? if so do you like cats?

• Do you drink alcohol occasionally, repeatedly, or hardly ever?

• Do you go on diets?

• Do you think you're fat?

• Are you close to your family?

• Have you ever had a fight with one of your siblings or family members including your mom? (be honest)

• Would you now just like to rub your fame and loving, drooling, obsessive fans in your enemies faces? (the people who bullied you and put you down, who made you have a low self-esteem when you were younger)-(be honest)

• Who do you put first in life? and do you believe in love?

• You've been handed a lot of things in frames, going platinum, double platinum etc etc, where do these all hang? Are they at your flat, in your parents lounge room, at the record company?

• Are you usually the one breaking hearts, or the one getting your heart broken?

• When you travel, do you prefer to stay at the hotel and order room service, or do you like to go out to eat?

• When you were first doing promo before LICM dropped, you mentioned that one of the "coming-of-age" aspects of the record had to do with changing relationships with your siblings. How have those relationships changed in the past year and a half? Do you find youself missing the siblings who don't come on tour with you?

• Have you ever thought about/wondered what your life might have been like if you'd been raised in Lebanon or America instead of France and the UK?

• Have you ever thought about/wondered what your life might have been like if you'd been raised in Lebanon or America instead of France and the UK?

• You said today that your Ivor Novello will go in your flat... Where have all the other awards gone?

• What do you do when you are in a shop and one of your songs is playing? Do you clap your hands over your ears and run screaming from the shop or do you laugh and start singing along at the top of your lungs? Do you mock yourself when you hear yourself on the radio?

• Mika! How can I give you a hug after show?

• Can I be a LG? (from iadoremika)

• Mika, are your hands usually warm or are they usually cold?

• Mika, what cologne do you wear?

• Do those little ear piece things that you wear on stage ever annoy you?

• Did you pass all your subjects at opera school? Did you enjoy what you were learning even though you knew you didn't want to do opera for a living?

• When you are on stage, have you ever had to use the bathroom REALLY badly?

• Are all your siblings musical? Do they all play instruments? Anybody else from the Penniman family likely to follow you into the world of music? Are your parents musical?

• Which celeb have you met who's either made you the most starstruck or you've been the most excited to meet? (even if you didn't show it on the outside)

• Can i have a hug? (from pianogirlsammy)

• Do you still get your boxers custom made??

• What is your favourite animal costume to dress up in?

• Do you have any pets?

------------------------------------------------

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me being BS.

Gotta love those initials.:biggrin2:

So in your blog you didn't wash your hair for ...how long was it...? Did you also not shave for the corresponding period of time, and if so how did the beard look? :naughty:

The List (continued):

-------------------------------------

•  
  • Would you write a song with the lyric..daisy.. in it for me please?

• Can I be a lollipopgirl or Big Girl please? (from daisylou)

• What is your favourite lollipop flavour?

• Do you have new characters for your new album that I could be..so my Mom can make me new dressing up clothes? No.. not Holy Johnny!

• What song always gets you up to the dancefloor?

• Can I stop asking stupid questions and buy you a drink somewhere closeby? (originally from daisylou, but I chickadee second that!)

• What exactly are you going to do with all the footage you shot, during the European tour last year?

• if you could sing with anyone in the world who would it be?

• If you met Simon Cowell again, what would you say to him?

• Do you think that any of your bullies have ever showed up to one of your concerts? Do you think they are fans of your music?

• MIKA, when you are coming to Argentina?!

• How much did the MFC cost?

• Mika, did you find it difficult to switch from singing in an operatic style to singing in a pop style?

• What's your favourite ice-cream flavour?

• Do you like Fish & Chips?

• How many Converse All Star do you own?

• What would you prefer? Being a bird or a fish?

• Do you like cows?

• Mika,what song do you sing when you take a shower?

• What is your wallpaper on your phone(mobile,course)?

• What are your general 3 characteristics?

• What have you dreamed last?

• What do you forget the fastest?

• What is crazy for you?

• What do you hate the most?

• What is your favorite theme for talk?

• Do you love me?

• Do you have a lucky number?

• Do you believe in fairy tales?

• What is your fav cartoon?

• What is the best compliment you've ever received?

• When you meet your fans, do you remember him/her when you meet him/her next time?

• Do you believe that you are a handsome,cute and funny guy?

• Can I have a birthday kiss from you? (originally from ewokwicket)

• Does Mika plays on Neopets, and if so would he be my neofriend? (from coolrose)

• Has he ever for a laugh gone into a pizza place and ordered a diet coke and pizza!

• Mika, is it really true that no one has asked you on a date?

• What do YOU think is it, that got so many people into you?

• How come in the Grace Kelly music video your hands didn't burn when you held those giant lightbulbs?

You've said in interviews that you wrote rubbishy little tunes when you were younger. Did you think they were rubbishy at the time or was it only people's negative reactions to them that made you think they mustn't be very good? At what point/age did you decide that what you were writing was actually ok and cease to listen to the naysayers?

Ummm, when are you coming to Australia? :biggrin2:

sorry, I had to do it!

Don't apologize! I figured one of us would sooner or later, I just never remembered to ask it when I was actually on my thread.

i would ask him for his phone #/ or email address, and his personal one

LOL!

(Tell me what's his response, please!)

I would ask him...

When do you think you don't feel the same about a song you wrote, after singing it over and over again? Do your songs ever lose their original meaning and emotions for you?

LOL!

(Tell me what's his response, please!)

I would ask him...

When do you think you don't feel the same about a song you wrote, after singing it over and over again? Do your songs ever lose their original meaning and emotions for you?

Ooh, yes. I've wondered this. Considering how personal songs can be... There are actually a few people out there that I've wondered this about. I don't understand how James Blunt can sing "Goodbye My Lover" without falling apart. It's taken me a long time to be able to listen to it without bawling!

So in your blog you didn't wash your hair for ...how long was it...? Did you also not shave for the corresponding period of time, and if so how did the beard look? :naughty:

Oh what a question :roftl::naughty:

oo good question. almost sounds like a dis:naughty:

No, not supposed to be a dis, just curious to know what happened so that we got the other clip instead. Particularly cos he's commented on how he thinks this is the best clip they'd done so far, so the concept must have really appealed to him, but maybe there was input from the record company along the lines of "A video about homelessness? You've got to be kidding! No way!" or something like that.

This is an extremely intrusive question, but there is a Lebanese boy in my science class who wants to know what Mika's mom's maiden name is because he thinks that he might know the family...so, I suppose on behave of my classmate I would ask him what his mother's maiden name is...:roftl:

Other than that, I would ask him if he would ever go on a celebrity tv program, like dancing with the stars...I hope he'd say no!!! Those shows make "stars" seem so...I don't know...strange.

Why don't you like us, why don't you like us without making us try? :tears:

No, not really don't add that. Just thought I'd throw that one out there. :naughty:

Oooh, you're singing the mikamites national anthem!!:sneaky2:

We know you were in Oliver (and Jack Penate was too.) Can you tell us any of the other performances you did during your teenage years and early twenties. Operas, musicals, solo performances? And did any of your co-stars go on to musical success?

We know you were in Oliver (and Jack Penate was too.) Can you tell us any of the other performances you did during your teenage years and early twenties. Operas, musicals, solo performances? And did any of your co-stars go on to musical success?

You might have known but I didn't! Gosh, every time I think I might know a bit about Mika it turns out I still know nothing!! Where do you find the time to run a house, hold a job, be a parent and still be a walking Mikapedia?

BTW, have I ever mentioned that I love the questions you come up with? They're usually stuff I've never given a second thought to.

You might have known but I didn't! Gosh, every time I think I might know a bit about Mika it turns out I still know nothing!! Where do you find the time to run a house, hold a job, be a parent and still be a walking Mikapedia?

BTW, have I ever mentioned that I love the questions you come up with? They're usually stuff I've never given a second thought to.

Nah, I am just like you, walking round with my head filled with Mika-ness all day.

I don't have time for any of the above things. I escape from them all on here. And I have a few months on you yet on MFC. You are doing very well at Mikapedia-ing, don't worry!! I didn't remember anything about the HK comment on HE.

When he was on the Jo Whiley show before Christmas and sang Teardrop, she mentioned the Oliver thing, because didn't she have Jack Penate on the week before?

Correct me if I am wrong someone.:naughty:

Nah, I am just like you, walking round with my head filled with Mika-ness all day.

I don't have time for any of the above things. I escape from them all on here. And I have a few months on you yet on MFC. You are doing very well at Mikapedia-ing, don't worry!! I didn't remember anything about the HK comment on HE.

When he was on the Jo Whiley show before Christmas and sang Teardrop, she mentioned the Oliver thing, because didn't she have Jack Penate on the week before?

I don't even know who Jack Penate is! I'll have to listen to that interview again.

Oh and I have a confession to make... I only heard the HK interview for the first time a few weeks ago cos Caz posted it for someone on one of the other threads and as usual, it was something else I hadn't heard but that comment about HE struck me and made me think and then I was listening to the interview again today and went "Oh, yeah, i was gonna ask about that!"

You're exactly right! Good memory. Someone's clearly listened to that interview a time or two. :wink2:

I don't even know who Jack Penate is! I'll have to listen to that interview again.

Jack Penate:

You're exactly right! Good memory. Someone's clearly listened to that interview a time or two. :wink2:

Jack Penate:

That was fantastic! I love his voice, love the sound, very British 80's. It reminded me of someone, but I couldn't work out who. I ran through everyone from the 80's that I loved and I think it probably fits best with The Housemartins. Gee that takes me back... It was either them or The Smiths, but that wasn't quite angsty enough to be Morrisey.