Ivor Novello Awards (Mika nominated!)

Pam Travers

Update: He will be there.

And I know because...he told me (and Pengu) personally, when we chatted to him tonight at the Yelle gig:naughty:.

I'm not kidding you! We had a nice little chat...He's so lovely. So yes, he'll be there, as these are quite important awards. His eyes opened wide when I asked, and went "of cooooooourse!!"

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: He will be there.

And I know because...he told me (and Pengu) personally, when we chatted to him tonight at the Yelle gig:naughty:.

I'm not kidding you! We had a nice little chat...He's so lovely. So yes, he'll be there, as these are quite important awards. His eyes opened wide when I asked, and went "of cooooooourse!!"

Are you serious? :lmfao:

Are you serious? :lmfao:

Yes, totally.

He was saying how for a songwriter it was the No.1 award you have and that he would definitely be there.

Yes, totally.

He was saying how for a songwriter it was the No.1 award you have and that he would definitely be there.

Well that's quite....awesome. haha

Did you see him first or did he see you guys first? And was this before, after, or during the concert?

Yes, totally.

Haha!! I was wondering how long it would take for you to post:roftl:. How far are you? Or home already??:shocked:

What a great night we had ,aye?

Well that's quite....awesome. haha

Did you see him first or did he see you guys first? And was this before, after, or during the concert?

It is! It was great. We saw him first I imagine...I can't imagine him actually recognising us in a room full of people where he's not even expecting fans:naughty:.

It is! It was great. We saw him first I imagine...I can't imagine him actually recognising us in a room full of people where he's not even expecting fans:naughty:.

Well I would be freaking out right now if I were you :naughty:

Did he run away afterwards? :naughty:

Well I would be freaking out right now if I were you :naughty:

Did he run away afterwards? :naughty:

No! :blush-anim-cl:We made it very clear that he had nothing to fear from us, that we were "normal" and not fanatical, and we had a normal chat. He said that it was very nice to see us, that we looked very well and that he'd see us in Amsterdam (or Paris:naughty:).

I don't think that there was a need for him to run away at all:wink2::thumb_yello:.

No! :blush-anim-cl:We made it very clear that he had nothing to fear from us, that we were "normal" and not fanatical, and we had a normal chat. He said that it was very nice to see us, that we looked very well and that he'd see us in Amsterdam (or Paris:naughty:).

I don't think that there was a need for him to run away at all:wink2::thumb_yello:.

So he did run away? :naughty:

That's so cool though. I bet you guys were surprised! Did he say anything else? What was he wearing? DETAILS!

hehe sorry, I'm psychotic

Haha!! I was wondering how long it would take for you to post:roftl:. How far are you? Or home already??:shocked:

What a great night we had ,aye?

I'm at Reading services having breakfast, this phone does NOT like it here, takes way too long to upload.

Yes, it was a fantastic night, despite the odd support act, still scratching my head over that.

Good to see he big guy on good form, and ready for tomorrow, told him we'd keep our fingers crossed for him, and he sends his best to everyone here.

So he did run away? :naughty:

That's so cool though. I bet you guys were surprised! Did he say anything else? What was he wearing? DETAILS!

hehe sorry, I'm psychotic

No; In fact we (very cool, yeah) left before them. So there! We did the running away:roftl:.

He was wearing some light blue pants I think, I can't remember the detail. I remember a grey t-shirt (I have seen it before, quite fitted) and that key thing hanging off his neck I think....and some hoody thingie on top first which he then took off (it was very hot).

Sorry I can't be more specific but I wasn't paying attention to that sort of thing.

And he had some sort of product like gel or mousse on his hair, which was kinda curled onto his forehead. It looked very nice. He looked very nice and relaxed.

No; In fact we (very cool, yeah) left before them. So there! We did the running away:roftl:.

He was wearing some light blue pants I think, I can't remember the detail. I remember a grey t-shirt (I have seen it before, quite fitted) and that key thing hanging off his neck I think....and some hoody thingie on top first which he then took off (it was very hot).

Sorry I can't be more specific but I wasn't paying attention to that sort of thing.

And he had some sort of product like gel or mousse on his hair, which was kinda curled onto his forehead. It looked very nice. He looked very nice and relaxed.

:das::mf_lustslow::drool:

ok, I'll stop being a fan girl. :naughty:

Please tell me you got a stalker photo of him

I'm at Reading services having breakfast, this phone does NOT like it here, takes way too long to upload.

Yes, it was a fantastic night, despite the odd support act, still scratching my head over that.

Good to see he big guy on good form, and ready for tomorrow, told him we'd keep our fingers crossed for him, and he sends his best to everyone here.

breakfast?:naughty: Ok, whatever....Penguins are strange:roftl:.

It's so funny when he speaks about MFC, that instead of saying it "MFC" with the initials like we do, he says it the long way "the mika fanclub" . I find it hilarious.

Take care Rose and have a good rest of journey, make sure you drive safely. I will go to bed soon or I won't be able to get up tomorrow.

That support act was so SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD I can't even believe that they were there. I may look them up in fact.

ok, I'll stop being a fan girl. :naughty:

Please tell me you got a stalker photo of him

No picture. My camera was in my bag and ready to go as I had it for the gig (I didn't use it in the end, as I started recording and there were way too many people so it was quite ****ty and I stopped) but I wanted to make the point not to bother him that way.

Some people came over as they recognised him and took some pics with him though.

It's so funny when he speaks about MFC, that instead of saying it "MFC" with the initials like we do, he says it the long way "the mika fanclub" . I find it hilarious.

I know, it's so strange! :lol3:

Oh Mika :wub2:

Wasn't Andy wearing a grey t shirt and Mika a blue one, pretty sure he was.

He was definitely quite chatty, asked me how work was going, he was really very sweet.I asked him how the hair was, but I don't think he grasped what I meant, and said he's growing it again.

He was definitely quite chatty, asked me how work was going, he was really very sweet.I asked him how the hair was, but I don't think he grasped what I meant, and said he's growing it again.

Hmmm...really? :boxed: His pants were blue, light blue, but I thought the Tshirt was dark grey and Andy's light grey. In any case I could be totally wrong, as I'm bad with those things.

He was very sweet, very nice, and he seemed genuinely happy to chat to us. I mean, he could have made an excuse and walked away, ahah!

I told him that I had started a rumour here about him going bald but he didn't have a reaction to that- I think that it was too noisy and may not have heard it?!

Anyway the support act is "Gay Against You". They were baaaaaaaaad.

And I just realised that we've been posting on the wrong blooming thread., haha!

thank you baby Jesus! :bow::bow:

there is the penguin!!! had a great night did you?

that's the cherry on top isn't it? :naughty:

there is the penguin!!! had a great night did you?

that's the cherry on top isn't it? :naughty:

on top of......the year???

No kidding though, he said that he had tons in store for MFC and for his online stuff, and we could expect a massive change to his site in the next couple of months:thumb_yello:.

We shall hold him accountable now:roftl:, he has no idea how he's set the standard now.

I am!! :original: It's only one bus journey away from my school.. and noone wants to be at staying at school when mika might be attending these awards right? :fisch: Anyway, it's about time someone sees him, to report back, even if we get one crappy pic, or no pic at all...

:naughty::naughty:

thank you baby Jesus! :bow::bow:

You are SO funny!!

Oh my goodness...so nice to hear about him first hand! Thanks so much for posting about meeting him!

Whoo Hoo!!!!!:wub2:

Yes, totally.

Aww, I hope he wins! :wub2: Something tells me that a prestigious songwriting award would get a better spot on his mantle than a "Sexy Pop Man" award. :roftl:

Thanks for sharing, gals! :flowers2:

No kidding though, he said that he had tons in store for MFC and for his online stuff, and we could expect a massive change to his site in the next couple of months:thumb_yello:.

*plugs ears* Nah, nah, I can't hear you! Massive changes, "tons in store" for MFC, blah, blah, blah. Suuuure Mika. I'll believe it when I see it. :mf_rosetinted:

on top of......the year???

We shall hold him accountable now:roftl:, he has no idea how he's set the standard now.

YOU TWO!! What a good hunch you had Sara!! A very nice way to end your night I am sure.:wub2:

And I can completely understand Mana going "We can't heeeeearrrrr you" with her fingers in her ears....he should be a little less flippant about saying this sort of thing....there are too many of us on MFC who want to hold him to his word....or just hold him....:naughty: