Mika: Watch out for the phenomenon

Niki27

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has been posted already.

It might be the same article as the one in the printed version of the magasine.

But just in case...

http://madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/en-kiosque/822-mika-attention-phenomene/1

Anyone ready to help me with the translation? There are 3 pages in all... ;)

XxxxX

Thank you Sophie!

Very nice article! :thumb_yello:

But I'm sorry, I don't have time to translate the article...to long...

"In less than a year, he has the world at his feet. Today, its pop bubble fluorescent far ahead of the rankings. For us, he plays engravings fashion ... And that, too, he does!

Published on 13.10.2007, by Laurent Mereu-Boulch

An angel passes ... At first glance, the new Saturday night fever seems completely harmless and has no reason to give you sweat. With his eyes dog beaten, his bouclettes to Dominique Rocheteau, another angel too, hugging her jeans, her voice soft and his super polished (cé?) , Mika, tall and handsome boy filiform looks more like an engraving Fashion at Paul Smith, of which he was a dummy ephemeral, at the last dance machine of the moment.

Throughout the summer, however, Mika has pushed the mercury to the maximum in boxes fashionable Saint-Tropez and Ibiza, flared evenings on campsites the Atlantic Coast and served as slim and lavish arrangements of millions of nightclubbers that removed toxins on tubesques Relax, Take it Easy and Grace Kelly.

"I always wanted to be successful. When I started singing, six years ago, it was said that I was weird, that what I was doing was ridiculous. But I have not dropped the case. This is what I am most proud of today have sold as many albums with the music that I was dreaming. Like what, you should always fight in life. The feeling of revenge is not for me, because it would give too much credit to people that I hate, "he says in a near-perfect french he sprinkles occasionally English words.

Mika, 24, of nationality américano-libanaise, London resident since the age of 10. Inevitably, by dint of making the promotional tour of meals on TV, her story started, but we let him tell us again because it contains all the ingredients that make his career one of the most exciting and incredible success stories of recent months.

A birth So, in 1983, in Beirut, Lebanon in chaos. His evacuation under the Israeli bombs by the American army. The arrival in Paris. His father taken hostage and transferred to the American embassy in Kuwait. The departure to London, dyslexia and "buddies who dealt with tapette." His singing lessons with the "snobbish" as he says, that does juraient by classical music or pop super underground. Its hundreds of models sent to the homes of drives to end up in the waste. Then the signing, finally, with Universal after a casting past in the lobby of a hotel."

The relocation and the difficult times that I experienced during the early years of my life, particularly in London me to m'isoler. Then I refused to learn to read or write, and even speak. I was dismissed from school for more than six months. It was at that moment that the music has become really important. It helped me re-entering the world around me. I knew at 7 years than I travaillerais never in an office like my father. I wanted a career in Art. Yet, in 19 years, I had managed to enter the contest at the London School of Economics and Political Science. I went there one day. I was watching the clock. I was white, I kept telling me go, it is necessary that you kinds. Then I got up and I took my business. People looked at me, thinking that I was going to vomit. I did never returned. I joined later by the Royal College of Music. "

Hurricane Mika has been going on for eight months: a wind of the hype mercilessly swept everything in its path. With more than three million Cartoon Life in Motion sold worldwide, including 850,000 in France, the action continues Mika today haste on the accounting of his own record, which finally found a smile in an area where reign past five years, a gloomy and deleterious. Philippe Laugier, project manager at Barclay: "To be honest, we were so unprepared for such a success that it was necessary to review our marketing strategy. In view of the serious crisis in the record industry is undergoing, these sales are truly exceptional, even unexpected. "

This is confirmed by Olivier Nuc journalist Figaro Magazine: "At a time when everyone is despair in the recording industry, where we break contracts on a massive scale, this is a guy who cartonne. Rather, it is reassuring and it proves that the market for CD is not dead. "

"After England, continues Philippe Laugier, France is the second country in the world where Mika has sold the most records. The public was very touched that he grew up in Paris, he speaks french perfectly and he knows our culture. I also believe that his resumption of Champs in the issuance Taratata has played in its favor. The reasons for its success are coming here because it is transgénérationnel. It does not have a specific target. It truly touches the 7-77 years. Many buyers disk Mika do not yet have the culture of downloading. But beyond his personality and his history, we must recognize that its success is primarily due to the intrinsic quality of his songs

Considering airplane, it's true, the success of Mika is not your robbery of the year. By concentrating in three minutes chrono mind prewar cabaret, sweet melodies of the sixties, extravagance and sequins 70s, hedonism and box rhythms 80s, Mika was able to put everyone in his pocket, because almost unique in the recent history of music, like Amy Winehouse.

From the press to the most popular newspapers, the International branchitude fans Michel Berger, young to the elderly, gays to straight, it was full of praise on the young man whose talent is undeniable. "This situation is the kind of artist unifying analysis on its side Hugo Cassavetti, Télérama. It's funny, fresh and dancing. He composes his own songs, he plays several instruments, it is really going for a while. He falls at the leading edge of consensus. For me, this is the Anglo-Saxon version of Christophe Willem less manufactured. In short, Mika is truly in the air. "

If the past few months has seriously taken up pop colors, showed the balls faceted, rehabilitated shovel passes pie and Brushing in the George Michael with Mika, it is probably also to a whole generation of artists who extravagant and extroverted like him feel inheritors of a tradition of music hall. "In concert," says Hugo Cassavetti, Mika gesticule like a madman, there are multicolored balloons that fall into the crowd, sometimes disguised as a giant lion surrounded by his musicians. It's really the singer Récré A2. "

Because unlike Freddie Mercury, Scissor Sisters, Elton John or even Rufus Wainwright, yet it is frequently compared, Mika is not the kind of sexual ambiguity to cultivate and statements blinking. Hugo Cassavetti: "It n'incarne not a threat to the mother, he seduced girls, gays, big sisters, the reader of Inrockuptibles like TV 7 days. It's pretty much like that seen because it ratisse really wide. For me, it does perhaps not enough risks and I think still on the reserve. I expect to see really his second album. "

Perhaps because, by dint of telling his story loop, Mika feared entering the downward spiral of "pipolisation" who has sent more than one on the train: "I am very careful not to m'étaler on my privacy. I know that you, journalists, you always wait for it gives you more crispness. I do not want to go into this game I do not want to be a star in the manner of a Paris Hilton or a Britney Spears, who are already flinguées to 30 years. "Mika certainly, but not a Mickey either!

here ya go!

(i had someone else translate it for me, i don't know french very well!! :bleh:

• 7 months later...

This was kind of interesting... except that I didn't understand a lot of it. The translation was almost as cryptic sometimes as Lena's Russian translator can be. I think I need to go back and read it again....

Sorry if this has been posted already.

It might be the same article as the one in the printed version of the magasine.

But just in case...

http://madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/en-kiosque/822-mika-attention-phenomene/1

Anyone ready to help me with the translation? There are 3 pages in all... ;)

XxxxX

i think i've read that before but it was nice reading it again:thumb_yello: