Mika is flamboyant

Droopsy

(hey I can't help the title :roftl:)

-------------------

There's an audio interview here:

http://www.spoton.de/music-movies/interviews/mika-is-flamboyant

It's very bad quality tho, so I guess that's why they wrote it out :teehee: Nothing new, but hey, this time we actually hear him say stuff

---------------------------------------

Mika is flamboyant

Titel_Spoton_02-10_mB.jpg02_Content.jpg02_Mika.jpg

The world's most colourful pop star is back with a new hit album and will be on tour here in March. Mika was born in Lebanon, but grew up in Paris and London. After years of classical voice training, he exploded onto the charts three years ago with his first album Life in Cartoon Motion, which sold more than five million copies. His new album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, is even more flamboyant and full of the great songs and vocal brilliance Mika is famous for. Spot on talked to Mika about the cities he has lived in and what celebrities are really like.

What was it like to grow up in Beirut, Paris and London?

Beirut I don't really remember. Beirut was like a shadow that flavoured the food in my house. And decided what my house would look like and smell like and what my skin and my hair would look like.

Paris was the place of my childhood and it's associated with a lot of very happy memories. We had a very good life there and my father had a very good job. Unfortunately, we left Paris under very sour and unfortunate circumstances. We lost everything - our apartment, our television, our paintings, everything to a mixture of pass people, rent people, everything. So I went from having a very chic comfortable life where I took things for granted as a little boy, to having it all disappear.

Then we moved to London and lived in a bed and breakfast and started all over again. And then London was where things were hard. Really hard. But the thing is we conquered it and things got really good again.

And when I look at my whole life after that and the life I've been able to create for myself, hating my adolescence, I guess it leaves me the product of multiple places. It leaves me not really belonging anywhere.

What do you like and dislike about London?

It has everything you need in one big city without any intimidation. The thing about London is that it has everything a city like New York has, but it's softer and it's more eclectic, simply because it's not as far away from everything. You're only an hour away from so many countries by plane. It's such a mix of different influences. London is a very good place for storytellers because you can make of it what you want.

I hate the tabloid culture, it makes me so sick. I hate the fact that you go to a nightclub and then you're chased by photographers who insult you just to get a reaction.

What do you think about the world of celebrity?

It can be very mean and it can be lots of fun. There are monsters in it and there are really nice people. Unfortunately more monsters than nice people. It's normally the ones that pretend to be nice that are the nastiest in real life.

So what about your friendship with Lady Gaga?

She doesn't pretend to be nice and she's actually one of the nicest people I've ever met in real life. She's a really good person. But as her persona, she doesn't come across as really nice. I think that's really clever. She's extremely intelligent and she is her own creation. And she works harder than any other woman in pop music - that's for sure. And when you speak to her, she's just very communicative, very intelligent and totally normal. She just looks fabulous.

Do you have a special message for our readers?

Thank you for supporting me. If you look at what has happened in mainstream music over the last few years, the one thing that you realise is that this army of people who used to be considered as freaks have suddenly become beautiful freaks who are allowed to be the way that they are. What I regretted so much when I was younger was that I was always waiting for later. And that's why I did music. To give me an excuse to be who I wanted to be in my life. But now, I think there's no reason to have such excuses. If you want to dress up like Grace Jones or David Bowie or Lagerfeld, then just go for it. Do whatever you feel like. If you want to look like a librarian, then do it. Live without any excuses whatsoever.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, he is, so what's new?

These journalists who kinda get great interviews, whose questions are indeed smart and unusual, and they even get lucky Mika is in a talking mood, but then ruin it all with a ****ty moron title like that annoy me...

They forgot the camp bit, maybe that's tooooooo 2007 for them...:naughty:...

(hey I can't help the title :roftl:)

-------------------

There's an audio interview here:

http://www.spoton.de/music-movies/interviews/mika-is-flamboyant

It's very bad quality tho, so I guess that's why they wrote it out :teehee: Nothing new, but hey, this time we actually hear him say stuff

---------------------------------------

:thumb_yello:... t4p!

d/l

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tpwn0y

t4p Droopsy :flowers2:

Thank you Droopsy!:thumb_yello:

The person asking the questions - that is the strangest voice I have heard for awhile. It seems out of context with the interview.

It is bizarre!:shocked::shocked:

I love listening to Mika talk.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

It's for German kids to understand him better :teehee:

Archived