Merriam Theater Philadelphia PA, Pennsylvania

11 Nov 2007 20:00

Symphony Hall Boston MA, Massachusetts

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i give up ! i texted laurence no reply yet , im really tired now so i`ll have to wait until tomorrow . maybe the "extra" is something extra special ..... like theyve been invited to the after party now that would be cool :thumb_yello:

:yay: I'm so glad! I LOVE Missionary Man! Great news! Thanks Em! Thanks avoca! :biggrin2:

Me too! Thanks again for letting us know so quickly! :thumb_yello:

You know, I was thinking earlier how in less than 24 hours, Mika sang a

new song, someone recorded it and put it online, and now thousands of

fans already know it by heart... What an amazing time we live in!

*sings "it's a small world after all"...*

Sorry, it's the Disney girl in me :naughty:

dcdeb

I'd been thinking the very same thing earlier.........it's his first show after the break........and the first time he's performed it.....so it's probably nerveracking and being sung to test the water.....and yet it's already an old classic for fans all over the world.....within a day!!

Very odd!

You can tell by the smile on his face that he was thrilled with the reaction he was getting during the performance..........I keep wondering what's going through his head when he hears the screams etc.....it's all happened so fast and he's becoming a big, sexy star right before our eyes! When I compare the boy I saw live in February to the man I see today....it's so hard to believe. The topless Love today, the bin drumming, the hip thrusting...and wiggling (I noticed the gestures during "girl in blue with the big bust on" etc.....mmmmm, very "grown up" I must say!!) He's definitely filling Robbie's shoes now in terms of what he has to offer as a performer. There's no-one around to touch him.

What does a bullied and outcast lebonese boy dream of when he goes to sleep after getting the feedback he's getting from these shows?? I hope he can hardly keep from grinning and punching the air! He so deserves everything he's getting...and more.......he is amazing! :wub2:

Wow.....that went on a bit, sorry.........just feeling the buzz from it all. :blush-anim-cl:

Vix x

Hi everyone!

Finally back! Left all the others who went for a drink because I got to get up early for Nantes. But I did not want to leave you in the dark :biggrin2: so I'll give major points:

I arrived around 2:30pm and met Cath85, Johnny06, Mariposa and Laurence and Yop, Biche etc... Some of us went to wait on the side and finally saw the bus arrive with Cherisse, Martin and Luke (who both played ball a little while) - they was a big metallic fence separating us.

So we got back to the queue and we were waiting waiting waiting. Suddenly Biche and the others come back so excited: Mika had arrived (some of us were "sh*t we missed him)! He went to them said hi and sorry that he could not stay long (the security was rushing him in).

My friend arrive, later Arcenciel and finally Fadette.

More waiting... Gates open and then everyone ran (except my friend and I, we were going to the seating area and obviously people were not running for the seats :naughty: ).

Yelle: I don't really like what she does but after 3-4 songs I admit that you get into the rhythm! She was very well received by the audience!

For those who asked, Dolly Parton is still on!

Then Mika's turn! Awesome lights effects with the new intro of Relax!

Stage has changed, there's a decor now, everythig is more sophisticated really!

So here are the main points (sorry if you already know some, I don't know what's been posted in the reports this morning):

Big girls here, but no lollipop girls

Mika said that 6 months ago he was playing 600 people in the Trabendo, and now 6000 at the Zénith, and thanked us for that!

No shirt off (sorry guys...)

Skeleton confirmed (I don't get what's the message behind but well... Frankly I'm not thrilled by this one, I just don't get the point)

Mika played drums on LT with Cherisse in front of him. LT was FREAKING AWESOME you should have seen the audience people went crazy!!!

He threw his drumsticks in the public, and his pink umbrella too.

There are now cords (I think violins and cello) on Any Other World and I think it was Happy Ending... It really adds something it's great!

On Lollipop there's now a castle curtain, they hide in animals behing and they do some... very explicit gesture :shocked::naughty: ! I could not believe it, I thought: oh my God but there are kids in here :naughty: .

So after the concert I met the other MFCr's again and we waited for Mika.... After quite a while (I think it was around half past midnight or 1am), he came out and came to us! He asked us if in France we knew Missionnary man and I shouted from the end of the crowd that it was not famous in France, people did not know it, someone else added something else I don't know what, and then he said something like: OK so it's like it's a new song from me here !" :naughty: .

He also told us that the show tonight was very good but that yesterday they screwed up some stuff but they covered it up that's why nobody noticed :naughty: ...

Then he said: you are too many how am I gonna sign for everyone? But because we were so nice and well behaved ha ha ha he agreed to do so, but just signing, he would not be able to write a little something special to everyone - true we were a bunch so we could not ask him that! The security guy asked us to queue in one line and can you believe it us French we kind of obeyed ha ha ha! It was not a real line, but there was no pushing, everyone behaved! He signed Coco and the beautiful letters that Laurence had designed. When my turn came I had my Japanese edition LICM booklet signed, and passed him the message from Avoca, who gathered everything for his birthday gift, would be in Bologna (mission accomplished Avoca!), and he said "tell her hi"!. There's a question I wanted to ask him (where did he live in Paris) but I did not want to bother him so it will be my quest for tomorrow evening ha ha ha...

And Yop was there! Before the show she decided not to go with us to wait at the artist exit but finally... She did ! Yop sorry we had no chance to say goodbye to each other!

I must have forgotten other things but that's all I remember now (actually I read all the thread before and when there was a question from you I wrote it down to make sure I would not forget to answer it ha ha ha... I had to make a list of what to tell you otherwise in the excitment of writing everything I would have forgotten half of it!

GREAT TIME and looking forward to tomorrow!!! Getting back to normal life after will be EXTREMELY HARD!!!

Love guys to you all!

But is it beautiful what you write and so true. Now I'm wondering the same things...

I was listening to the new song as i was reading and it all fit so well. You are so right he deserves everything he's getting. I'm so happy for Mika. Go Mika!!! :punk:

Thanx.........you know when you read back what you've written and realise it went on longer than you'd planned!! :blush-anim-cl:

I could go on about him all night........I need restraining!! :blink:

Vix x

On Lollipop there's now a castle curtain' date=' they hide in animals behing and they do some... very explicit gesture :shocked::naughty: ! I could not believe it, I thought: oh my God but there are kids in here :naughty: [/quote']

what did they do?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

what did they do?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well I don't know if I should say it, guys you need to have some surprises for when it's your turn for the show!

Oh OK: s*x gestures, naughty them... :naughty:

Hi everyone!

My friend arrive' date=' later Arcenciel and finally Fadette.

More waiting... Gates open and then everyone ran (except my friend and I, we were going to the seating area and obviously people were not running for the seats :naughty: ).

Yelle: I don't really like what she does but after 3-4 songs I admit that you get into the rhythm! She was very well received by the audience!

For those who asked, Dolly Parton is still on!

Then Mika's turn! Awesome lights effects with the new intro of Relax!

Stage has changed, there's a decor now, everythig is more sophisticated really!

So here are the main points (sorry if you already know some, I don't know what's been posted in the reports this morning):

Big girls here, but no lollipop girls

Mika said that 6 months ago he was playing 600 people in the Trabendo, and now 6000 at the Zénith, and thanked us for that!

No shirt off (sorry guys...)

Skeleton confirmed (I don't get what's the message behind but well... Frankly I'm not thrilled by this one, I just don't get the point)

Mika played drums on LT with Cherisse in front of him. LT was FREAKING AWESOME you should have seen the audience people went crazy!!!

He threw his drumsticks in the public, and his pink umbrella too.

There are now cords (I think violins and cello) on Any Other World and I think it was Happy Ending... It really adds something it's great!

On Lollipop there's now a castle curtain, they hide in animals behing and they do some... very explicit gesture :shocked::naughty: ! I could not believe it, I thought: oh my God but there are kids in here :naughty: .

So after the concert I met the other MFCr's again and we waited for Mika.... After quite a while (I think it was around half past midnight or 1am), he came out and came to us! He asked us if in France we knew Missionnary man and I shouted from the end of the crowd that it was not famous in France, people did not know it, someone else added something else I don't know what, and then he said something like: OK so it's like it's a new song from me here !" :naughty: .

He also told us that the show tonight was very good but that yesterday they screwed up some stuff but they covered it up that's why nobody noticed ...

Then he said: you are too many how am I gonna sign for everyone? But because we were so nice and well behaved ha ha ha he agreed to do so, but just signing, he would not be able to write a little something special to everyone - true we were a bunch so we could not ask him that! The security guy asked us to queue in one line and can you believe it us French we kind of obeyed ha ha ha! It was not a real line, but there was no pushing, everyone behaved! He signed Coco and the beautiful letters that Laurence had designed. When my turn came I had my Japanese edition LICM booklet signed, and passed him the message from Avoca, who gathered everything for his birthday gift, would be in Bologna (mission accomplished Avoca!), and he said "tell her hi"!. There's a question I wanted to ask him (where did he live in Paris) but I did not want to bother him so it will be my quest for tomorrow evening ha ha ha...

And Yop was there! Before the show she decided not to go with us to wait at the artist exit but finally... She did ! Yop sorry we had no chance to say goodbye to each other!

I must have forgotten other things but that's all I remember now (actually I read all the thread before and when there was a question from you I wrote it down to make sure I would not forget to answer it ha ha ha... I had to make a list of what to tell you otherwise in the excitment of writing everything I would have forgotten half of it!

GREAT TIME and looking forward to tomorrow!!! Getting back to normal life after will be EXTREMELY HARD!!!

Love guys to you all![/quote']

yay!:thumb_yello: happy for u guys :)

Oh this is fantastic! There are some benefits to going to larger shows and this is my favourite one. Seeing him on a small stage was fantastic' date=' but listening to a larger production is so much better.

Thanks for your report. It's much appreciated!

...it's all happened so fast and he's becoming a big, sexy star right before our eyes! When I compare the boy I saw live in February to the man I see today....it's so hard to believe. The topless Love today, the bin drumming, the hip thrusting...and wiggling (I noticed the gestures during "girl in blue with the big bust on" etc.....mmmmm, very "grown up" I must say!!) He's definitely filling Robbie's shoes now in terms of what he has to offer as a performer. There's no-one around to touch him.

What does a bullied and outcast lebonese boy dream of when he goes to sleep after getting the feedback he's getting from these shows?? I hope he can hardly keep from grinning and punching the air! He so deserves everything he's getting...and more.......he is amazing! :wub2:

I share your sentiments and we've talked about this a few times over the past several months. Jack had an entire thread about the evolving sexuality of his performances.

And he does deserve everything he's getting. Fans have been frustrated with the growing pains and I know some are disappointed to watch the old Mika fade into the past, but he's achieved a lot in the past year and I for one take pleasure in watching him develop.

I never thought LiCM or Mika's early performances were perfect. I've liked him as much for his potential as for what he was when I discovered him last year. And he's growing into his potential so much faster than I ever imagined. It's incredible.

I was one of those people who saw him in a Trabendo-sized venue just 7 months ago and I'll be thrilled to be among the audience in a venue 10 times that size in a few weeks.

I've liked him as much for his potential as for what he was when I discovered him last year. And he's growing into his potential so much faster than I ever imagined. It's incredible.

I was one of those people who saw him in a Trabendo-sized venue just 7 months ago and I'll be thrilled to be among the audience in a venue 10 times that size in a few weeks.

Cannot agree more.

--Jack

Love guys to you all!

Thanks SO much, Em, for taking the time to write such a great report! :thumb_yello:

It certainly sounds wonderful and only makes me even more excited

about Glasgow... just a little over a month away!!!

:woot_jump:

dcdeb

...but he's achieved a lot in the past year and I for one take pleasure in watching him develop.

Cannot agree more.

--Jack

Yeah...I like telling everyone now:

"I knew it - I told you so..." :wink2:

Oh wait guys and I forgot to tell you!!!!.....

He said

THERE'S PLENTY OF US ON THE DVD!!!!!!:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl: :mf_rosetinted:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!! :woot_jump:

Can't wait to see all of you guys in it !

OK guys it's 3.30am here' date=' off to bed (although not feeling sleepy at all, far too much into the whole thing to get to bed, but I gotta wake up at 7am so...)[/quote']

Go to bed and dream sweet Mika dreams ! Thk you so much for taking the time to write us a report ! :thumb_yello:

oh good lord! mika must be feeling on top of the world, well, on top of london....(haha sry this is so funny cause, theres this dude a grade younger then me named london and i just imagined mika ontop of london!:shocked: aaah, i crack myself up)

let me fix that, hes on top of london, paris, tokyo, hong kong, and basicly all of Europe, but NOT IN BEAVER PENNSYLVANIA! its so deppresing. oh mika...if only america wasnt so danm bitchy about music.

Hi Lollie! Well, if he's reached you in *Beaver* PA there's hope for the

rest of the country! (I'm originally from Pittsburgh -- South Fayette/South

Hills area!) We just have to be patient and keep spreading the word! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb