I am horrified...

CazGirl

ofcourse he has... but its allways nice to get a gift... tho he gets gifts at all shows he goes to...i have NO idea where he put them all!

Haha yeah, I was talking to my mom about that and she said he must have an entire room at home devoted to all his presents. :roftl:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ofcourse he has... but its allways nice to get a gift... tho he gets gifts at all shows he goes to...i have NO idea where he put them all!

Storage? Maybe.

Eventually, he'll run out of room. But for now, I'll imagine he puts our gifts in their own special place. (In his heart anyway :wub2: )

I really need an explanation of this button thing!

If it's about the apple buttons, may I remind you that I never got any. Ahem. Not cool enough for you European crew, obviously.

--Jack

Oh no! Do you want an apple necklace? PM me with your address. ( I got 10 for £10 and they are tacky! :mf_rosetinted: ):naughty:

No, these buttons are the ones that go on clothes like shirts etc. Don't forget we call the apple ones badges over here not buttons!

Does anyone have any pics of Mika's dad? I mean, not awful paparazzi-jumping-out-of-a-bush pics, but maybe he was at a signing or something?

Just curious to see the man who gave Mika those good genes...:blush-anim-cl:

Well I didn't take any pictures, I didn't take any at all! Well, I lie, I forgot all about it and I was scrolling through my phone yesterday and found 2 pics of Shepherds Bush that I don't remember taking. They are crap! I must post them here. :naughty:

hey guys... maybe we can collect some money from everyone and make a big basket of goodies for relaxation?

i would give it to him on his next show in LA...lol

it would be funny :) and cute i think!

like bath stuff....and that thing u put on your eyes to go to sleep...

and a relaxation CD?

and more? :)

well i suggested we send him a spa place in london when he ACTUALLY gets a few short days off lol ^_^

Well if it is, I don't expect he has looked at it much recently, not being home and all that. :mf_rosetinted:

true.... so i guess the book didnt see much coffee recently ha? :bleh:

I know he has friends and family with him, but I think if we fans kinda "join up" and start saying we're concerned for his health, that he should rest (and i assume his family and friends are too) then maybe the sudden rise in people saying EXACTLY the same thing will trigger something.

Problem is, you can see problems with other people when you look at it as an outsider, but if you ARE that person, you see nothing wrong with you at all.

Ok ok, the "it has to be like this" is not a direct quote! I'm sorry, I don't remember what everyone said exactly... I think Deb or Linda or Tootch might recall what Mika said better than I, and as for Mikey, he explained that he's been doing tours for a long time and it's always this intense, and that they do schedule days off sometimes. (Though personally, I think it may be this intense but never for so long!)

--Jack

cool idea :D he definitely needs it!!

well if we DID do it, here's what we need to consider:

-When he is next in London with a couple days off

-the cloest spa to where he lives (he lives in Kensignton, right?)

-to find out what offers the spa has, how much it is, and how much we can afford (obviously there will be donations)

-who is going to tell him

anything else?

well if we DID do it, here's what we need to consider:

-When he is next in London with a couple days off

-the cloest spa to where he lives (he lives in Kensignton, right?)

-to find out what offers the spa has, how much it is, and how much we can afford (obviously there will be donations)

-who is going to tell him

anything else?

he needs a place where he wont be surrounded by fans!

he needs a place where he wont be surrounded by fans!

lol!

well mika can still walk around without being chased by a mob of fans...so i dont think that will cause TOO much of a problem...

feel free to chip in anyone!

is there anyone who thinks this ISN'T a good idea?

We can learn his day offs from his gig schedule(?) on his myspace. But the thing is, what if he already planned something with his friends or family on his day offs? How are we going to know about that?

We can learn his day offs from his gig schedule(?) on his myspace. But the thing is, what if he already planned something with his friends or family on his day offs? How are we going to know about that?

Aren't there gift cards available for spas that wouldn't require you to specify a certain date? Then Mika could choose when he wanted to do it.

I think "that's the way it was chosen to be"... Even if i don't know who chose that way.

I'm pretty sure, Mika himself was not completely uninvolved in that decision. He is demanding a great deal of himself and like all of you I really, really wish he could see that he is not in need of that. :blink:

There's hardly a single report not saying anything like 'Oh, he was brilliant on stage, awesomely awesome, but as he came out afterwards he looked so tired/ill/knackered....didn't feel 100%, was told to make it short because he felt sick....' :sneaky2:

Mika, you can't do this for the next 35 years. Not this way. Slow down, we can cope with that and your carreer won't suffer if you just give a little less. Just be there, that must be enough sometimes. We want you alive and kicking, but not 24/7. :blink:

Aren't there gift cards available for spas that wouldn't require you to specify a certain date? Then Mika could choose when he wanted to do it.

Then everything is fine about the idea!

yeah i like the idea, but then we wouldnt be sure if he'd actually GO to it lol, you know? at least if we booked it and paid for it he has no choice xDDD

is it a risk worth taking?

I'm not really thrilled with the idea of booking a whole day for him like that.

As someone said, he may have other plans... heck, he likely *will* have other plans. If he gets a few days off, don't you think he'll want to see friends, etc? He would appreciate the thought, but he may not have the time to do it...

Also, at least if it's a blank gift certificate that he can use anytime he wants to, he gets a choice there. To just tell him "Mika, you're a total stranger to us, but we planned this thing on this day for you and paid for it--go to it!" is rather controlling and, er, creepy... don't you think?

Finally, with things like spas and beauty treatments, people tend to have their own preferences... he may have his own spa, or he may not like the one that gets chosen, or he may have something against a particular procedure... I don't even know. I know that I might like it if I got a certificate to my favorite spa from my friends, but if they booked a whole bunch of things for me there, or somewhere else, for a specific day without even asking me in advance, I would be a bit put off.

--Jack

As someone said, he may have other plans... heck, he likely *will* have other plans. If he gets a few days off, don't you think he'll want to see friends, etc? He would appreciate the thought, but he may not have the time to do it...

Also, at least if it's a blank gift certificate that he can use anytime he wants to, he gets a choice there. To just tell him "Mika, you're a total stranger to us, but we planned this thing on this day for you and paid for it--go to it!" is rather controlling and, er, creepy... don't you think?

Finally, with things like spas and beauty treatments, people tend to have their own preferences... he may have his own spa, or he may not like the one that gets chosen, or he may have something against a particular procedure... I don't even know. I know that I might like it if I got a certificate to my favorite spa from my friends, but if they booked a whole bunch of things for me there, or somewhere else, for a specific day without even asking me in advance, I would be a bit put off.

--Jack

Too true, he may not even like anything spa-related at all. Besides, I think anything that's going to cost a good bit of money is really a no-no...if my fans gifted me with something expensive I think I'd feel kind of uncomfortable about it, especially if I could afford something like that on my own. So I'm thinking Mika would definitely continue to appreciate creative handmade goodies, if someone were to give him anything at all.

--Jack

yeah that's true, and i didn't mean the whole day lol, only for like an hour.

but true he probably most likely has his own preference. how much are the gift vouchers roughly? if they're cheap enough we could get two and he could take someone with him?

The thing I worry about most with Mika's schedule is the constant travelling to and fro, from continent to continent and back again, through time zones and everything. It's a well known fact that this alone can have a damaging effect on your immune system.

However he seems absolutely determined to "crack" the whole world simultaneously and this seems to have been the plan from the outset - whether it was Mika's own strategy or his management's, I don't know. I'm not sure how wise this really is.

If he just slowed down by sticking to Britain for a few months I'm sure it'd help. But then, there would be all the disappointed fans in Europe....and elsewhere...

I'm afraid he has set this ball rolling and it can't stop now. That worries me!

At the end of the day though he is young and basically healthy (I remember being 23 - I had a lot of energy and stamina, though at my age now it's hard to believe some of the things I put my body through!!:naughty: ) so I think he'll survive. I'd like to think he'll take a two week break at some point in the summer, like normal folk do, I mean, there is a reason why we tend to do that! And his is a job, when all's said and done.