Katy Perry

Ioana

I don't know what exactly to think of Katy. I'd

almost say I liked her more when she had not made it yet. Which doesn't mean I'd begrudge her success. The opposite is the case, she's way too talented to not be out there. I think I just don't like the image of her in the media so much, because sometimes she's portrayed like one of those manufactured acts. I mean, I'm way more impressed with those early youtube live performance finds of 'diamond' for example, than with the glossy video for 'I kissed a girl'. It just doesn't show that there is something so much bigger and better behind. Don't sell your soul, Katy! :wink2:

Yeah exactly. I liked her songs more before they were over-produce and put on an album. I don't like her portrayal in the media much either.

http://www.nme.com/news/katy-perry/40080

Things like this too....

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what exactly to think of Katy. I'd almost say I liked her more when she had not made it yet. Which doesn't mean I'd begrudge her success. The opposite is the case, she's way too talented to not be out there. I think I just don't like the image of her in the media so much, because sometimes she's portrayed like one of those manufactured acts. I mean, I'm way more impressed with those early youtube live performance finds of 'diamond' for example, than with the glossy video for 'I kissed a girl'. It just doesn't show that there is something so much bigger and better behind. Don't sell your soul, Katy! :wink2:

Yes, I understand what you mean and I agree.

Media is doing a big deal out of the “kissing a girl thing” and are sadly missing that there’s so much more to her musical skills.

But she seems like a reasonable person and I really hope it doesn’t harm her or her carrier.:thumb_yello:

I don't know what exactly to think of Katy. I'd almost say I liked her more when she had not made it yet. Which doesn't mean I'd begrudge her success. The opposite is the case, she's way too talented to not be out there. I think I just don't like the image of her in the media so much, because sometimes she's portrayed like one of those manufactured acts. I mean, I'm way more impressed with those early youtube live performance finds of 'diamond' for example, than with the glossy video for 'I kissed a girl'. It just doesn't show that there is something so much bigger and better behind. Don't sell your soul, Katy! :wink2:

you`re right..

she`s very talented and she knows who to use the media and make publicity but being tabloid folder could be dangerous...

but i think she`s a not a silly girl and her future as a singer is bright :)

I read the comments about Katy and the media, and I have to say that I totally agree.

Perhaps it's because of the song that was chosen for the single and how she acts on stage, but now it seems like you can't open a paper without seeing her face and some comment about kissing girls, or some other "raunchy" remark.

It saddens me, because she has a lot of talent, but I get the feeling that she's getting attention for the wrong reasons, and she is (perhaps inadvertently) also giving the wrong type of vibe in her public appearances...

I guess that she wants (and needs) publicity, but I fear that she's getting it for the wrong reasons. I tried really hard to find a review of her Scala gig, but could not find one on any of the daily papers. Instead, I found the supposed lesbian kiss in 3 of them!!!

I just have the funny feeling that it's going in the wrong direction, but then again, what do I know what she wants, so it's just my observation about what I think she would want.

Jenny- About the overproduced songs: YES!! I've been saying it for a while. Many of her songs I actually prefer the acoustic version of, like Mannequin, Once of The Boys, and in general most of them.

I think that they are better than the album versions, where everything is a bit too "done up" IMO. This was the first thing that I thought of when I first listened to the album.

That's how I feel.

I read the comments about Katy and the media, and I have to say that I totally agree.

Perhaps it's because of the song that was chosen for the single and how she acts on stage, but now it seems like you can't open a paper without seeing her face and some comment about kissing girls, or some other "raunchy" remark.

It saddens me, because she has a lot of talent, but I get the feeling that she's getting attention for the wrong reasons, and she is (perhaps inadvertently) also giving the wrong type of vibe in her public appearances...

I guess that she wants (and needs) publicity, but I fear that she's getting it for the wrong reasons. I tried really hard to find a review of her Scala gig, but could not find one on any of the daily papers. Instead, I found the supposed lesbian kiss in 3 of them!!!

I just have the funny feeling that it's going in the wrong direction, but then again, what do I know what she wants, so it's just my observation about what I think she would want.

Jenny- About the overproduced songs: YES!! I've been saying it for a while. Many of her songs I actually prefer the acoustic version of, like Mannequin, Once of The Boys, and in general most of them.

I think that they are better than the album versions, where everything is a bit too "done up" IMO. This was the first thing that I thought of when I first listened to the album.

sadly.. it`s true

she gets more publicity about all that kind of kissing girls stuff than for her music

she`s got talent, she`s a beautiful woman..

i kissed a girl is a polemic song to be in a single.. she decided to released and she got number 1 in charts but most of people that only listened I kissed a girl think she`s got no talent and that she`s a slut.. sorry to say that but most of people i know say that...

i`m afraid she`ll be recognised only for a polemic song about kissing girls than her real talent

sadly.. it`s true

she gets more publicity about all that kind of kissing girls stuff than for her music

i kissed a girl is a polemic song to be in a single.. she decided to released and she got number 1 in charts but most of people that only listened I kissed a girl think she`s got no talent and that she`s a slut.. sorry to say that but most of people i know say that...

i`m afraid she`ll be recognised only for a polemic song about kissing girls than her real talent

That is the problem that I am seeing ,that she is getting that image, and I am not sure how she will be able to change it later.

It's a shame.

I suppose that we shall see how things go with the next single, etc...

sadly.. it`s true

Exactly... It'll be hard for her to wash off that reputation aswell as all the publicity...

That is the problem that I am seeing ,that she is getting that image, and I am not sure how she will be able to change it later.

It's a shame.

Yeah . I believe it's going to be hard change that but I'm almost sure she will . Because Katy has a LOT of personality and she's not that glossy girl she seems in the IKAG video and I dont I but I kinda think she's not worried about that... so I think she's just going to keep making songs and videoclips and the people will get used to think about her as a good musician, not just as a kissing girl girl .

I really have a feeling it is going to be like this . lol :bleh:

tomorrow it`ll be released hot n cold.. i hope that people start to meet the artist behind i kissed a girl and prove she`s not a one hit wonder singer

I'm so freaking anxious .

Do you know where and when we will be able to see it ?

I know it's tomorrow and it's in MySpace, but when today and whre in MySpace . lol

I'm so freaking anxious .

Do you know where and when we will be able to see it ?

I know it's tomorrow and it's in MySpace, but when today and whre in MySpace . lol

i guess in her myspace upload as a new video.. i know that there`s a section for artist new vids on myspace and she put it there with U`r so gay. but i don`t remember exactly :bleh:

i guess in her myspace upload as a new video.. i know that there`s a section for artist new vids on myspace and she put it there with U`r so gay. but i don`t remember exactly :bleh:

I was thinking it must be something like this . . . But well... she didn't give us an hour .

I WANT AN HOUR !

:naughty:

I want to see it... tomorrow I'm going to freak out in school . I'm going to make a "Hot 'N Cold" notebook (it's just case I'm writing the title of some KP songs in my notebooks: Science notebook - Ur so gay; Portuguese notebook - Fingerprints; Fisic and Chesmistry notebook - One of the boys) .

Lol ! :roftl:

I was thinking it must be something like this . . . But well... she didn't give us an hour .

I WANT AN HOUR !

:naughty:

I want to see it... tomorrow I'm going to freak out in school . I'm going to make a "Hot 'N Cold" notebook (it's just case I'm writing the title of some KP songs in my notebooks: Science notebook - Ur so gay; Portuguese notebook - Fingerprints; Fisic and Chesmistry notebook - One of the boys) .

Lol ! :roftl:

hahahaha

i had my notebook with Billy Brown, Lollipop Girl and mikaish drawings :bleh:

last year when i "met" mika`s music i was allll day writing little part of his songs, drawing.. now i don`t have more space to nothing in my notebook :bleh:

hahahaha

i had my notebook with Billy Brown, Lollipop Girl and mikaish drawings :bleh:

last year when i "met" mika`s music i was allll day writing little part of his songs, drawing.. now i don`t have more space to nothing in my notebook :bleh:

Are u questioning my love for Mika ?

lol

All my secreataries in the school have "Mxxxxx" or "Mxxx" or "M!xM!x" . :lmfao:

I have a notebook where I wrote Mxxx 4ever and KP 4ever .

:lmfao:

I'm always drawing random things in the classes . Last year most of my notebooks had bits of Mika's musics . lol

Now it has Katy's, I mean... I'm waiting for the new CD ! :naughty:

Are u questioning my love for Mika ?

lol

All my secreataries in the school have "Mxxxxx" or "Mxxx" or "M!xM!x" . :lmfao:

I have a notebook where I wrote Mxxx 4ever and KP 4ever .

:lmfao:

I'm always drawing random things in the classes . Last year most of my notebooks had bits of Mika's musics . lol

Now it has Katy's, I mean... I'm waiting for the new CD ! :naughty:

hahahahha nooooooooo

i didn`t change my notebooks from last year so i had no more space in the folders... only that :bleh:

i remembered i had LT stuck in head and all day singing "LOVE LOVE ME" pathetic :naughty:

now i`m all day with one of the boys :roftl:

i`m off tonight

:bye:

totally agree with everything you said sara!

It's a shame.

my brother says there is no such thing as bad publicity.... cause u get famous for bad things but ppl forget later and they remember your name...

i think its true..... :bleh:

my brother says there is no such thing as bad publicity.... cause u get famous for bad things but ppl forget later and they remember your name...

Yeah . That's a bit my point of view .

And she is not getting that BAD publicity . Some stupid people see her like a lesbian but there are a bunch of people (even not being her fans) who think the music it's really cool and original .

It's definitely true in the United States. Britney Spears is the biggest no talent the music industry has ever seen but she keeps selling albums and getting attention no matter what.

I wouldn't worry about Katy's reputation. She's doing just fine.