The appleman can!!! - The official SEQUEL!

Kata

You're never 36! I don't believe it.

I swear, I can show you my ID card next time we meet :roftl:. I'm just THAT immature, LOL!

And thinking of it, technically I am 36.5, as I turn 37 in June:blink:

Congratulations!:wub2:

Thanks!

I'm getting excited about it now!!

I don't know but it's the same age difference that me and the 24-year-old have.

Well, exactly my point! Go for it!!:mf_lustslow: You know what they say: "you're only as old as the man you xxxx"

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Curse me for deciding to have a RL for a few hours, I missed all of the amusing discussion.

I was going to do a huge multipost response but I won't since I'm a little tired and more than a little bit tipsy.

In summary:

Violet: I completely agree with your point about it being presumptuous to judge another person's life when it's impossible to step into their shoes. You're also right about their being many different forms of 'lying' that people do and there are equally as many motives for it but in the end I think it comes down to one thing: wanting to be or at least seem happy.

Kata: I admire the fact that your concept of happinness is independent of the concepts of marriage, employment and wealth which are still to this day the three main standards of 'happiness' applied to women. I'm glad that you have a great kid and are enjoying your life regardless of what worth other people apply to it.

Suzy: I completely understand what you mean about leading a busy life and not having the luxury of such thoughts. While now I'm on summer holidays and have 3 months of virtually no responsibility in any shape or form, when the semester will start up again I'll be back to waking up at 5.45am to go to uni, spending the day there then heading to work in the evening getting home late only to have to sit down and study. But despite being up to my ears with things to do, I still wander off and daydream and contemplate those questions. It's not something I'm proud of, it can be distracting and even dangerous at work especially, but it's who I am and I accept it, for the moment at least. As Christine said:

You might find yourself feeling apathy for existential questions as you get older and grow weary of worrying about things you have no control over and trying to draw conclusions about things you will never know.

I used to think too much for my own good but you're already years ahead of me on the misanthrope front so you might be on the fast track to not giving a flying f*ck about the meaning of life too.

I can definitely see that. But I've gone through stages: early teens when I didn't even know the questions existed, mid-teens when I thought I had every answer to every question figured out, late-teens when I became completely apathetic to the whole deal and now when I can't get my head around the infinity of permutations. Hopefully I'll move on to apathy again, before I do my head in.

Sometimes the path of life seems to have been made for me even before I knew other paths existed. When you build on that life, its very difficult to tear down and venture another route - not impossible, but maybe selfish. I do commend those who take that risk and make it work. Don't get me wrong -my life is full of happy moments, and yet, like many, will continue to wonder if what I think I might want, is really going to make me a happier person.

So while some of you are still very young, don't stop yourself from experiencing as much out of life to find your own path before you let others build it for you or with you.

*Sorry for the sap*

That's an interesting way to look at it. I think that in my case it's too late, my path has already been built for me by others. I choose not to walk it sometimes and for it I'm called selfish and heck even a wrongdoer. But hopefully one day when the power-struggles typical of my age are finally over I might have the chance to choose my own path.

Sariflor: your comments on how you started out in dating younger men made me crack up. But you see, at my age, dating a younger man or woman enters 'illegal' territory. :naughty:

I think Scut was just born when I found my first "meaning of life" at 15! :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: Now you're really showing your age.

I'll add that find it fascinating talking to older people, it's usually far less trivial and vulgar than when I talk to my peers.

Well, thanks everyone, lots of good advice and practical discussion here and no 'it'll be fines' at all!

I can usually shake myself out of this eventually , but it's going to be sooner rather than later this time.

Group hug? :huglove:

I'm glad that you're feeling a bit better. :huglove:

Isn't that the same age diff that Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher have? I'm all for it. I'm getting married in the summer and I'm 36 and he's 30!:roftl:

Was 22 or 23 when we met

Congratulations. :yay:

...and now that I look at all that in the end I really did write a huge multipost even though I said I wouldn't. Hopefully when I reread this when sober and rested I won't have said anything I'll regret.

OMG I dreamed about this, I dreamed that three of my friends were going out with guys who were at least 15 years younger than them. I woke up trying to calculate the youngest I could have. :naughty:

Ha ha! I'm doing the same right now...whoa - what a choice we have! (As young as 20!) :shocked:

Isn't that the same age diff that Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher have? I'm all for it. I'm getting married in the summer and I'm 36 and he's 30!:roftl:

Congratulations! Now that's two MFCers that I know marrying in the summer! (lollipop_monkey too!) :groupwave:

Now you're really showing your age.

I'll add that find it fascinating talking to older people, it's usually far less trivial and vulgar than when I talk to my peers.

But I find the "man" in the saying presumptuous.

Yes - "woman" and "monkey" were excluded in that saying. Let's change that. :sneaky2:

New Criteria:

- Hmm...15 year age gap.

- Women, men, and/or monkeys...

- Scut! I think you fit the profile now...I am that fascinating older person who is less trivial and vulgar and 15 years your senior. It is an MFC match made in heaven. Now if I only had the guts to do a "Billy Brown, Dodgy Holiday" :naughty:

(I fit the profile of the 2 kids and a cautionary husband! :roftl: )

Well, if I don’t post anything right now I just feel like the biggest lurker ever.

Babspanky, sorry to hear that you feel that way but doesn’t it go up and down all the time how we feel?

But when you’re down it’s a hell nevertheless!

And I really agree with Suzy that a person who just tells you “it’ll be fine” instead of listening isn’t much to talk to in the long run.

I have only met you once but my memory of you is, as I’ve already told you, that you are a person who cares. Remember?:thumb_yello:

Oh, I love that!

As you all know by now I’m much too old to do the things I’m doing but I don’t care a bit.:blush-anim-cl:

It is one of the things I’ve learned while listening to what Mika says, I am who I am and I can’t do a thing about my age!

In this point of my life I have fewer responsibilities than I have had before, and my idea is to make as much as I can with this new freedom.

I just want to have fun when I still can!:wink2:

Sorry sienna - yet another post I missed earlier. *That's what happens when you have limited time and rush through the threads*:doh:

I love your style. :thumb_yello:

I find myself now confronting people within my family and relatives with "but what's wrong with that?" when they comment on lifestyles that are not conforming with the standard. There comes a point when its just plain ignorance and I will not allow my kids to adopt such narrow-minded views. :sneaky2:

So, the "sleep" idea didn't exactly work out for me. I kept getting kicked around. :sneaky2:

Ha ha! I'm doing the same right now...whoa - what a choice we have! (As young as 20!) :shocked:

Yes - "woman" and "monkey" were excluded in that saying. Let's change that. :sneaky2:

New Criteria:

- Hmm...15 year age gap.

- Women, men, and/or monkeys...

- Scut! I think you fit the profile now...I am that fascinating older person who is less trivial and vulgar and 15 years your senior. It is an MFC match made in heaven. Now if I only had the guts to do a "Billy Brown, Dodgy Holiday" :naughty:

(I fit the profile of the 2 kids and a cautionary husband!)

Oh my goodness, that made me laugh out very loud. I'm game. But I unfortunately can't afford the flight to Mexico at the moment. :lmfao:

I find myself now confronting people within my family and relatives with "but what's wrong with that?" when they comment on lifestyles that are not conforming with the standard. There comes a point when its just plain ignorance and I will not allow my kids to adopt such narrow-minded views. :sneaky2:

An admirable attitude. :thumb_yello:

[

QUOTE=Suzy;979328]Sorry sienna - yet another post I missed earlier. *That's what happens when you have limited time and rush through the threads*:doh:

So glad to see you at least take some time for yourself!

It’s a hard work to be a mother and be the one who “keeps everybody else in a good mood!”:wink2:

Been there!

I find myself now confronting people within my family and relatives with "but what's wrong with that?" when they comment on lifestyles that are not conforming with the standard. There comes a point when its just plain ignorance and I will not allow my kids to adopt such narrow-minded views.

Sounds good!

We, as parents, have a big influence in our children’s valuations, that’s for sure! :thumb_yello:

But I find the "man" in the saying presumptuous.

Hell, yeah, if you're talking about "illegal" then surely one can't call them "men":roftl:

Ha ha! I'm doing the same right now...whoa - what a choice we have! (As young as 20!)

Yes, I can go down to 21, how exciting!

A whole world of possibilities! :roftl: Let me google some hotties up :bleh:

And to think that I used to see my younger brother's friends as too young, when they are only 4 years younger than me, how long ago must THAT have been, haha! I was obviously very short sighted.

Or I got naughtier with age :naughty: .

I find myself now confronting people within my family and relatives with "but what's wrong with that?" when they comment on lifestyles that are not conforming with the standard. There comes a point when its just plain ignorance and I will not allow my kids to adopt such narrow-minded views.

That is really great Suzy; At the end of the day your kids will be moulded by your views, and giving them this outlook is one of the best preparations for life that you can give them.

We, as parents, have a big influence in our children’s valuations, that’s for sure!

And I'm sure that you, as well as Suzy, must have beautiful kids, knowing what incredible mothers they have.:wub2:

I used to say to whoever would listen, that there should be a license or test that one had to pass before being allowed to have kids.....:thumb_yello: too many kids are being born and raised at the "wrong" hands and then we have thousands of people with narrow views and all sorts of issues....It all comes down to poor parenting in so many cases IMO.

What a shame!:sneaky2:

Rereading I've concluded that I should never post tipsy. :boxed:

So, just in case I'm too wasted to say it later on, I'll say it now: Happy New Year, dear sweet polite never-sarcastic and infinitely well-behaved Apples! :yay: If your were edible (or if I were a cannibal) I would eat you. As it stands, I would still pinch the hell out of your cheeks (even if almost all of you are older than me.... or especially because you are?). Have a fine day full of kindness and magic! 213_wizard_with_a_wand_and_hat.gif

P.S. Jack, I'm a whore for anything that you write so I'd read it even if it were a fiction of the Apples in a trainwreck with only Mika's whining to entertain them at the crash site.

Well I meant more of a serious story.

Hmmm. Let me consider. :-)

By the way, why haven't apples started carrying "Kind and Fine Wizard" signs to gigs yet?

--Jack

Fine and kind wizard kind of came in middle of the London gigs, so that is still to come. Perhaps we can ask for an autograph signed,the kind and fine one.

Just so that he can think we are totally stupid. :mf_rosetinted:

Rereading I've concluded that I should never post tipsy. :boxed:

So, just in case I'm too wasted to say it later on, I'll say it now: Happy New Year, dear sweet polite never-sarcastic and infinitely well-behaved Apples! :yay: If your were edible (or if I were a cannibal) I would eat you. As it stands, I would still pinch the hell out of your cheeks (even if almost all of you are older than me.... or especially because you are?). Have a fine day full of kindness and magic! 213_wizard_with_a_wand_and_hat.gif

P.S. Jack, I'm a whore for anything that you write so I'd read it even if it were a fiction of the Apples in a trainwreck with only Mika's whining to entertain them at the crash site.

And boy can he whine, chafing, blah blah, infection, blah blah, touring for a year blah blah, childbearing hips, blah blah, oh please Jack, do it.

Fine and kind wizard kind of came in middle of the London gigs, so that is still to come. Perhaps we can ask for an autograph signed,the kind and fine one.

Just so that he can think we are totally stupid. :mf_rosetinted:

yeaaah!!!:yay:I offer myself as volunteer for this delicate mission! :D

hmmm... is having fun of someone who can't speak englishand uses a translation tool to post on here correct ?

or are you just having fun of the expression "wizard blah blah" ?

happy new year apples !! :yay: mine will be sh*t, but i'll deal with it :wink2:

We aren't making fun, we are just enjoing the bizarre translation.

yeaaah!!!:yay:I offer myself as volunteer for this delicate mission! :D

Great! Don't forget to get it videotaped and photographed, so that it can be posted as a sticky on the front page.

hmmm... is having fun of someone who can't speak englishand uses a translation tool to post on here correct ?

Naaaah...not making fun of her, making fun with her (and her 'synchronous translator')...she herself includes the silliness of it in her signature:

"Can, I write clumsily? Accuse my synchronous translator. But I think poetically!" (Lena's signature) :naughty:

By the way, why haven't apples started carrying "Kind and Fine Wizard" signs to gigs yet?

No gigs yet. Toronto will be the first. :punk:

And boy can he whine, chafing, blah blah, infection, blah blah, touring for a year blah blah, childbearing hips, blah blah, oh please Jack, do it.

:naughty: I forgot about the chafing. I want to hear this story too.

No it's just the exact phrasing of "You the kind and fine wizard". No idea why it's hysterically funny to imagine Mika as any kind of wizard but it is. Believe me my French is worse than anyone's English and I can't communicate a word of Russian so I'm not making fun.

Happy New Year Apples! :yay:

I'm already wiped out and it's 7 am so I don't think I'll make it to midnight.

I'm already wiped out and it's 7 am so I don't think I'll make it to midnight.

I was up until 3am, late last night watching the first season of "The L Word" (a Christmas present from the one friend I have who never says "don't worry, it will be fine") and now have to head off to work (The stock market is open). :thumbdown:

Then, I go home and bake, and then party with the family clan of 60 until some time after the countdown :boxed: See ya next year!