The appleman can!!! - The official SEQUEL!

Kata

The morning he left he tried to make me vegan pancakes but used baking soda instead of baking powder, so they all had to go in the trash. And he was all apologetic about it but it was just really funny and now I have to make my own breakfasts.

Is he vegan, too? Sweet gesture, even if the end result wasn't as hoped.

Apart from pancakes, what DO you eat for breakfast? Most "traditional" breakfast foods wouldn't work for a vegan...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apart from pancakes, what DO you eat for breakfast? Most "traditional" breakfast foods wouldn't work for a vegan...

Just out of curiosity: How do vegan pancakes work? Isn't the main ingredients for pancakes eggs?

Hint: this is the apple thread.

And gwuhhhhh, I'm gonna whine for a moment that now I miss him.

Nice that you've found a boy worth missing. :original:

We never found ANYTHING (at least nothing where we all agreed on seeing something)!!! And now these guys come along and make us single-handedly look like fools :thumbdown: !

:roftl: Does this mean our research grant won't be renewed for 2008?

i remember none of his outfits, and certainly can't place them :boxed:

Oh, but dearest darling, you are special! :wub2: Also you have not been on MFC for the last however many months, not for real.

It's not that Mika's outfits are so memorable by themselves, it's that whenever a photo from a new event is posted, there are pages and pages of discussion and re-postings of the photo, and people going over all its details and the details of the event. Sometimes I never even see the photos and I still hear about what he wore when. :naughty:

Nope, he's not vegan, or even vegetarian! But he's very good about it and eats mostly vegan whenever he's with me. Ha, I tried to pack him a "healthy" snack before he left but he protested and got himself a pork sandwich instead, but then he said it was disgusting and he threw it out and conceded that my snack was better.

Anyway, I don't eat much for breakfast, but as Christine hinted... fruit. Also bagels or toast with vegan butter, or fruit spread, or other veggie spreads, like mushroom and eggplant and tomato-based ones, etc. Oh, and hummus. Or else just cereal with soymilk. Or soymilk-based oatmeal. And if I have company, I'll fry up mushrooms with onions and carrots and put them on top of crisped wheat bread. And if I wanted to, I could make tofu scramble, which is a bit like scrambled eggs. So rather a lot, you see. :wink2:

Vegan pancake recipe:

1 cup flour

1 tablespoon sugar

2 tablespoons baking powder (not soda!!!)

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 cup soymilk

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl, then add soymilk and vegetable oil and mix until batter is smooth. Get a pan ready for the batter and proceed as with all pancakes. :thumb_yello:

--Jack

Anyway, I don't eat much for breakfast, but as Christine hinted... fruit. Also bagels or toast with vegan butter, or fruit spread, or other veggie spreads, like mushroom and eggplant and tomato-based ones, etc. Oh, and hummus. Or else just cereal with soymilk. Or soymilk-based oatmeal. And if I have company, I'll fry up mushrooms with onions and carrots and put them on top of crisped wheat bread. And if I wanted to, I could make tofu scramble, which is a bit like scrambled eggs. So rather a lot, you see. :wink2:

Vegan pancake recipe:

1 cup flour

1 tablespoon sugar

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 cup soymilk

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl, then add soymilk and vegetable oil and mix until batter is smooth. Get a pan ready for the batter and proceed as with all pancakes. :thumb_yello:

--Jack

Oh, thanks for clarifying and providing all those options Jack - I was wondering myself. Mmmm...yummy, I am hungry now. And your bf sounds like a sweetheart. I'm happy for you.:original:

...Also bagels or toast with vegan butter, or fruit spread, or other veggie spreads, like mushroom and eggplant and tomato-based ones, etc. Oh, and hummus. Or else just cereal with soymilk. Or soymilk-based oatmeal. And if I have company, I'll fry up mushrooms with onions and carrots and put them on top of crisped wheat bread. And if I wanted to, I could make tofu scramble, which is a bit like scrambled eggs. So rather a lot, you see. :wink2:

*salivates*

I'm coming over for breakfast. I'll be there in 12 hours, orange juice in hand. :mf_rosetinted:

If you have any particularly good recipes, PM them to me (or post 'em here, if you think your fellow Apples would be interested). I haven't eaten beef or other read meat in ten years, and chicken is fast losing its appeal for me. (Oh my, did I pick the wrong forum to say THAT on. :naughty:)

So I'm really leaning toward meatless cooking, but then I find myself relying on dairy too much. :bleh:

I haven't eaten beef or other read meat in ten years, and chicken is fast losing its appeal for me. (Oh my, did I pick the wrong forum to say THAT on. :naughty:)

This is exactly the right forum to say that on. The idea of mixing up imagery of some nasty raw chicken parts, sex and Mika makes me want to hurl. :puke:

Jack if I had you around I might actually be able to go vegan. My problem is I'm just too damn lazy. Maybe when I get back from London and won't have to forgo those great post-drinking fry ups I can get down to eating properly.

Christine - Did you get to see Kate Nash?

Yes I did. She was wonderful and so was the audience. She was laughing by the end. She's never been to Canada before and it was her first date on her tour so she was thrilled at the response she was getting.

The girls who took those incredible pics of Mika at the Mod Club were there again and snapped these.

This was almost exactly the view I had because I was down on the floor about 3 rows back, even though I didn't get in there until 9 pm and it was sold out.

2177317344_b1b8826d22_b.jpg

2177802576_a4c64911f8_b.jpg

So many people say that Mika's performances don't translate well to a big venue but I don't believe that at all. I think they just don't want him to play big venues because intimate is...more intimate.

But I think in her case it's really true. She's playing the Hammersmith Apollo and I don't think it would be anywhere near as good as getting close up at the Mod Club. Her voice can easily get drowned out by the music and you really need a good view of her face to pick up everything.

Her acoustic numbers were really beautiful and unexpected. I haven't listened to anything on her album because all this Mika nonsense has been so distracting. When she came out with Foundations, all the stuff I'd heard that she'd done before seemed a lot more experimental. But the songs she did last night were pretty pop and melodic.

Really, really worth seeing in a small venue and she was better than Lily Allen.

Edited - Nice video -

I'm back.

I'm a selfish heartless bitch who ends good things when she's too cowardly to face their complicated consequences.

I just felt the need to say that and I assume that this is one place where I won't be told to delude myself and "feel better soon" when I deserve to feel like sh!t for a while at least.

I'm back.

I'm a selfish heartless bitch who ends good things when she's too cowardly to face their complicated consequences.

I just felt the need to say that and I assume that this is one place where I won't be told to delude myself and "feel better soon" when I deserve to feel like sh!t for a while at least.

Life is a bitch. I eat instead of facing up to things - don't do that, at least.

Have a bloody good wallow in self pity/hate.

love ya!

Vegan pancake recipe:

1 cup flour

1 tablespoon sugar

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 cup soymilk

--Jack

Thanks, I think I'll try that (the eggless pancakes, certainly not the mushrooms -lol :wink2: )

I'm back.

Feel like elaborating on that so that I can justifiably confirm you in your self-hatred? :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Life is a bitch. I eat instead of facing up to things - don't do that, at least.

Have a bloody good wallow in self pity/hate.

love ya!

I've already gone through a block of Turkish Delight; it's only made me feel even guiltier. It's not a good self-hatred management plan.

Feel like elaborating on that so that I can justifiably confirm you in your self-hatred? :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

I ended a good relationship for lazy and cowardly reasons. Justifiable enough?

I'm back.

I'm the last person to give you advice. I don't know what to tell you except that your situation sucks.:thumbdown:

Our lives can't be further apart, yet a brief glimpse or fast forward your life 15 years from now, and the possibility of it being like mine (husband, 2 kids, etc). Will this be what you want out of life? Not that there's anything wrong with that...because it can be rewarding too.

I'm back.

Should I berate you instead? I've given plenty of men 8-hour lectures for committing just such a crime. I really know how to bang on and on and never let you forget what a f*cker you are for one second.

Or maybe you really would like to feel better with some turkish delight and, of course, apples.

483024955_ae6b76f147.jpg

I ended a good relationship for lazy and cowardly reasons. Justifiable enough?

Okay, you're bad. :thumbdown:

I'd like to say now that you won't feel better anytime soon (but I'm afraid you will :mf_rosetinted:)

In the meantime, have another apple...

wurmstichiggo2.jpg

Okay, you're bad. :thumbdown:

I'd like to say now that you won't feel better anytime soon (but I'm afraid you will :mf_rosetinted:)

In the meantime, have another apple...

wurmstichiggo2.jpg

Some people on here are just so funny. Not only is Mika the worm in our apple, but he has his wizard's hat on. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I am at work, getting strange looks. :blush-anim-cl:

Some people on here are just so funny. Not only is Mika the worm in our apple, but he has his wizard's hat on. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I am at work, getting strange looks. :blush-anim-cl:

That's just because without the magical hat he'd never managed to get into the apple :mf_rosetinted: