The appleman can!!! - The official SEQUEL!

Kata

Wedding planner thread??? What a funny world this is :mf_rosetinted:

I'm happy that you remembered the Appleman; the reason why we are here. I belong to the tiny group who actually met him and he was just so :wub2:

Have you realized that everyone is afraid of fish these days. And I always thought I was special :blink: (at least people made me feel special when they were laughing about my phobia).

And my boss has another. He is cheating on me which will very likely result in me loosing my job :sneaky2: . At least we have apples again :wub2:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wedding planner thread??? What a funny world this is :mf_rosetinted:

I'm happy that you remembered the Appleman; the reason why we are here. I belong to the tiny group who actually met him and he was just so :wub2:

Have you realized that everyone is afraid of fish these days. And I always thought I was special :blink: (at least people made me feel special when they were laughing about my phobia).

And my boss has another. He is cheating on me which will very likely result in me loosing my job :sneaky2: . At least we have apples again :wub2:

Never met the appleman...probably never will. I'm not a true apple, so I'm here by default.

I will check out the phobia thread later but your last sentence made me do a double - take:shocked: Am I reading that right? Was that then your boss we met at the Palladium gig?:blink:

Never met the appleman...probably never will. I'm not a true apple, so I'm here by default.

I will check out the phobia thread later but your last sentence made me do a double - take:shocked: Am I reading that right? Was that then your boss we met at the Palladium gig?:blink:

Well I never did either, but I was here at the birth of this thread! :punk:

What do you mean H?

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

No, my boss at the university. I'm his assistant but my contract will end with the end of February. And I asked him yesterday if he will renew it once again and he said he wasn't sure because he has another applicant. And the applicant is very likely to be female. So he kind of cheats on me :wink2: .

Arndt (bf) is an angel and definitely not my boss :naughty:

No, my boss at the university. I'm his assistant but my contract will end with the end of February. And I asked him yesterday if he will renew it once again and he said he wasn't sure because he has another applicant. And the applicant is very likely to be female. So he kind of cheats on me :wink2: .

Phew! :sweatdrop: Glad to hear that Arndt is still an angel! Give him my regards!

Hey! You did that on purpose!:sneaky2:

I like your style... :naughty:

Phew! :sweatdrop: Glad to hear that Arndt is still an angel! Give him my regards!

He greets back :wink2:

Hey! You did that on purpose!

I like your style... :naughty:

Yes, I did it on purpose but I'm a bit surprised that it had the same effect as in German :naughty: . Anyway, I have to look for a new job. And I'll lose my office, which is even worse :thumbdown: . If I ever meet this bitch of a girl who steals my job I'll tell her off. Maybe not really but I can still pretend :blush-anim-cl: . I could train her wrongly so that she won't be able to do her job properly. Haha!!!

*off to plot evil plan* :fish:

I'm back. I had a mind-numbingly tedious trip home. Then proceeded to have a f*cker of a first day back. But I've slept a bit so I feel better. Except now I have to study for my exams in a week's time on top of working full-time. :boxed:

I remember the first time I entered this thread and asked who the hell is the Appleman. Kata told me to read the first post, so I did. It told me nothing whatsoever so all I know about the Appleman is little bits and pieces I've read here and there. As for queuing, I like it as long as I'm waiting for something worthwhile and have company. :bleh:

I'm back. I had a mind-numbingly tedious trip home. Then proceeded to have a f*cker of a first day back. But I've slept a bit so I feel better. Except now I have to study for my exams in a week's time on top of working full-time. :boxed:

I remember the first time I entered this thread and asked who the hell is the Appleman. Kata told me to read the first post, so I did. It told me nothing whatsoever so all I know about the Appleman is little bits and pieces I've read here and there. As for queuing, I like it as long as I'm waiting for something worthwhile and have company. :bleh:

Welcome back :thumb_yello:

Why do you have exams when you just got back? What is there to study at this point?

I started reading the appleman thread right when it started and it was still only bits and pieces for me too :blink:

So what's your position on hanging out in a queue all day while Kata, Bab and Satu eat in a Lebanese restaurant and then Mika calls in sick?

Why do you have exams when you just got back? What is there to study at this point?

I started reading the appleman thread right when it started and it was still only bits and pieces for me too :blink:

So what's your position on hanging out in a queue all day while Kata, Bab and Satu eat in a Lebanese restaurant and then Mika calls in sick?

I was ill during the exam period in November so I'm my doing deferred exams now. :boxed:

That's tricky. If tempted with the prospect of Lebanese food :wub2: I might leave the queue for a while despite having interesting company there. Also, no matter how enjoyable the wait with interesting company is if I find out that Mika canceled I'd be pissed off; while it might've be fun it is still essentially a waste of time. :sneaky2:

If tempted with the prospect of Lebanese food :wub2: I might leave the queue for a while despite having interesting company there.

No, no, everyone is at the Lebanese restaurant, but you're in the queue. Only benefit is you might be around when Mika calls to personally give you the news that he has no intention of showing up.

It isn't about being rewarded. If there's something waiting for you at the end its even better but the queuing is only about the experience of queuing itself. Its a kind of meditation. While everyone around you gets annoyed and pushes, you just stand there and feel completely happy with yourself and the queue. The longer the queue is the more complete you feel when you reach its end. The ultimate experience is the concert queue which is usually divided into two parts: The first part consist of queuing for hours (preferably in the cold) and ends with gaining access to a huge room where the concert will take place. The gap between the first and the second queuing part is bridged by music and almost orgasmic dance moves, which the queuing only made possible. After the concert is over you start to queue again and pretend you want to get a glimpse of some random guy who might come out the back door. This can take again hours and feels just wonderful. After the queuing is over you feel more relaxed than ever and have an apple to end the day. Personally I think that everyone should have such a queuing experience once in a while as it makes you become aware of who you really are and what your place in the world is.

:mf_rosetinted:

No, no, everyone is at the Lebanese restaurant, but you're in the queue. Only benefit is you might be around when Mika calls to personally give you the news that he has no intention of showing up.

As long as I get Mika's number in the process then I'd forgive the others in the restaurant. :mf_rosetinted:

It isn't about being rewarded. If there's something waiting for you at the end its even better but the queuing is only about the experience of queuing itself. Its a kind of meditation. While everyone around you gets annoyed and pushes, you just stand there and feel completely happy with yourself and the queue. The longer the queue is the more complete you feel when you reach its end. The ultimate experience is the concert queue which is usually divided into two parts: The first part consist of queuing for hours (preferably in the cold) and ends with gaining access to a huge room where the concert will take place. The gap between the first and the second queuing part is bridged by music and almost orgasmic dance moves, which the queuing only made possible. After the concert is over you start to queue again and pretend you want to get a glimpse of some random guy who might come out the back door. This can take again hours and feels just wonderful. After the queuing is over you feel more relaxed than ever and have an apple to end the day. Personally I think that everyone should have such a queuing experience once in a while as it makes you become aware of who you really are and what your place in the world is.

Wow, maybe I'll queue in the cafeteria for lunch on Monday and have the same spiritual experience? :shocked:

I just can't tell you how thankful I am for that. You can't imagine! Thank you so much for giving my life a meaning again! :cheerful_h4h:

Nice to see you back Scut! Sorry to hear about your terrible first day back...looks like you're managing well now. :original:

Haeschen - your queuing experience doesn't sound so bad. I want whatever you're smoking, eating, inhaling, swallowing...before I queue in less than 3 weeks. Might also help me forget its below zero degress outside. :naughty:

Nice to see you back Scut! Sorry to hear about your terrible first day back...looks like you're managing well now. :original:

I'm better after a good night's sleep and a session at the gym (I have to work off the tonne of weight I gained on holiday, 2 sizes' worth :shocked:). I won't be on much for the next few weeks, though, 'cause of my exams. :sneaky2:

What you have to remember is that I had just completed about six queues, some on consecutive days, by that time. To be frank, you can have too much of a good thing....:mf_rosetinted:

What you have to remember is that I had just completed about six queues, some on consecutive days, by that time. To be frank, you can have too much of a good thing....:mf_rosetinted:

Yeah...that's quite a lot of hours wasting away when you're "Not a real fan". :naughty:

I think queuing is a relative experience. Sometimes I can sit for hours doing nothing but think and daydream because I rarely get to do that nowadays...as long as I have my iPod around, a pen and paper, and some reading material to keep me stimulated I'm fine. A good seat always helps too.

Where has Kata been these days? Kata...where are you? :sad:

Actually I was going to ask that, I got a strange text from her yesterday, well it was sent at 21.43 or something, but it arrived in the middle of the night, something about drinking Icelandic beer and Palladium. Is she at a gig or festival or something?

Actually I was going to ask that, I got a strange text from her yesterday, well it was sent at 21.43 or something, but it arrived in the middle of the night, something about drinking Icelandic beer and Palladium. Is she at a gig or festival or something?

she's at the Groningen fest maybe?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1030216#post1030216

This can take again hours and feels just wonderful. After the queuing is over you feel more relaxed than ever and have an apple to end the day.

Yes, that's exactly how it was for me on the first day. But on the second day of queuing it ended too early and we were told that there would be no queuing on the third day. :tears:

Personally I think that everyone should have such a queuing experience once in a while as it makes you become aware of who you really are and what your place in the world is.

As the wizard himself says:

"Sometimes it pays not to be a dickhead once in a while. Know your place. Know who’s the boss and how it works out."

Christine, why is the wizard pic on the myspace page gone? It doesn't show anymore in my comments. I want it back :tears:

Oh sorry. I emailed a photographer on Flickr to get prints and then realized perhaps he would see the wizard pic and think I want to deface his photos. I set my wizard pics to private and I think that changes the URL.

The photo might look good with a wizard hat though, what do you think?

479589941_101ab9d3da.jpg

As long as I get Mika's number in the process then I'd forgive the others in the restaurant. :mf_rosetinted:

The phone number could be so long that you can't memorize it. But you could always make the pilgrimage to the wizard's house and personally thank him for his very personal rejection.

As you know the house is undergoing renovations, but he is still welcoming guests, especially those bearing gifts.

1465055862_307a39049d.jpg

Oh so you need to pace yourself on the queuing marathon and fill up on Lebanese to keep you going?

Actually I was going to ask that, I got a strange text from her yesterday, well it was sent at 21.43 or something, but it arrived in the middle of the night, something about drinking Icelandic beer and Palladium.

Uh oh. Sounds like some more of this going on.

2096695860_94755198e5.jpg

So...its a Sunday and I've got a free afternoon. After taking down all Christmas decor, I have a choice between the two of these activities I've been meaning to do for the longest time:

IMG_0443.jpg

Which one should I do? :naughty: