there are some good ones in:

-glass menagerie by TN williams

-streetcar named desire by TN williams

-5 women wearing the same dress by alan ball

-how i learned to drive by paula vogel

-the house of blue leaves by John Guare

-kimberly akimbo by David Lindsay-Abaire

the most obvious plays i can think about right now

(we just finished monologues in acting class :biggrin2:)

OMGsh?!

that was you?!

i feel so honored to be in your...'presence'

:roftl:

that's neat!

i LOVE newsies with my life. :mf_rosetinted: i haven't seen the stage show, but i know the movie and music front to back. ...musical christian bale holds a special place in my heart

I LOVE christian bale so much, i listen to the soundtrack every night, I left my dvd at my friends house forever ago but i rent it like every week. We have cbale parties and watch all of his movies

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be monologue season! I have to do one as well for my Drama Senior 3exam. I'm doing one from The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. Harder than I thought it would be! But it's such a sweet play!!! And I'm doing a prose thing for my other (school) Drama from Spud by John van de Ruit... Anybody know it?

It must be monologue season! I have to do one as well for my Drama Senior 3exam. I'm doing one from The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. Harder than I thought it would be! But it's such a sweet play!!! And I'm doing a prose thing for my other (school) Drama from Spud by John van de Ruit... Anybody know it?

haha, i did a scene from The Importance of Being Earnest last year for drama! :roftl:

No way...me too!

We had to do a duet scene in my drama class last year and we picked TIOBE too..and i was gwendolyn...which scene did you do? we did the one where they find out their engaged to the same man...

I did that one too!!!! :roftl:

"it is my pleasure to tell you i have never seen a spade!"

hee hee

okay!

here's one that my friend did that i thought was pretty good.

MARTHA: In the beginning, I am mean and greedy and selfish. This is symbolized by three things, A: There is a half-finished sculpture of an angel in my garage. B: There is a hungry little boy that sleeps on my doorstep every night that I call the police on. And C: I have a dying father that I haven't talked to in years. Then one day I see the error of my ways. I don't know how, I don't know. But I see it. Then: [Pause, a little smile.] The song comes on. And in the three minute duration of this song. I make all of the changes I need to in my life. They are symbolized by A: I finish the angel sculpture in my garage, and incidentally it is a masterpiece. B: I feed the little hungry boy on my porch, I bring him in the home and incidentally he becomes a senator and loves me. And finally C: I call my Father and tears stream from our eyes as we tell each other we love one another, and incidentally moments later he dies. But I tell him in time. And then moments later all is right in the world and this is symbolized by an ambient, light that my soul generates. [she is choked up.] Excuse me. Excuse me. It's just so dramatic. I do all that in the duration of a three minute song. It frustrates me so that I can't change like that. It is amazing how the people whose stories are told by movies, during the duration of one song, can switch their whole life around. I want a dramatic life like that.

hmm..

i dunno, actually.

but here's one from Noises Off:

Mrs. Clackett

from Noises Off

by Michael Frayn

As the curtain rises, the telephone is ringing. Enter from the service quarters MRS. CLACKETT, a housekeeper. She is carrying an imposing plate of sardines.

MRS. CLACKETT: It's no good you going on. I can't open sardines and answer the phone. I've only got one pair of feet. (puts the sardines down on the telephone table by the sofa, and picks up the phone) Hello. ...Yes, but there's no one here, love.

...No, Mr. Brent's not here. He lives here, yes, but he don't live here now because he lives in Spain.

...Mr. Philip Brent, that's right. The one who writes the plays, that's him, only now he writes them in Spain.

...No, she's in Spain, too, they're all in Spain, there's no one here.

...Am I in Spain? No, I'm not in Spain, dear. I look after the house for them; only I go home at one o'clock on Wednesday, so that's where I am.

...No, because I've got a nice plate of sardines to put my feet up with, and they've got colour here, and it's the royal what's it called -the royal you know -where's the paper, then. ..? (She searches in the newspaper.)

...And if it's to do with letting the house, then, you'll have to ring the house-agents, because they're the agents for the house...Squire, Squire, Hackham and who's the other one...?

...No, they're not in Spain, they're next to the phone in the study. Squire, Squire, Hackham, and... hold on, I'll go and look. (She replaces the receiver.)

I LOVE christian bale so much, i listen to the soundtrack every night, I left my dvd at my friends house forever ago but i rent it like every week. We have cbale parties and watch all of his movies

OMGsh, i know!

my friends and i can't really watch it anymore b/c we'll sing to every time. if we don't, we would cry. i also absolutely despise any part with sarah in it. i mean i enjoy a good cheesy bit now and then, but her scenes make me throw up a little.

lol :bleh:

it seems that everone has done TIOBE and How I Learned to Drive.

amen!

it's just b/c they're so good.

i didn't like the movie though....ew

hmm..

i dunno, actually.

but here's one from Noises Off:

i love noises off!!

we did that my junior year!

STORY:

our set spun around and their was the "show" side and the "backstage side," like it should be. so on stage right of the "show" side was a huge wall. well, one of the characters (my friend ethan) trips and falls down the stairs. so, it was closing night and ethan thought it would be awesome to get his head stuck in the wall first and then fall down the stairs. we scored the wall so when he hit it, his head would go through.

the show goes and we're all waiting for it to happen. when he runs into the wall, the WHOLE side comes off of the 2 story set and falls stage right with him, almost hitting me and another crew member. everyone screamed and we watied for the longest 30 seconds of our lives. ethan emerges from the wall rubble and goes through a set door and plays it off like he just fell down the stairs.

it made me lose a year of my life.

OMGsh!

i just got back from seeing seneca's oedipus.

um....

freaking awesome!

the music-engulfed me

the lights-dazzled me

the acting-captured me

the movements-scared/intrigued me

the show-inspired me

bee-you-tea-full

so, if you can-

you might want to see it somewhere sometime :biggrin2:

oooooh that's awesome!!

there aren't any good plays or musicals going here at the moment. :thumbdown: