MIKA @ Philipshalle, Dusseldorf

Mirtilla

Well, it's quite complicated... :blink: I don't know if there are backstage-passes and that's why I asked you. A friend of mine, Sarah, who's slave I am at university (=student assistant :sneaky2: ) comes from Düsseldorf and as far as I have heard her parents belong to Düsseldorf's upper class or so (something like that) and her mother obviously usually gets tickets (FREE tickets :boxed: ) for all kinds of gigs in DÜS.

So I received an email from Sarah yesterday in which she asked whether I had already planned something for the 3rd of November because she had a GIGANTIC surprise for me. I mailed back and told her about Mika (plus that I was quite sure that she also meant the Mika-gig) & then she wrote back that she was just going to order tickets for me now (she also wanted to go (strange... when I introduced her to Mika some months ago she wasn't so fond of him ("zu poppig")). So I wrote back that I definitely didn't need any more tickets because I already had five of them and then she wrote a few hours later that her mother had finally decided to go herself to see "that Mika-guy". She also added that her mother had got the tickets from the organiser of the gig.

And that made me a bit curious... :boxed:

I asked her whether these tickets her mother gets for free (she is NOT a fan & she gets free tickets... a) that's unfair and b) it makes me sad to know that they are giving away free tickets to fill the Philipshalle :sad:) were some kind of backstage/VIP/meet&greet-passes and Sarah said that she didn't know. But she also added that she had already had backstage-passes for other gigs (5 or 6).... so it might be possible, right?

THAT IS SO UNFAIR!!!! Why do the people that are just friends or family of the organisers get free (possibly VIP-) tickets????

WHAT ABOUT US????? *sniff*

I totally agree Petra, that is SO wrong!!

I know that it 'is the way it is', but it still makes me super angry. So blooming unfair!!!

People who don't even care about Mika get these passes? I mean I don't care about them getting 'free' tickets, I don't mind paying and I actually like it, as it feels like I am actually supporting him, like buying his records,etc...But giving them the chance to meet him is just wrong.

We deserve it more, we actually WANT to meet him so much!!

that's ****ing stupid! i mean, backstage passes are for the crew and maybe the artists family and friends but not just for random people who don't even care!! a backstage pass is something you have to deserve, not something you should get if you're 'important' enough we'll just wait for him outside, i'm sure he prefers to meet his real fans instead of just random people with passes

Agree.

And of course we will wait for him,hehehe, that is the Master Plan, LOL!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so true...

but in the case those are backstage passes or sth you could still ask for them couldn't you? with the excuse that you are a real fan :biggrin2:

I will. I already did ask her but Sarah didn't know... but I'll get on her nerves, that's for sure, hehe.

:boxed: You are right, Petra! That's not fair! But we have to accept that this is the way it is, that's the real life. We can't change it anyway....and since the gig is not sold out yet (strangely enough) they now try to fill up the hall with other "important" people...

I guess, our chances to get backstage passes are....very, very little...

*hugs*

THANK YOU!!! irgendwo find ich es echt peinlich. warum ist dieses land so ein kulturelles loch??

und überhaupt: wieviele leute sind wir hier? und wieviele davon kommen aus deutschland? warum nur, warum? warum sind (fast) alle deutschen so geschmacksverkalkt??? alles oberdoppelriesenmist, grrr :sneaky2:

I totally agree Petra, that is SO wrong!!

I know that it 'is the way it is', but it still makes me super angry. So blooming unfair!!!

People who don't even care about Mika get these passes? I mean I don't care about them getting 'free' tickets, I don't mind paying and I actually like it, as it feels like I am actually supporting him, like buying his records,etc...But giving them the chance to meet him is just wrong.

We deserve it more, we actually WANT to meet him so much!!

Agree.

And of course we will wait for him,hehehe, that is the Master Plan, LOL!!

you're so right!!! *shakes fist* MUTINY!!! hell, we need to do SOMETHING!!! (anybody got an idea?? :boxed::blink: )

that was also the reason why i didn't take sarah's tickets - i don't like the feeling of going to the gig, knowing that i didn't pay & support Mika with that.

another problem ist that I'm with 4 other people - imagine I got backstage-tickets!! I would NEVER get 5 of them! and i couldn't (and NEVER would) let everybody wait outside while I'm having fun with Martin, Luke & their lead-singer. I'd definitely die of a bad conscience.

Oral services. :das:

Oh well. I can see the point. Sadly that is how it generally works: being important enough opens so many doors for you.

...oral services... I hope I got that wrong.

*plans secretly to install cameras in the hostel*

i'm not saying mika's crew works like that!! i like to believe they're decent guys :wink2: it's just what i've seen elsewhere

are these ALWAYS the same guys that organise everything at the gigs? i think every location has different people who work for mika, right? (OMG, my english really sucks). sorry.

in case you know someone who works there (probably a 19-year-old guy who doesn't even know Mika) you'll get in. Vitamin B, as simple as that. (is that vitamin R in english? :D)

THANK YOU!!! irgendwo find ich es echt peinlich. warum ist dieses land so ein kulturelles loch??

und überhaupt: wieviele leute sind wir hier? und wieviele davon kommen aus deutschland? warum nur, warum? warum sind (fast) alle deutschen so geschmacksverkalkt??? alles oberdoppelriesenmist, grrr :sneaky2:

You mean German people are cultuurbarbaren? I love your Scrabblewords anyway. :naughty:

Oral services... I just quoted Rockinbabzz. Don't want to use my imagination on this one though. :biggrin2:

You mean German people are cultuurbarbaren? I love your Scrabblewords anyway. :naughty:

Oral services... I just quoted Rockinbabzz. Don't want to use my imagination on this one though. :biggrin2:

Kulturbarbaren ? yep. Kulturbanausen is also a good word. btw, do you know Dieter Bohlen?

I saw that rockinbabzz used these oral services first :D I thought i had multiquoted her but she wasn't in my reply post and i was just to lazy to get back to quote eveything again.

are these ALWAYS the same guys that organise everything at the gigs? i think every location has different people who work for mika, right? (OMG, my english really sucks). sorry.

in case you know someone who works there (probably a 19-year-old guy who doesn't even know Mika) you'll get in. Vitamin B, as simple as that. (is that vitamin R in english? :D)

mika probably brings his own crew for a lot of stuff like roadie-work and wardrobe and stuff, but there's always the people who work for the venue, and what you say about that is true.

god i sound like a groupie, just so you all know, i've never been backstage at any big concerts, never 'made friends' with crewmembers or anything like that, i'm just the cute little girl waiting at the gate for her heroes to come out :blush-anim-cl:

Kulturbarbaren ? yep. Kulturbanausen is also a good word. btw, do you know Dieter Bohlen?

I saw that rockinbabzz used these oral services first :D I thought i had multiquoted her but she wasn't in my reply post and i was just to lazy to get back to quote eveything again.

Not personally :biggrin2: but he was in Modern Talking, wasn't he? Very eighties anyway, I sort of grew up with their music. :naughty:

The sentence in bold sounds a bit eh... doubtful. Like I said, I don't want to use my imagination on this one. :das:

mika probably brings his own crew for a lot of stuff like roadie-work and wardrobe and stuff, but there's always the people who work for the venue, and what you say about that is true.

god i sound like a groupie, just so you all know, i've never been backstage at any big concerts, never 'made friends' with crewmembers or anything like that, i'm just the cute little girl waiting at the gate for her heroes to come out :blush-anim-cl:

I have just been to ONE concert until now, so... the problem is (for me :sneaky2: ) that I don't want to feel like a groupie. I HATE that feeling because that's what I always came across when I went to the games of the volleyball team of our city (they play pro league). That is so awful!!! I went (and still go) to uni with one of the players and he is a friend and not "a-player-that-I-know" but I always (ALWAYS!!! :thumbdown: ) felt so damn bloody stupid and groupie-esque when I went to him after the games to say hello.

Plus there were always these good-looking (preferably blond (no offence to any blond member of this thread!!!) skinny girls that ran around as if the whole game was a fashion show and NOT a sport event (usually half-naked and so on). And I hate the fact that THEY were always the ones that finally ended up with the players after the games in a bar or something.

What I'm trying to say: if we meet Mika, I want it to be a meeting which doesn't make me feel like a total plonker. I want everybody to see & meet him and not only a selected few. And if it is a selected few and if these selected few turn out to be the same kind of girls that I know from volleyball, then I'm definitely going to *censored due to brutality* every single one of them.

Sorry, I'm frustrated.

Not personally :biggrin2: but he was in Modern Talking, wasn't he? Very eighties anyway, I sort of grew up with their music. :naughty:

The sentence in bold sounds a bit eh... doubtful. Like I said, I don't want to use my imagination on this one. :das:

OMG, I didn't notice. :shocked: (hehe)

i totally understand you petra. it's not groupie-ish to just wait after a gig and meet your idol, that's what fans do and there's nothing wrong with it! and if he's too busy or doesnt come out, thats a shame but not the end of the world. girls who are willing to sell their bodies to meet someone are sillier then actual whores, at least they make a living out of it

i totally understand you petra. it's not groupie-ish to just wait after a gig and meet your idol, that's what fans do and there's nothing wrong with it! and if he's too busy or doesnt come out, thats a shame but not the end of the world. girls who are willing to sell their bodies to meet someone are sillier then actual whores, at least they make a living out of it

hell yeah, i like that! you're damn good!!! Bedankt!

I'd love to meet Mika but I don't want to stand in front of him, totally starstruck and red in the face. He won't remember me, hat's quite clear, but... that's embarrassing :(

I think Sariflor will understand what I mean, hehe (Sara, you still owe me an answer!!!)

I have just been to ONE concert until now, so... the problem is (for me :sneaky2: ) that I don't want to feel like a groupie. I HATE that feeling because that's what I always came across when I went to the games of the volleyball team of our city (they play pro league). That is so awful!!! I went (and still go) to uni with one of the players and he is a friend and not "a-player-that-I-know" but I always (ALWAYS!!! :thumbdown: ) felt so damn bloody stupid and groupie-esque when I went to him after the games to say hello.

Plus there were always these good-looking (preferably blond (no offence to any blond member of this thread!!!) skinny girls that ran around as if the whole game was a fashion show and NOT a sport event (usually half-naked and so on). And I hate the fact that THEY were always the ones that finally ended up with the players after the games in a bar or something.

What I'm trying to say: if we meet Mika, I want it to be a meeting which doesn't make me feel like a total plonker. I want everybody to see & meet him and not only a selected few. And if it is a selected few and if these selected few turn out to be the same kind of girls that I know from volleyball, then I'm definitely going to *censored due to brutality* every single one of them.

Sorry, I'm frustrated.

quote]

I totally agree with the whole 'groupie' explanation, I also feel VERY strongly about it.

But as for 'selected few' meeting him....of course that is right.....If WE are the selected few!!!

hahaha!!!:mf_lustslow: I couldn't help myself there,sorry,LOL!

that is so correct!!

I'd love to meet Mika but I don't want to stand in front of him, totally starstruck and red in the face. He won't remember me, hat's quite clear, but... that's embarrassing :(

I think Sariflor will understand what I mean, hehe (Sara, you still owe me an answer!!!)

I know!! I had totally forgotten!!! Sorry, I promise I will do it soon!:roftl::blush-anim-cl:

hi petra and all of you!

i'm happy to meet you soon;

for what you say petra,i met mika at colmar,we were just 4 girls,and we just joked with him,so happy to see him,but nobody was red or something else,but i didn't know what i had to say(and think sometimes about it...but finally,can't say something intersting).

do you understand?

and after,we seen him,but we were a lot,not a personnal meet.

come on girls, don't be upset about the whole backstage thing, even if we dont meet him we'll have a great night, we'll be hearing him singing, seeing him dancing, we'll be front row, catching his sweat, wearing diademen. it's gonna be awesome. and if this boy has any sense he'll come say hi to us afterwards, we're his fans, without us he's nowhere! *grouphug*

come on girls, don't be upset about the whole backstage thing, even if we dont meet him we'll have a great night, we'll be hearing him singing, seeing him dancing, we'll be front row, catching his sweat, wearing diademen. it's gonna be awesome. and if this boy has any sense he'll come say hi to us afterwards, we're his fans, without us he's nowhere! *grouphug*

Yeah your right :punk:

Group hug hug.gif

hi petra and all of you!

i'm happy to meet you soon;

for what you say petra,i met mika at colmar,we were just 4 girls,and we just joked with him,so happy to see him,but nobody was red or something else,but i didn't know what i had to say(and think sometimes about it...but finally,can't say something intersting).

do you understand?

and after,we seen him,but we were a lot,not a personnal meet.

Awww, you're all so sweet!!!!

Oh Fanny, I'll get TOTAL PANIC when I'm standing in front of someone like Mika!!! (ok, i never met someone like him, so...) I won't be able to ...ehm psychologically bear it (hope you know what i mean)... :tears: HELP!!!!!!!!

but does he know that WE are the fans??? I'm one of those people that don't dance, don't sing and don't show ANY sign of having fun although i'm enjoying everything... ok, that sounds strange but I hope you know what I mean. He doesn't know us and he will probably never have wasted a look into THIS thread here. And I don't think that I will look like a MFCer when I just stand there and don't move at all. Oh, I'd LOVE to meet him! But I'll definitely just stand there and.... yeah, stand there (and hopefully NOT faint or get a nervous breakdown or a heart attack or something). I won't be able to say a word (neither in english, german, french nor kisuaheli) and I'll feel soooooo bad afterwards. But I'd love to meet him. I'd really love to meet him. HELP!!! I think meeting him might be like... eating 1kg of chocolate+using drugs+getting a gigantic adrenalin-injection+getting a new album+ending world hunger & poverty.

I should go to bed. Oh dear.

Btw, my father just told me that he knew how to get songs from vinyl to mp3. So I'll hopefully have "Standing in the Way of Control" soon... *knocks on wood*

Awww, you're all so sweet!!!!

Oh Fanny, I'll get TOTAL PANIC when I'm standing in front of someone like Mika!!! (ok, i never met someone like him, so...) I won't be able to ...ehm psychologically bear it (hope you know what i mean)... :tears: HELP!!!!!!!!

but does he know that WE are the fans??? I'm one of those people that don't dance, don't sing and don't show ANY sign of having fun although i'm enjoying everything... ok, that sounds strange but I hope you know what I mean. He doesn't know us and he will probably never have wasted a look into THIS thread here. And I don't think that I will look like a MFCer when I just stand there and don't move at all. Oh, I'd LOVE to meet him! But I'll definitely just stand there and.... yeah, stand there (and hopefully NOT faint or get a nervous breakdown or a heart attack or something). I won't be able to say a word (neither in english, german, french nor kisuaheli) and I'll feel soooooo bad afterwards. But I'd love to meet him. I'd really love to meet him. HELP!!! I think meeting him might be like... eating 1kg of chocolate+using drugs+getting a gigantic adrenalin-injection+getting a new album+ending world hunger & poverty.

I should go to bed. Oh dear.

Btw, my father just told me that he knew how to get songs from vinyl to mp3. So I'll hopefully have "Standing in the Way of Control" soon... *knocks on wood*

Hey Petra!

Don't worry too much! I'm sure we'll have a great time!!! :punk:

Why don't we just all wear MFC buttons? So everybody would know immediatelly that we're MFClers! :wink2: