MIKA @ Philipshalle, Dusseldorf

Mirtilla

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the BBC album: I love the song by The View (I lost the name), You're So Vain by The Feeling and Flowers in the Rain by the Kaiser Chiefs. And the rest is quite nice too, except for the two I mentioned earlier. I still can't get used to the Mika & Armand combination... :blink:

I have the original Missionary Man. If anyone is interested... try THIS - you have to save it to your harddisk first. I hope it works.

Waves with a fence? Zwaait met een hekje? What is the German expression?

Lorna is a sweetie. But the band loves Sara too and that is why I think she's cool. :wink2:

[Edit] I tested the link and it seems to work.

Country??? I thought it was a hula version! :roftl: :roftl:

Link is working! You're so great! :punk::wub2: Yeah, that actually sounds good! Makes Mika's words (those you can actually hear) quite more understandable! Thank you!

Holy Johnny reminded me of some western music... :roftl: HOOOOOOOOOOLY!!!!!

(btw, the German version would be "Wink mit dem Zaunpfahl"... do I understand it correct that you Dutch people wave with bushes, not fences? (hekje))

Pretty close... I'm in wagon 34 seat 35. What time is your train leaving the next day?

Der Zaunpfahl sagt mir nichts. I don't even know if we have a similar expression in Dutch. :naughty:

15:14, wagon 23, seat 51

I still can't get used to the Mika & Armand combination... :blink:

Lorna is a sweetie. But the band loves Sara too and that is why I think she's cool. :wink2:

Ha, I don't like that Mika & Armand thing,sorry, In fact I hate it! Can't hear Mika's voice, and to my taste the music is destroyed...

About Lorna, I loved her, she was sooo nice and normal and sweet, and classy....I thought she was a great girl and of course I miss her, although I understand that she needs and wants her own life.

Regarding Sara, I think that she's mostly ok, she certainly has a fantastic voice, but about your post "the band loves Sara too", I say : "do they actually have a choice?":biggrin2:

Regarding Sara, I think that she's mostly ok, she certainly has a fantastic voice, but about your post "the band loves Sara too", I say : "do they actually have a choice?":biggrin2:

Haha, indeed... But hey.... does all the flirting on stage look natural? :das:

Haha, indeed... But hey.... does all the flirting on stage look natural? :das:

I must have missed something...I saw her attempt a weird "lap dance style" sexy dance on Mikey's back in Barcelona, and then in a video some other "back-on-back" dancey thing with Martin.....I think that that is what kind of puts me off her a bit....

I can't help but prefering Cherisse and Lorna's sweetness and naturality.

I may get beaten for this, but to me being sexy is not about trying to be sexy or act sexy, it's just about "being". And as much as I think that she is a great singer, I don't like her "sexy act".

What did you mean by flirting on stage?

With who?

I think I have to see it with my own eyes, I only heard/read reports so far. But I agree with you about the 'being sexy' and 'acting sexy'. Oh well... my countdown thingie on MySpace says 'only 10 days until...'. :wink2:

Wow,that's early!

You beat me, I'll be taking a bus to the airport at 6 am...And I was feeling sorry for myself,hehe.....

=) Yeah, I have to be there at about 5:15....quite early actually...I should really try to get some sleep in the night beofre!!! :biggrin2:

I don't really like that Missionary Man. But here the reason could really be that I haven't heard a version without screams and stuff in it.

I'm in love with MISSIONARY MAN :wub2:

I'm sure you will love it once you'll have heard it live!!!!!

I'm in love with MISSIONARY MAN :wub2:

I'm sure you will love it once you'll have heard it live!!!!!

Hehe, I was checking out my own link and I forget that I set my Media Player on repeat. So MM is on a loop now - since an hour or so. :biggrin2:

it's one of my favourite Eurythmics songs. Together with Sweet Dreams, When Tomorrow Comes and Here Comes The Rain Again. I actually like Mikas version but to be honest I liked Mikas version better.

:boxed: I'm confused! :roftl:

Well. I can't sing (although Hannah said I would have "a nice singing voice") but I'd give it a try if it would help. I don't really want someone who tries to be a sexy dancer on stage (except for Mika but that's probably not really THE definition of "dancing" (as he said in an interview :naughty:) ); so I'd victimise myself and take Sara's place. :blink: It would be a pleasure to work for you all! I'll definitely NOT dance or look fake-sexy in any kind of way. :bleh:

I think faster than I type - or the other way round. :naughty:

I forgot to mention Sweet Dreams. What I wanted to say is that I like Mikas version of Sweet Dreams better than his version of Missionary Man. I don't know if that will change as soon as I've seen/heard it live. I am so in love with Sweet Dreams... :wub2:

plus of course everything else from the album. but stuck in the middle and my interpretation have always been my favourites! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

they are not nevcessary my favourites, but live they're just... :wub2:

Stuck in the Middle! My favourite from the first day I heard the album... :wub2:

I looooooove the version he played at the secret gig in Reading, the acoustic session with Martin. And not only because of Martin, it's just... well I think it's the best version of SITM that I've ever heard.