Mika Mail 2 - Secret Santa

Should MM2 parcels be opened before Christmas Day?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Should MM2 parcels be opened before Christmas Day?

• Ofcourse they blooming should i want to see whats in it!
    • I vote yes even though im not a MMer - let them have their presents.
    • I vote no even though im not an MMer - presents are for Christmas only.
    • No way - Its a secret santa - santa doesnt come in November or early December

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just about to bump this for somebody then say i hadnt put myself on the list lol.

I know it defeats the object for me, but i can send presents and can even it out if we have an odd number, if not then i wont count.

I thought it would work in alittle different way.

My thought is:

I send a present to a member who you choose for me, and another member (who is not a reciever of my present) sends it to me. In this way, you don't have to worry the number is odd or not.

What do you think?

I thought it would work in alittle different way.

My thought is:

I send a present to a member who you choose for me, and another member (who is not a reciever of my present) sends it to me. In this way, you don't have to worry the number is odd or not.

What do you think?

That is the general idea but you need the right numbers so no one is left out - because otherwise someone will send but not recieve one unless my calculations are wrong.

Did you add me in the end?

I posted ages ago on page 2. :thumb_yello:

To all those who posted a 'this is a cool idea' message or even said 'im in' on the thread who arent on the list - you need to follow the instructions before you get added.

See First Post!

I do not add from messages saying can i join in the thread itself.

:P i like the idea...

but wouldn't it be better if we had the name of who it is?? incase we were to get a boy and bought him girlie things:lmfao: trust me it would be me that did that

You get a real name - so for instance someone might be called Love!Love!Mika on here but whos real name might be James Smith or Miss.Anne Example.

You can work out someones gender from the real name.

You get a real name - so for instance someone might be called Love!Love!Mika on here but whos real name might be James Smith or Miss.Anne Example.

You can work out someones gender from the real name.

ohoh i want Anne Exapmle :lol3:

obviously we can work out gender from name:doh: even i'm not that stupid!

lol thanks pink!

ohoh i want Anne Exapmle :lol3:

obviously we can work out gender from name:doh: even i'm not that stupid!

lol thanks pink!

*cough*

v

v

v

:P i like the idea...

but wouldn't it be better if we had the name of who it is?? incase we were to get a boy and bought him girlie things:lmfao: trust me it would be me that did that

Hunnyangel if you have real trouble come and find me and i will tell you if it is a boy or a girl :) Ok sweetie? :P

:lmfao:

ok now you make me sound tree like... MEGA THICK!!

no seriously i didn't see the bit about getting the real name not the screen name:wink2:

sorry, i'm not that bad!

I'd like to do this but perhaps we should have some kind of spending guideline?

That's what we've always done, when me and my friends do Secret Santa.

That way everyone gets a present of a similar value and no one spends alot of money then gets something significantly less back.

I ended up spending alot more than I had thought on my MikaMail.

I'd like to do this but perhaps we should have some kind of spending guideline?

That's what we've always done, when me and my friends do Secret Santa.

That way everyone gets a present of a similar value and no one spends alot of money then gets something significantly less back.

I ended up spending alot more than I had thought on my MikaMail.

Well without knowing who you are sending to or who is sending to you it makes that impossible.

I think the general consensus is that you send what you feel like sending.

Obviously younger members have more restricted ranges but still.

Obviously with these things you never go over the top but it is up to user generosity.

In that case I'm going to give this a miss, it's just a little too unpredictable.

Okay :)

But just to let the others know - unpredictablity is the key.

After all i wouldnt be a 'secret santa' if you knew everything.

If you read the joining info you should know that you can specify things in needs be such as age, gender, location in order to help but the idea is that you do not know the person you are sending things too so you are not biased.

The person you are sending things to WILL NOT be the person you will recieve something from.

Thanks for adding me in! I wouldn't know what to buy though. Sometimes i feel like i go OTT, but then i sometimes feel like a right cheapskate....

Ill have a think.....

Last year me and my mates did Secret Santa Sock Puppets, where we pulled the names out the hat and made a sock puppet that looked like the person we got. It was well funny!

Thanks for adding me in! I wouldn't know what to buy though. Sometimes i feel like i go OTT, but then i sometimes feel like a right cheapskate....

Ill have a think.....

Last year me and my mates did Secret Santa Sock Puppets, where we pulled the names out the hat and made a sock puppet that looked like the person we got. It was well funny!

Sounds Interesting :P

everyone seems to have some sock puppet facination at the mo