London accomodation ideas ? ....

mikas_gal07

yes i remember it aswell still a sore point - true i still managed to get to the front but the people in the second queue showed no remorse at all for queue jumping we had been stood there for hours and it just made us all Grrrrr

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh if only it was that simple.

no basically what it is ...if you go to the bar and get your ticket stamped you get to start up another queue ahead of the people who have been queing up for several hours.

And therefore get let in first because you have brought a drink...

this pisses everyone off and causes a riot :naughty:

Eh?? Are you telling me I can just walk in and buy a drink and not waste my time in the first queue? I don't get it. Who is standing in the first queue and not buying drinks? Under 18s?

I don't understand anything about this crazy setup. I can't believe a venue this large doesn't have everyone seated. Especially if people are crammed together and there's alcohol involved. It sounds like a recipe for disaster.

yes i remember it aswell still a sore point - true i still managed to get to the front but the people in the second queue showed no remorse at all for queue jumping we had been stood there for hours and it just made us all Grrrrr

i got to the front too , but didnt start queing till 6.15 pm , i was impressed with myself :naughty::wink2:

Hello sweet! :biggrin2: Alright? Did you read that stuff about my phone? I:thumbdown: 'm really sorry - you must have wondered why i never texted you back. lol!!! :roftl:

oh yeah i did wonder why you didnt text back but i just thought it was my fone being arsy as always :naughty: :naughty:

Who would bother queueing up to be first to go to the toilet? :blink:

ha well you would be surprised many people do head to the loo first thing i remember getting a front row spot at leeds then going to the toilet while tia held my place the queue for the loo went right back into the main entrance hallway!!!!

Okay, so what do you recommend? I buy a drink so I can jump the queue and then give it to someone else so I don't have to use the toilet?

I'm an old broad so I'm really not up for standing around all day and night, especially with limited time in London. But Suzy and I are short so we're not going to be able to see over 10,000 heads.

Okay, so what do you recommend? I buy a drink so I can jump the queue and then give it to someone else so I don't have to use the toilet?

I'm an old broad so I'm really not up for standing around all day and night, especially with limited time in London. But Suzy and I are short so we're not going to be able to see over 10,000 heads.

does the venue hold 10,000 ? :blink:

I THINK BIRMINGHAM WAS 3000

i think

ermmm well im sure people will be leaving the queuing up till the last minute due to the cold weather conditions EXCEPT for us die hard fans from the mfc who i expect wont be able to move by the time doors open LOL

Oh God it's gonna far harder than if it was summer... We're gonna be so f***g cold... The cold outside but the heat inside, dying of thirst but if you drink = you need to go to the loo and might lose your place...

It's funny because before Mika I ALWAYS wanted to be in the seated area for my own comfort... But now I've been first row once and seen how great it is and I just want to go front row at every gig...

I often can't see over any head in front of me - even if its only one head.

If we're all planning to meet other MFCers anyway, why don't we just do it in the queue. Mug of hot coffee or tea in hand (bucket of Maltesers a bonus). We kill two birds with one stone (ew- i hate that expression). Find a cheap stool/chair/blanket to sit on, from a thrift shop to discard once we get inside...We all choose a time to meet to line up together, like I dunno, 4pm?

It's funny because before Mika I ALWAYS wanted to be in the seated area for my own comfort... But now I've been first row once and seen how great it is and I just want to go front row at every gig...

I want to be in the front row too, but I'd rather pay for the privilege than stand around all day and night. Time is money and all of that.

I also hope that once MFC is official we will get first refusal on the best seats. That's how it works with many fan clubs.

I want to be in the front row too, but I'd rather pay for the privilege than stand around all day and night. Time is money and all of that.

I also hope that once MFC is official we will get first refusal on the best seats. That's how it works with many fan clubs.

I'm like you Christine on this one. If it only costs me a coffee or a beer to get the privilege to go first, so be it.

im not sure how that would work though here in the uk as with most tickets its really first come first serve as to where you are when you get into the venue..it would require vip status to get the mfc members in first which isnt gonna happen :boxed:

im not sure how that would work though here in the uk as with most tickets its really first come first serve as to where you are when you get into the venue..it would require vip status to get the mfc members in first which isnt gonna happen :boxed:

I was referring to an all-seated venue. People often lament Mika getting too big to play small clubs, but that day has already come. I'd rather see Mika in the Air Canada Centre in Toronto (capacity 20,000) than queue up outside for 5 hours in the middle of a Canadian winter.

Does Wembley have seats on the floor? I've been to the London Arena but I can't remember the setup as I was seated in the stands anyway.