London accomodation ideas ? ....

mikas_gal07

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate the cold. :thumbdown: My body was made in the tropics for the tropics.

I will be bringing those thingamajigs that you can put in your mitts. They heat up when you tear open the package and last for hours. And ear muffs too.

I will be bringing those thingamajigs that you can put in your mitts. They heat up when you tear open the package and last for hours. And ear muffs too.

Oh yeah that's a good idea! I'm not sure they sell this in France though... I'll investigate...

Better use ski socks too :naughty: ! Nothing worse than when your feet get horribly cold...

oh if only it was that simple.

no basically what it is ...if you go to the bar and get your ticket stamped you get to start up another queue ahead of the people who have been queing up for several hours.

And therefore get let in first because you have brought a drink...

this pisses everyone off and causes a riot :naughty:

Ok, so if all we have to do to get on the 'preferential' queue is buy a drink, then I am up for it!!!

I'd rather pay for the drink, thank you very much:naughty:

I often can't see over any head in front of me - even if its only one head.

If we're all planning to meet other MFCers anyway, why don't we just do it in the queue. Mug of hot coffee or tea in hand (bucket of Maltesers a bonus). We kill two birds with one stone (ew- i hate that expression). Find a cheap stool/chair/blanket to sit on, from a thrift shop to discard once we get inside...We all choose a time to meet to line up together, like I dunno, 4pm?

Ok, I think that I will have to give this 'queueing' business a LOT more thought than I had. :blink: It's true that it's the winter....

The stool idea is definitely a good one that I will also follow, cause sitting on the ground in the cold just sounds like a bad idea- I'd be fossilized by the time they open!

But what about taking too much stuff like blankets and so, what do you do with them afterwards?

Also if there is a good number of us there, we can take turns to go and get a drink and go to the toilet in a coffee house, no?

Oh yeah that's a good idea! I'm not sure they sell this in France though... I'll investigate...

Better use ski socks too :naughty: ! Nothing worse than when your feet get horribly cold...

I'll bring extra if I can. Maybe it will be a valued commodity that I can use to trade up for a better place in the queue. :wink2:

I'm thinking lots of layers so we can just tie jackets around our waist. I'd love to get bundled up but the only thing worse than freezing my ass off outside is passing out from the heat on the inside.

Might bring some dollar store towels and there's a super cheap clothes shop just east of King/Yonge where we could get disposable fleece and leggings if necessary. I've also got some old stuff around the house that I was looking to give to Goodwill.

This will leave lots of room in the return suitcase for choccies :biggrin2:

most of us in this thread are attending all three :thumb_yello:

iv only got tickets for the brix ones,i have this awful feeling of being sat in on my own if i dont find a hammersmith 1:( i keep checking ebay (i hate ebay) for 1 ticket but if anyone does hear about a spare please bare me in mind... thanks

Okay, so what do you recommend? I buy a drink so I can jump the queue and then give it to someone else so I don't have to use the toilet?

I'm an old broad so I'm really not up for standing around all day and night, especially with limited time in London. But Suzy and I are short so we're not going to be able to see over 10,000 heads.

im old and short too Lol

iv only got tickets for the brix ones,i have this awful feeling of being sat in on my own if i dont find a hammersmith 1:( i keep checking ebay (i hate ebay) for 1 ticket but if anyone does hear about a spare please bare me in mind... thanks

Im sure there will be some more come up soon tia :thumb_yello: i will keep my eye out for ya too :wink2: what about this tia ... 55.00 but there standing :biggrin2:http://www.seatwave.com/mika-tickets/season

okay Tia i will keep an eye out for you but most of the time there are touts on the doors selling tickets so if you cant find one before hand there is always chance in the queue on the day :thumb_yello:

thx hun, iv never heard of seatwave, anyone used them b4? i usually buy from seetickets but left it too late for this one

I think if you look inthe extra ticket thread , im sure rak1 said she used them ... i might be wrong , but they said they were way better than ebay :thumb_yello:

im around but been at work all day im probably not the ideal person to talk to tonight because i literally came home yelled at everyone who was in my pathway.

im just in a mood tonight over something yet nothing :blink:

hellooooo ! :thumb_yello: why whats happened ? :boxed:

5ppl where killed on the m4 near me and i couldn get my daughter 2 school and got stuck in traffic for 2 hours just going around a block:blink: and iv spent the day in the house feeling kinda trapped:sneaky2: so iv missed a days work which i will somehow have to catch up and i dont know how i will.

anyways hows your day been?

im around but been at work all day im probably not the ideal person to talk to tonight because i literally came home yelled at everyone who was in my pathway.

im just in a mood tonight over something yet nothing :blink:

awww hugs bexx cos i get like that, is anything wrong or just a mood?

ill leave u alone hun, would another doctor who joke help?:biggrin2: