What is mika's religion? (I know this is a private matter...just wondering..)

Cezia

Why thank you.:biggrin2:

Try doing it with really bad menstrual cramps. UP DOWN, UP DOWN, UP DOWN.

Is there like, some instructional guide on how to be Catholic for new people, or something? :lmfao: I went to Easter Mass at St. Thomas' in NYC the Easter before last, and it was confusing. :blink:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, just saw you added this.

My house is sort of like the Berlin Wall of religion.

All the people to one side of my house HATE Catholics, and they're all Lutheran German. Only one Catholic church that I know of.

Everyone on the other side are completely Catholic, and they're all Polish, Italian, Irish... There's hardly any protestant churches in the entire city.

Mine is the complete opposite. I'm in the Bible Belt, though, and that's why. In my area, particularly, there are a lot of Baptists, Jehovah's Witnesses and Presbyterian churches. The closest Catholic church is about an hour's drive away.

Is there like, some instructional guide on how to be Catholic for new people, or something? :lmfao: I went to Easter Mass at St. Thomas' in NYC last Easter, and it was confusing. :blink:

Hahaha, you should see my mom. She's not Catholic, so she's like... "I'll just do whatever you do."

So if I rub my nose because it itches, she does it. Or at least watches everyone else to see if they do it, too.

By the way, what religion are you, Hannah?

I mean, I know you're Christian, but what denomination?

Ah, now that is a complicated question.

I was born into a devout Protestant, Baptist family, and raised that way, but by the age of about fifteen, I stopped calling myself Baptist, because that's really when my religion fascination began. I read books on many different religions, particularly the different denominations of Christianity, and just decided that I wasn't going to call myself anything. I am a Christian, but I don't really follow the hardcore Protestant traditions (ie: If you taste alcohol you have committed something horrible). I just think that your soul and relationship with God is the most important thing, and not what type of church you go to or whether you think that "this" is wrong or "that" is wrong. I just say "non-denominational" if someone asks. :thumb_yello:

hi everybody:wink2: I am christian,I am in the church of jesus christ of later days saints,sometimes people call us 'the mormons" we are christians.

I LOVE MIKA IS THE BEST ARTIST EVER!!!!! :roftl::mf_lustslow::thumb_yello:

That's cool! There aren't many Mormons on here. Hilary (heineken22) is a Mormon, too.:wink2:

Ah, now that is a complicated question.

I was born into a devout Protestant, Baptist family, and raised that way, but by the age of about fifteen, I stopped calling myself Baptist, because that's really when my religion fascination began. I read books on many different religions, particularly the different denominations of Christianity, and just decided that I wasn't going to call myself anything. I am a Christian, but I don't really follow the hardcore Protestant traditions (ie: If you taste alcohol you have committed something horrible). I just think that your soul and relationship with God is the most important thing, and not what type of church you go to or whether you think that "this" is wrong or "that" is wrong. I just say "non-denominational" if someone asks. :thumb_yello:

I pretty much did the same thing. My mom was Lutheran, now she goes to a Methodist church. Anyway, a couple years ago I just started studying different religions (like you, most of them were different parts of Christianity, but I was reading about Hinduism, and some other things) and I thought Catholicism made the most sense. So I decided to convert.

I seem to fit in better with more of my Catholic friends, oddly enough.

And as far as the alcohol thing goes, that made me laugh pretty hard. Not because of what you said, but when I was reading it, I was picturing my Catholic church. For the Christmas auction thing, they have a "basket of cheer" as one of the prizes you can win. I asked my neighbor a long time ago what it was, and she goes "Just a big box of alcohol."

Anyway, a couple years ago I just started studying different religions (like you, most of them were different parts of Christianity, but I was reading about Hinduism, and some other things) and I thought Catholicism made the most sense. So I decided to convert.

When I bought my book on Catholicism the other day (I've studied a lot about different Christian religions as well as Judaism, but for my interest in Catholicism, I've surprisingly studied very little) and I started reading it, I, too, think that it makes the most sense. About the apocrypha and all of that, I'm just thinking: "I've been raised into Protestantism my entire life, which doesn't even cover the other seven books of the Bible, and now that I read about them, I just want to go out and buy a Catholic Bible." I told my mother about how Martin Luther, a MAN, decided on not including those seven books in the Protestant version of the Bible simply because of what HE believed, completely disregarding the fact that they were also inspired writings, and that what is known as the Catholic Bible was the original, true Bible that was used and practiced in the time of Jesus (only the Old Testament, of course, as the New Testament hadn't been written), and I actually think that it made HER question the Protestant Bible, which is really saying something because she's STRICT. The book that I bought has only, so far, covered "What is God?" "Who was Jesus?" and "The Catholic Bible," and I can't wait to read more.

Well my dad's Jewish, so he pretty much hates me for it.

But my mom's really open about it, and said she might end up converting later in life. She took the classes with me, and she really likes my Priest. Anyway, it really is interesting. Everybody's just like "Ohhh, the Catholics added books to the Bible for convenience." But honestly, it's the Protestants who took the books out for their convenience. Everything just got so lost in translation.

But yea. I'm lucky that my mom's so cool about everything. She's trying to find a "nice, Catholic" boy for me.:roftl:

I'm a methodist... I was born into the same church as my father, and some of my ancestors are charter members of my church.

Methodists are pretty accepting of other people... we have a lot of women pastors, are okay w/ other denominations, etc,etc,etc...

However, I lot of my Baptist friends aren't(no offense to any Baptists, but, I've known some pretty judgmental Baptists) One girl told my friend she is going to heck for being jewish, and "the baptist down the road(there's a baptist chruch right down the road from my church with a similar name but a trillion tiems bigger and shinier)" told my parents they were going to heck for not being baptists...;

There's a lot of joking between Methodists and baptists, and only some of it is playful...

There have been a lot of problems between Protestants and Catholics in the past... its so crazy, and really sad too

I was raised as a Baptist...i dont have a religion currently....i try to take good things from different religions and am intriqued bu Budhism (although i do not inted to convert to it).

My husband in a muslim, my kids will choose later in life and are visiting a christian school at the moment.