Mika vs Mika: The Mikster might have to change his name...

Niki27

What a load of TWADDLE!!! I'm actually outraged!!

Mika won't change his name, I know he wont, but are they gonna sue Mika Nakashima for having the same name?!?! (okay so that might be her REAL name but it's still the same!)

AND YOU CANT EXPECT MIKA TO KNOW ABOUT OTHER SINGERS WITH THE SAME NAME!!!!! Especially when they're not even famous!!!!

FFS!!!!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if the copyright is only for belgium, why bother? He could change his name only there. I thought one english band did that too here in holland, not quite sure which one. But erm.. she's not getting more fans with this, I tell you. Plus, she'll never get big under the name 'Mika' anymore.

that was busted, because there was another band called busted in holland. busted ended up calling themselves "bust" whenever they went there rofl xDDD i dont know why i remember that :blink:

So now we know about at least four Mika, there is a Japaneese female singer and a guy who drives rally cars.

They are not going to sue our Mika as far as I know!:thumb_yello:

Maybe this is her way to get a little more famous?:sneaky2:

So now we know about at least four Mika, there is a Japaneese female singer and a guy who drives rally cars.

it probably is so that she can get her name out there, but it's not exactly GOOD publicity. Stupid cow.

In the last 6 months I have googled past many a Mika, but I never found a Belgian one :doh:

exactly. what a moose.

Any other Mika that's been performing long before 1983 so that (s)he can sue the Belgian one? ;)

I know a fifth. A french singer whose name is Mika.

We should make a list and send her!!! :naughty:

Any other Mika that's been performing long before 1983 so that (s)he can sue the Belgian one? ;)

They'd need to have protected their artist name as well I guess :blink: Stupid that you can protect a name like that! Some dude who made a couple of movies in Denmark protected his name, so now a guy I know will have to ask the actor dude's permission if he wants to give his children a name that has been in their family for generations :doh:

They'd need to have protected their artist name as well I guess :blink: Stupid that you can protect a name like that! Some dude who made a couple of movies in Denmark protected his name, so now a guy I know will have to ask the actor dude's permission if he wants to give his children a name that has been in their family for generations :doh:

You joke?! :boxed: How can it be possible? We live in a strange world.

I just googled "mika belgian singer" and a link for a page on last.fm was one of the results. It discusses the different singers named Mika...there's our Mika, an electronic act from Austria, a Haitian singer, and the Belgian Mika that wants to cause so much trouble. Look at the differences in descriptions of our Mika and the Belgian one:

1) Mika (born Michael Holbrook Penniman in 1983) is a Beirut-born, Paris and London-raised, London-based singer who has a contract with Island Records and used to attend Westminster School. He first appeared on BBC Radio 1 in September 2006. He has a background in classical songwriting.

His long awaited first album Life In Cartoon Motion was commercially released on 5th February 2007. It has a coming of age theme, and deals with the transition from childhood to his current position in life. His debut single was Relax, Take It Easy (2006) though the second single Grace Kelly seemed to garner more media attention. It was penned after producers tried to make him change his image to become a celebrity. He has called it his "f*** you" song. In January 2007 he took the UK charts by storm; his second single Grace Kelly charted at Nº3 with downloads alone, and climbed to Nº1 on January 21, 2007.

In December 2006, more than 130 UK-based music critics and broadcasters took part in the BBC's prestigious Sound of 2007 music poll and MIKA was named the best new talent for 2007.

Official website: http://www.mikasounds.com

4) As one of the few reggae Girls in Europe, the Belgian MIKA has been playing the finest roots reggae for several years. She mixes Reggae with Rock and diverses occidental music with a ethnical grec touch.

Notice the difference in length? Hmmm...

I know a fifth. A french singer whose name is Mika.

We should make a list and send her!!! :naughty:

:naughty:

The Mika list:

MIKA (the real one :naughty: )

MIKA (Austrian band)

Mika (Indian singer)

Mika (French singer)

Mika Nakashima (Japanese singer)

Mika (Haitian singer)

Mika Häkkinen (Finnish Formula 1 dude)

Mika Vandborg (Danish guitarist )

Mika (39 546 Finnish people)

Mika (unknown but probably large number of Japanese people)

Mika (guinea pig)

who did I forget? oh wait:

Mika (completely unknown Belgian raggae singer) :blink:

The Mika list:

MIKA (Austrian band)

Mika (Indian singer)

Mika (French singer)

Mika (a couple of million Japanese and Finnish people)

That's a lot of Mika's! Why the least famous of all of them wants to cause so much trouble is completely beyond me.

Can i just ask that we stop bashing the other Mika?

This is my fav area of law because there are few presidents and very little support for any ruling.

I for one would love this to go to court from an academic point of view.

IMO the key thing here is when Our Mika started calling himself Mika rather than Mica.

If it was soley in a performance way then he might have problems....

That said I would hate for him to have to alter it!

I just googled "mika belgian singer" and a link for a page on last.fm was one of the results. It discusses the different singers named Mika...there's our Mika, an electronic act from Austria, a Haitian singer, and the Belgian Mika that wants to cause so much trouble. Look at the differences in descriptions of our Mika and the Belgian one:

Notice the difference in length? Hmmm...

hahahaha :lmao: that belgian Mika is just so...so looking for fame basically xDDD

she's a complete moose! a joke even!!! at first when i read the front page i was furious, but now im just laughing at her xDDD i feel sorry for her that she's taking such drastic action over a silly thing such as a name. my name's caroline. there are plenty of others with that name. im not gonna copyright my name and then sue every other caroline on the damn planet. hahaha. maybe her music isnt doing too well and sueing people is the only other way she can get loads of cash fast xDDD

The Mika list:

MIKA (Austrian band)

Mika (Indian singer)

Mika (French singer)

Mika (a couple of million Japanese and Finnish people)

Ha, ha!

Kata, that's great!:naughty: