Mika vs Mika: The Mikster might have to change his name...

Niki27

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:naughty:

The Mika list:

MIKA (the real one :naughty: )

MIKA (Austrian band)

Mika (Indian singer)

Mika (French singer)

Mika Nakashima (Japanese singer)

Mika (Haitian singer)

Mika Häkkinen (Finnish Formula 1 dude)

Mika Vandborg (Danish guitarist )

Mika (39 546 Finnish people)

Mika (unknown but probably large number of Japanese people)

Mika (guinea pig)

who did I forget? oh wait:

Mika (completely unknown Belgian raggae singer) :blink:

There are 2 very popular "Nelly's" in the North American music scene too:

1. Nelly = Rap artist, man, African American

2. Nelly = Nelly Furtado, singer-songwriter,woman, Portugese-Canadian

I haven't come across any of these Nelly's suing eachother...

yep..one of my cats is named Nelly too.

Funny... you see my name is Suzanne and there are many Suzanne's out there like Suzanne Vega, Suzanne Somers, and I have not had any trouble at all using Suzanne as my stage name! its my name!

yep..one of my cats is named Nelly too.

Funny... you see my name is Suzanne and there are many Suzanne's out there like Suzanne Vega, Suzanne Somers, and I have not had any trouble at all using Suzanne as my stage name! its my name!

Well then I guess I don't have to "SUE" you, "SUZANNE", because I'm "SUZY" and you did a good thing by using "ELANORELLE" here.... :roftl:

There are 2 very popular "Nelly's" in the North American music scene too:

1. Nelly = Rap artist, man, African American

2. Nelly = Nelly Furtado, singer-songwriter,woman, Portugese-Canadian

I haven't come across any of these Nelly's suing eachother...

Yeah but it's Nelly and Nelly Furtado.

The problem is it's Mika and Mika!

*without reading your comments*

Im gonna sue everyone with my name now. That would be like.. a 1000 people here.

See ya when Im rich - and they have changed they names to Persephoni!

WAT?!?! lol there are at least two other Mika's out there that I know of, both singers, and they don't have a prob...is she gonna take them to court too?!?

I mean it's just a name, what's the big deal...he isn't copying her she clearly doesn't know his story :no: His real name is Mica not Mika, so maybe they'll bring that up...but nooooo everyone has gotten accustomed to Mika..I hope he doesn't have to change it.

A funny but sad thought hit me IF, I repeat IF, she gets her way and Mika changes his name, say to MiCa....we who have MiKa merchandise would be supporting her and the other MiKas :blink::boxed::roftl: :roftl: I mean although we would know who we r supporting....:blink:

My theory: This b*atch just does this to get more fame herself. I mean like they mentioned, her sales are modest and she probably sues Mika just to get more sales. She didn't sue him when Grace Kelly was due out. Noo, now Mika is famous all over the planet and has got a number 1 hit with Relax in Belgium that woman decides, Oh let's sue him so I can get famous. The name doesn't even suit her:mf_rosetinted: And why isn't she sueing Hindi Mika? Well, because he isn't very famous so there's no money nor fame she can get out of it. *Throws a brick to her head* It's not going to happen lady, or else IngievV will take care of this, I'm a huge Ally McBeal fan, so I'm an amazing lawyer, I'll do a John Cage:glasses2:

That reminds me, a few years back there was this British band called Busted and they scored a huge hit here with Year 3000 and there was a band here nobody ever heard of, and they sued them so they had to change their name to Bust. But that was only for here in Holland, in the UK etc. they were still known as Busted. So IF she wins, it is possibly that Belgium has to do it with Mica and the rest of the world will remain to know him as Mika:mf_rosetinted:

Whatever next!

It will never happen!

Our MIKA has sold too many cds to change anything now.

Universal will have checked things like this out and had it passed through lawyers before MIKA(ours) released anything!

I wouldn't worry guys!

xx

Whatever next!

It will never happen!

Our MIKA has sold too many cds to change anything now.

Universal will have checked things like this out and had it passed through lawyers before MIKA(ours) released anything!

I wouldn't worry guys!

xx

Hi Daisylou:biggrin2: I'm gonna sue you, 'cause I had your name in my previous life, you stealer:mf_rosetinted: :biggrin2:

My theory: This b*atch just does this to get more fame herself. I mean like they mentioned, her sales are modest and she probably sues Mika just to get more sales. She didn't sue him when Grace Kelly was due out. Noo, now Mika is famous all over the planet and has got a number 1 hit with Relax in Belgium that woman decides, Oh let's sue him so I can get famous. The name doesn't even suit her:mf_rosetinted: And why isn't she sueing Hindi Mika? Well, because he isn't very famous so there's no money nor fame she can get out of it. *Throws a brick to her head* It's not going to happen lady, or else IngievV will take care of this, I'm a huge Ally McBeal fan, so I'm an amazing lawyer, I'll do a John Cage:glasses2:

That reminds me, a few years back there was this British band called Busted and they scored a huge hit here with Year 3000 and there was a band here nobody ever heard of, and they sued them so they had to change their name to Bust. But that was only for here in Holland, in the UK etc. they were still known as Busted. So IF she wins, it is possibly that Belgium has to do it with Mica and the rest of the world will remain to know him as Mika:mf_rosetinted:

i already said that one lol :) but you make some good points!

So is this Belgian singer going to sue the Indian singer called Mika, and the Japanese artist as well?

I'm sure that Universal would have checked out any problem with him using the name before, and why is she only bringing this up now. He's been doing well in Europe for about 8 months now, was she just waiting so she could extract more cash from the record company. Sorry my cynical side coming out there.

:sneaky2: I knew that something like this would happen (It always happens with succesfull artists:thumbdown:)

Why is she Belgian? :sneaky2::thumbdown:

She just want to make money out of it:thumbdown:

wasn't there a Japenese singer called Mika?

Does she sue (our) Mika? no

Why? because it's completely ridiculous :thumbdown:

This is disturbing if nothing else is. She's worried about preserving her pseudonym because she doesn't want to be associated with a highly successful and talented artist? :annoyed_h4h: Puh-lease, she just wants his money -twitch- I can't believe she wants him to buy his own name. I know he may not have been born Mika but there isn't much difference between a c and a k, damnit. :sneaky2: She's very much mistaken if she thinks she can get away with exploiting him.

100% agreed...why should Mika have to give in to satisfy some chick whom practically no one has heard of...I think she's jealous of Mika's success...if it ends up that Mika (ours) has to change his name...I will scream...and kick something....:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Man, this really is stupid....