Happy Ending On Radio 1

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IT'S NOT THE ALBUM VERSION!

Also, towards the end, were it starts the build up of the piano and "little bit of love" it's been cut and layered onto the chorus, instead of the way it builds to a crescendo on the album version, its all mixed together. I guess it's been mixed that way to make it shorter for radio play, but it kind of spoils it for me, as I like the way it builds up, it feels more natural.

...I haven't heard the radio edit yet but based on your explanation, they seem to have spoilt it. :shocked:

I hope they won't spoil the version to be played along the video. TV does play long versions of songs as well....eg. November Rain - GNR, Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf ; Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen..etc. Without the crescendo the song is spoilt and loses its meaning.. I am sad and angry now..:sneaky2:

they started playing happy ending on the radio stations here in Luxembourg too :yay:

Cool! I wonder when they will start playing it here. I have the feeling that they will skip Big Girl here and release Happy Ending instead.

And I wonder what the radio edit sounds like. Forgot to listen to Radio 1 today.

Cool! I wonder when they will start playing it here. I have the feeling that they will skip Big Girl here and release Happy Ending instead.

And I wonder what the radio edit sounds like. Forgot to listen to Radio 1 today.

I just noticed that on another radio station here big girl was in the charts for the first time this week and it made it from 0 to 2 :yay:

Ah, found it! It's about 21:06 into the show if anyone wants to know.

The "Radio Edit Remix" (at least, that's what I'll call it) is interesting. I like it based on the low quality audio provided. I knew it was going to be cut up quite a bit, considering that Universal has done the same to both "Love Today" and "Big Girl", with the latter track suffering a major butchering. I'm not sure why they want to cut everything down to 3 and a half minutes. Maybe it leads to better radio airplay?

Overall, the cuts are pretty much where I expected. I knew the build-up part with the choir was going to get the axe. I was practicing a few edits of the song a few weeks back and had edited it exactly the same with the "little bit of love" section joining right in instead of the solo piano.

I think my main problem with this edit is not really the cut "little bit of love" part but the ending. The chorus is only repeated once, not twice like in the album version. The cut makes the song lose some of it's coherence and integrity. It just seems to end too quickly. I have, therefore, just edited, from the album version, a near duplicate copy of this shorter version but kept the repeated chorus at the ending. It clocks in at 3:54 but seems to work more coherently as a piece of music.

Oh well, at least it's not the worst edit I've heard! It works for radio airplay at least. :)