Can't stand losing (Mika's version) you on youtube

mariposa

I don't know if you've already seen it, but MIKA fan page has put up Mika's song for the birthday of Radio 1 on youtube!

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgW02_j5fwA

Well, I don't know what everybody else thinks about it but I have to say that I HATE it!!! It's really aweful (I'm sorry to say this about a Mika song), but I just can't stand it!

"Can't satnd losing you" being one of the best songs ever written doesn't deserve such a "treatment"!

(anyway, that's just my opinion....)

I like it.. :blink:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you've already seen it, but MIKA fan page has put up Mika's song for the birthday of Radio 1 on youtube!

Here's the link:

Well, I don't know what everybody else thinks about it but I have to say that I HATE it!!! It's really aweful (I'm sorry to say this about a Mika song), but I just can't stand it!

"Can't satnd losing you" being one of the best songs ever written doesn't deserve such a "treatment"!

I don't like it either... (sorry Mikster) :thumbdown:

I think hsi voice is cool, but we can hardly hear it...

It sounds like a remix of a remix of a remix of a cover sung by Mika. :blink:

The mix sucks. I'm a big dance music fan so it's not that. I love Mika's voice and phrasing and The Police version was never their greatest song so it's not that. This mix just sucks.

I'm looking forward to the regular edit though if that's what they'll be releasing on the album. I think it will be great without all the bad techno.

Mika has a brilliant voice and they should stop doing remixes just for the helluv it. If they can't do something proper like this Delirium/Tiesto/Sarah McLachlan song, forget it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nyJ9XLhyQhY

The mix sucks. I'm a big dance music fan so it's not that. I love Mika's voice and phrasing and The Police version was never their greatest song so it's not that. This mix just sucks.

I'm looking forward to the regular edit though if that's what they'll be releasing on the album. I think it will be great without all the bad techno.

Mika has a brilliant voice and they should stop doing remixes just for the helluv it. If they can't do something proper like this Delirium/Tiesto/Sarah McLachlan song, forget it.

lol, cute signature!!!! :biggrin2:

So out of those of you who actually LIKE this track (like me!!)

who has already bought the album?? I just ordered mine!! But it will take a week or so to get to Japan....:boxed:

Here is the link for (UK) amazon

and the link for (UK) hmv

I also found it was listed on Amazon japan and HMV Japan, at a much inflated price!

51h%2BMqgpXGL._SS500_.jpg

I agree Christine. I've tried to like it, and as you say, Mika's contribution is fine, but it's the rest. To me, it sounds rushed, as if AvH didn't really give a t***.

I think this is the version on the album though, unfortunately. Don't know that for certain but I did see an ad on TV for it and I saw 'Mika vs. Armand van Helden' on the track listing. :sneaky2:

I don't think there is another mix of it. That's it whether we like it or not!

Here's the link:

OMG I hate it :boxed: :boxed: What have they done to this wonderful song ?? help

OMG I hate it :boxed: :boxed: What have they done to this wonderful song ?? help

I also put it up on the MS site, here is my first reaction to it:

I must admit, I don't like this version, either. I don't think it is my age - I just don't get it, like I usually don't get modern classical music, either. Mika is proud to have been trained to understand any kind of music but it is not something I would want my ears to be trained to understand, I am sorry.

However, having heard Keane's version of Underpressure I must say I'd rather listen to Mika's cover since at least it gives a different interpretation of a song, whilst Keane simply performed Underpressure like they were in a Karaoke bar.

whateff???

ohh, it's awful.

it's a good song without all that cr*p in the background.

deffo a let down:thumbdown: :sneaky2:

If I counted right there are so far more people who don't really heart that song than people who like it...

If I counted right there are so far more people who don't really heart that song than people who like it...

no i like the song... i like the police and always will do.

it's just the awfulness of turning that song into a dance track that seems to try too hard. sorry, but it just doesn't to it for me

i don't know how you all feel, but for me, mika could sing the itsy bitsy spider and i'll allways love his voice. we are his fans, right? for me doesn't matter what he sings ( metal, trash, tehno, r&b, electro, death metal, whatever ) if he sing beautiful.