Hollis and Sarie's Thread of Randomness (All are Welcome!)

backflip_76

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well everyone calls him 'Mexican'. He's not really Mexican... at all. He's American Indian.

Ahh... don't you love when people just assume everyone with tan skin and dark hair is 'Mexican'?

My mom has some cousins that were adopted and are Eskimo Indian. One of them came over to our house to visit and my brother's friends were like, "Does he habla English?" I was like, "Yeah, dumba**, he's not even Hispanic." He's from Alaska which, I don't know if you know, is really far away from Mexico. Although, now he lives in NEW Mexico...that must have been it. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh yeah, Sarie, what exactly do you 'start'? :mf_rosetinted:

Ahh... don't you love when people just assume everyone with tan skin and dark hair is 'Mexican'?

My mom has some cousins that were adopted and are Eskimo Indian. One of them came over to our house to visit and my brother's friends were like, "Does he habla English?" I was like, "Yeah, dumba**, he's not even Hispanic." He's from Alaska which, I don't know if you know, is really far away from Mexico. Although, now he lives in NEW Mexico...that must have been it. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh yeah, Sarie, what exactly do you 'start'? :mf_rosetinted:

Ughhhhhhhhhhh. That happens to me quite often.... Cause im a HB (Half Breed, better recognize :mf_rosetinted: ) and i have tan skin... One time when I was going to Miami, and the lady that worked at the security point place.. where you put your stuff to get it scanned started talking to me in spanish and I just starred at her and she's like " YOU NOT DOMINICAN? SORRY CHICKA. I SAID TAKE OFF YOUR SWEATER".. :naughty:

Ughhhhhhhhhhh. That happens to me quite often.... Cause im a HB (Half Breed, better recognize :mf_rosetinted: ) and i have tan skin... One time when I was going to Miami, and the lady that worked at the security point place.. where you put your stuff to get it scanned started talking to me in spanish and I just starred at her and she's like " YOU NOT DOMINICAN? SORRY CHICKA. I SAID TAKE OFF YOUR SWEATER".. :naughty:

Haha, I love people...my cousins are mixed too, my aunt's white and my uncle's black. My youngest cousin gets confused a lot as Hispanic because she's quite a bit lighter than her sisters and she has "white people hair" as she calls it.

...actually, believe it or not I had something like that happen to me. I went on a trip this summer and part of it was to stay with an Italian family. We were at a restaurant and the waitress starting speaking to everyone else in Italian, and I asked my homestay girl if she could order for me and I guess the waitress noticed I wasn't speaking Italian so she started speaking French to me. I guess that incident was more understandable, though I'm not sure why she assumed I was French. The girl I was with was like, "No, no, she's American." That was her explanation for everything...:naughty:

The funny thing is that he doesn't really care, though. Brian brought his guitar to the wedding, and while my sister was down setting stuff up, she told me to go upstairs and entertain the guys. So I went up and was talking to the groom and Brian, and anyway, when Mexican walked in, Brian began playing spanish guitar and screamed "ROON FOR THEE BOARDER, SEENYOR." Mexican started laughing hysterically, though.

No one's really mistaken me for some other race yet. The only thing I ever get is "do you have Indian in your family?" Which is a yes.

Haha, I love people...my cousins are mixed too, my aunt's white and my uncle's black. My youngest cousin gets confused a lot as Hispanic because she's quite a bit lighter than her sisters and she has "white people hair" as she calls it.

...actually, believe it or not I had something like that happen to me. I went on a trip this summer and part of it was to stay with an Italian family. We were at a restaurant and the waitress starting speaking to everyone else in Italian, and I asked my homestay girl if she could order for me and I guess the waitress noticed I wasn't speaking Italian so she started speaking French to me. I guess that incident was more understandable, though I'm not sure why she assumed I was French. The girl I was with was like, "No, no, she's American." That was her explanation for everything...:naughty:

lol xD that's funny! i wanna go to italy! once i was mistaken for indian.. while i was in jamaica? yeah. xD

The funny thing is that he doesn't really care, though. Brian brought his guitar to the wedding, and while my sister was down setting stuff up, she told me to go upstairs and entertain the guys. So I went up and was talking to the groom and Brian, and anyway, when Mexican walked in, Brian began playing spanish guitar and screamed "ROON FOR THEE BOARDER, SEENYOR." Mexican started laughing hysterically, though.

No one's really mistaken me for some other race yet. The only thing I ever get is "do you have Indian in your family?" Which is a yes.

LOL

XDDDD

ROOON FOR THEE BOARDER SEENYOR!

hah... haha... ha. erm. :mf_rosetinted:

Haha, that's funny. It's nice that he can laugh about it.

Where I live though, there's racism against Hispanics. We live in an area where a lot of immigrants settle, both legal and illegal. It's actually sad how they're treated. People act like they're lepers or something. No one sits at their lunch table, no one talks to them in class (which, I know, can cause a problem because most are just learning English). But I really feel bad for them because it's already hard enough to move to a different school or town, and obviously moving to a whole other country is really hard., especially when you have to learn an entire language. Anyway, then there are those of Hispanic descent that have lived around here just as long as any of us and people treat them like dirt as well. Okay, I am done with my rant...I got to have one every once in a while. :naughty:

Oh yeah, Sarie, it's pretty obvious what race you are...you're Martian, right? :mf_rosetinted:

lol xD that's funny! i wanna go to italy! once i was mistaken for indian.. while i was in jamaica? yeah. xD

I would have said, "No, I'm Jamaican MON!"

I've also gotten Spanish and even Russian:blink:

Which is weird because my family is mainly German and Polish...

Haha i did.. well not with the accent but yeah. xD

Whoa.. Hispanics and Russians look completely different. xD

You're polish? DZIEN DOBRY!

I know right.

And I don't know what that means. :roftl: My grandma speaks a little Polish but it never got passed on...:naughty:

I know right.

And I don't know what that means. :roftl: My grandma speaks a little Polish but it never got passed on...:naughty:

xDDDD

I think it means like.. Good day or something lol. Two of my closest friends are Polish.. so they teach me a bunch of words. I remember most of them, but not what the mean. :roftl:

my great great grandma was a native american but no asks because they can't tell :thumbdown:

Well it's weird. Every other generation has someone with super obvious features. Like, everyone in my family (mom, dad, sister) all have medium brown hair and green eyes. I have super dark, thick hair and blue eyes. And my grandma had the same thing.

Haha, that's funny. It's nice that he can laugh about it.

Where I live though, there's racism against Hispanics. We live in an area where a lot of immigrants settle, both legal and illegal. It's actually sad how they're treated. People act like they're lepers or something. No one sits at their lunch table, no one talks to them in class (which, I know, can cause a problem because most are just learning English). But I really feel bad for them because it's already hard enough to move to a different school or town, and obviously moving to a whole other country is really hard., especially when you have to learn an entire language. Anyway, then there are those of Hispanic descent that have lived around here just as long as any of us and people treat them like dirt as well. Okay, I am done with my rant...I got to have one every once in a while. :naughty:

Oh yeah, Sarie, it's pretty obvious what race you are...you're Martian, right? :mf_rosetinted:

Well there's not alot of racism here, in a way. I mean, there's alot of Hispanics, but nobody really judges them that much. The only thing is, everytime there's a drug bust in the city, it's ALWAYS someone who's Spanish, Mexican, or Hispanic, or what not. So y'know.

And I don't call black people "african american", because if you're from Jamaica or Barbados, you're obviously not african. Just like I don't call myself German American. I'm white.

Well it's weird. Every other generation has someone with super obvious features. Like, everyone in my family (mom, dad, sister) all have medium brown hair and green eyes. I have super dark, thick hair and blue eyes. And my grandma had the same thing.

i don't even know what happened because none of us look native american at all :blink: all blonde hair blue eyes... the only thing that runs in our family is twins :naughty: there's a lot of twins in my family and at our family reunions there are these 2 old guys who always ask me if i know that they are twins :roftl:

Well there's not alot of racism here, in a way. I mean, there's alot of Hispanics, but nobody really judges them that much. The only thing is, everytime there's a drug bust in the city, it's ALWAYS someone who's Spanish, Mexican, or Hispanic, or what not. So y'know.

And I don't call black people "african american", because if you're from Jamaica or Barbados, you're obviously not african. Just like I don't call myself German American. I'm white.

In my area, I think it's more of the illegal immigrant issue to be honest. "They're taking our jobs!" But yet, they're doing all the manual labor no one else wants to do for half-price because all the greedy business owners are taking advantage of them.

Anyway, I don't call black people "African American" either. Again while we were in Europe, we saw some black people and someone called them African American. I said, "They're not even American!" Anyway, I don't hear anyone calling me Caucausin, I just stick with white.