Hollis and Sarie's Thread of Randomness (All are Welcome!)

backflip_76

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas in a nutshell:

Opened present early. 'Help!' on 2 disc DVD. Went to Mass. When it was over, Priest gave me a present. Asked if I have spare time. Walked me over to the rectory and gave me a gift card / showed me how he decorated his house. Came home. Watched 'The Polar Express'. Fell asleep. Woke up at 5:30 this morning. Mom had to work at the nursing home. Tagged along for 9 hours. Walked into kitchen, everyone speaking PA dutch. Old woman in wheelchair asking me if I spoke it, IN dutch. Told her no. Old man looked at her and said something like "Sie nicht consta deitz vetza." I asked if she spoke German, in German, and she screamed "JAAAAAA." Had short discussion in German. She likes my black hair. I said danke. Sat in the lobby with some of the employee's husbands. Made small talk. Had dinner. Sat with a widow who keeps forgetting her husband is dead, and an old bitch who believes it's her duty to remind her every 2 minutes. Helped clean up. Laid down on one of the sofa in the lobby. Came home. Opened presents. Fell asleep. Ate dinner. Fell asleep. Awake!

I got: underclothes, socks, hair straightener, a boatload of Ferrero Rochers. A naked ken (big family inside joke), makeup brush kit, Mr. Bean's Holiday dvd, My Cousin Vinny dvd, rainbow jewel heart necklace, Help! on DVD, book of the Harrisburg diocese from my priest, movie theatre gift certificate from priest, scarf & gloves, and... I think that's it.:biggrin2:

A lovely account of your day. :)

I love the crazy old ladies at the nursing home.

I know. I was like "I like your necklace." and she goes "Oh thanks, my husband got it for me." and the other one goes "Well it's a good thing he did, because he sure can't now."

And I just stared at her. And she elbows the other woman and goes "hear me? I said-" and repeated herself again. I just stared at her like "...:shocked: Don't say that."

And she screams "CAUSE HE'S DEAD."

And the other woman was like "No, my husband is not dead..."

I'm like "That's right, he's not. *pissed off look at the other woman*"

Geez, that's horrible. Why would that lady be so mean?

She just is. She talks non-stop. And it's not because she's lonely. She's just a pain in the ass.

There's a set of cards that are things (a car, a stinky sock, a Princess, etc) and then there's another set of cards that have words that are used to describe things (pretty, soft, lumpy, etc). The kids and I always choose one judge and then have the other people play the cards they are given.

So basically the judge puts a card down and the rest of the people have to put down their best answer or put down what they think the judge would think is the best answer.