Hollis and Sarie's Thread of Randomness (All are Welcome!)

backflip_76

Well the thing is, I watched that movie alot as a kid. But now that I'm older, it's even FUNNIER.

Has anyone else noticed that with children's movies? Like 'Toy Story'. I watched that about three months ago and practically wet myself.:shocked: The jokes make so much more sense now that I'm 17, and not 4.

yes!!!!! :roftl:

i love watching movies you haven't seen since you were little, and you finally get the jokes.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know especially the computer animation ones, like toy tory and finding nemo

Exactly. There's another one I just watched the other day that's so much funnier now... I just can't remember what it was.

It's like Toy Story. Before, it was funny because the toys talked. Now, the jokes are really cute. My mom said she loved taking us to movies like that when we were kids as apposed to things like 'Care Bears' because they understood enough to put humor for adults in there. (I don't mean like raunchy jokes, I mean things that weren't completely mind-numbing.)

Exactly. There's another one I just watched the other day that's so much funnier now... I just can't remember what it was.

It's like Toy Story. Before, it was funny because the toys talked. Now, the jokes are really cute. My mom said she loved taking us to movies like that when we were kids as apposed to things like 'Care Bears' because they understood enough to put humor for adults in there. (I don't mean like raunchy jokes, I mean things that weren't completely mind-numbing.)

hahaha now i dont mind watching with my younger sisters especially shrek:roftl:

Oh, no, Sarie...you can call me that if you want. lol it doesn't bother me in the least. :)

Well, she asked me if I intentionally like the same music that she likes because I've seen Elton live and she said she had too.

Just look at this and tell me what you think: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1882&page=19

I imagine she's not being snooty, but it seems a little presumptious.

hahaha now i dont mind watching with my younger sisters especially shrek:roftl:

My neighbor is like... in her late 60's or early 70's, and she's seen 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' in theatres about two or three times now. She says it's hilarious, and she took her grandkids a few times.

My neighbor is like... in her late 60's or early 70's, and she's seen 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' in theatres about two or three times now. She says it's hilarious, and she took her grandkids a few times.

hahahaha thats so cute! i went out with this guy the uda night and thats what he wanted to watch but it wasnt released! he is 19! lol

Oh, no, Sarie...you can call me that if you want. lol it doesn't bother me in the least. :)

Well, she asked me if I intentionally like the same music that she likes because I've seen Elton live and she said she had too.

Just look at this and tell me what you think: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1882&page=19

I imagine she's not being snooty, but it seems a little presumptious.

She was probably kidding.

I end up feeling the same way alot. Not about her, but about people on here in general.

It's like if you assume they're kidding, they really don't like you. If you assume they're being mean, then people think that you think everyone's out to get you.

Tell me if you've noticed this too, but doesn't it seem like everyone who comes to this thread has the same basic sense of humor? Think the same, like the same things, etc.?

You're neighbor was right....it is hilarious... ;)

Really?

I don't really want to see it that badly, but everyone tells me I should. People assume I like the chipmunks, because I could do the chipmunk/Stitch voice since I was about 7.

Really?

I don't really want to see it that badly, but everyone tells me I should. People assume I like the chipmunks, because I could do the chipmunk/Stitch voice since I was about 7.

i have loved the chipmunks since i was little, but this one......

it's just not the same to me, ya know?

I was thinking she was kidding too....but then again, I was sorta thinking "Why are you singling me out?"

I do agree, though, it's very easy to misunderstand people's intentions/meanings on here. Heck, all we see is text and a few emoticons!

I also agree that there's a commonality among all of us. We're (for the most part) all American...and we're fairly close in age as well. Plus, we generally enjoy the same things. :)

She was probably kidding.

I end up feeling the same way alot. Not about her, but about people on here in general.

It's like if you assume they're kidding, they really don't like you. If you assume they're being mean, then people think that you think everyone's out to get you.

Tell me if you've noticed this too, but doesn't it seem like everyone who comes to this thread has the same basic sense of humor? Think the same, like the same things, etc.?

I think she was kidding, too.

I feel the same way at times, also.

It's true, so many people here have so many things in common.:blink: Quite odd, really.

:D:(:bleh::naughty::das::crybaby::woot_jump:

can you tell which emotion i am trying to convey?

You were happy, but you realized that happy people are usually sad on the inside, then you stuck your tongue out, laughed at your own logic, saw a cute guy, but he ignored you, and you found a cuter guy?

And Mandi: just do what I do, post a random picture.

you're really excited?

haha, not quite.

You were happy, but you realized that happy people are usually sad on the inside, then you stuck your tongue out, laughed at your own logic, saw a cute guy, but he ignored you, and you found a cuter guy?

And Mandi: just do what I do, post a random picture.

i like your logic. XD

but, not really.

i'm actually kind of....

morose? apathetic?

hmm...

just kind of bored/doubtful/tired.