DaMango's "Back to School" Contest! Win Prizes!

DaMango

UPDATE: All entries are posted on pg 25! Be sure to check them out!

And the winner is....

Finkster!!!

Congratulations! Your charming comic strip is just fabulous. Great job!

I also have prizes for the runners up. In 2nd place we have IngievV, with her poem and picture (which reminded me of how I felt around my crushes when I was in school).

In 3rd place we have Phunkygal, and her literary masterpiece.

Thank you to everyone for entering. Your submissions were beautiful, and I appreciate you taking the time away from your busy schedules to enter.

I have a little prize for everyone who entered. Please email me your addresses, so I can send you your reward!

Hey everybody! It appears that a large number of people on the MFC have recently gone back to school. I'm not even in school anymore, but I notice a huge change around here. Everyone has grown so busy all of a sudden! Since this is a stressful time, I thought I'd put together a little prize pack to brighten any Mika fan's day (whether they are in school or not :biggrin2: ).

How to enter:

First of all, you have to be an MFC member. That's the easy part. (This contest is open to ALL MFC members) Secondly, I want you to get your creative juices flowing, and illustrate this theme:

"Back to School With Mika!"

Show me what enters your mind when you think of going to school with Mika. How crazy would that be? :bleh: You can either write a poem, a short story, draw a picture, take a photo, or anything else that can be emailed. The wildest, strangest, most inspiring entries will be posted in this thread, and I might even need the MFC's help in deciding the winner!

Just email (PLEASE DO NOT PM) your entries to:

Back2SchoolWithMika@yahoo.com

Please include your MFC user name. Also, keep in mind that your entry may be posted in the thread if it is one of the top picks, so don't submit anything you want to be kept private. Please email your entries by October 28th. Hopefully this is enough time for you to work on it, without distracting you from your studies. (or job, or family :wink2: )

Now, I know you're probably wondering, "What will I win???"

The prize pack will include:

- 1 Mika bookmark, which may possibly distract you from your assigned reading. (Don't say I didn't warn you!)

- 1 sheet of Mika stickers, perfect for decorating notebooks, cell phones, and pencil cases. These are the same ones found in the Japanese edition of LICM, and Mika's performances on SYTYCD and GMA are listed on the back.

I'll even throw in a copy of OUT magazine, loaded with enough photos to plaster your locker, bedroom ceiling, or cubicle with Mika goodness. Even if you already have a copy, it can't hurt to have a spare. :naughty:

mikagift3.jpg

So there you have it, yet another contest for you to enter! (Once you are done with Freddie's contests, of course :wink2: ) I'll ship the prize pack anywhere in the world. Post any questions here, and I'll try to answer them as soon as I can.

Happy studying, MFC!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!!Brilliant idea !!!

I don't know if i enter the contest !!

Soon I start college and i don't know if I have time to do this !!

But I want so much !!

I'd love for you to enter. You don't have to put too much effort into the project, it's just for fun. :biggrin2:

Awww that's really sweet and nice of you! I've noticed a change around here, mainly because I'm harldy here anymore! :thumbdown:

I'll have to use my photography skillz. :wink2: Btw... I realized that the only thing Mika related that's on my wall is my old ticket. :naughty:

Awww that's really sweet and nice of you! I've noticed a change around here, mainly because I'm harldy here anymore! :thumbdown:

I'll have to use my photography skillz. :wink2: Btw... I realized that the only thing Mika related that's on my wall is my old ticket. :naughty:

I wanna see you show off your skillz! Oh yeah! :punk:

This is going to be fun.

I wanna see you show off your skillz! Oh yeah! :punk:

This is going to be fun.

I don't know as if I've taken any photos that's considered Mika related even though I tend to take more abstract photos. How about one of a frog that I brought into the dorm to take a picture of? :wink2::naughty:

I don't know as if I've taken any photos that's considered Mika related even though I tend to take more abstract photos. How about one of a frog that I brought into the dorm to take a picture of? :wink2::naughty:

Just illustrate the theme in some way, and you're good to go. It doesn't have to be a photo of Mika himself! Haha! :naughty:

It's your interpretation.....

Just illustrate the theme in some way, and you're good to go. It doesn't have to be a photo of Mika himself! Haha! :naughty:

It's your interpretation.....

Well hey, that would be pretty cool taking a picture of him with my black and white camera. :bleh:

WoW, It's a great idea DaMango

I love the stickers (I collect stickers:roftl: )

Maybe I'm going to enter, but I don't know yet:bleh:

I'm not good in drawing and my English isn't so good either to write a story, maybe I'm going to take a picture :bleh:

actually I've no idea yet :blink::roftl:

Hey everybody! It appears that a large number of people on the MFC have recently gone back to school. I'm not even in school anymore, but I notice a huge change around here. Everyone has grown so busy all of a sudden! Since this is a stressful time, I thought I'd put together a little prize pack to brighten any Mika fan's day (whether they are in school or not :biggrin2: ).

How to enter:

First of all, you have to be an MFC member. That's the easy part. Secondly, I want you to get your creative juices flowing, and illustrate this theme:

"Back to School With Mika!"

You can write a poem, a short story, draw a picture, take a photo, or anything else that can be emailed. Show me what enters your mind when you think of going back to school with Mika. The wildest, strangest, most inspiring entries will be posted in this thread, and I might even need the MFC's help in deciding the winner!

Just email (PLEASE DO NOT PM) your entries to:

Back2SchoolWithMika@yahoo.com

Please include your MFC user name. Also, keep in mind that your entry may be posted in the thread if it is one of the top picks, so don't submit anything you want to be kept private. Please email your entries by October 21st. Hopefully this is enough time for you to work on it, without distracting you from your studies. (or job, or family :wink2: )

Now, I know you're probably wondering, "What will I win???"

The prize pack will include:

- 1 Mika bookmark, which may possibly distract you from your assigned reading. (Don't say I didn't warn you!)

- 1 sheet of Mika stickers, perfect for decorating notebooks, cell phones, and pencil cases. These are the same ones found in the Japanese edition of LICM, and Mika's performances on SYTYCD and GMA are listed on the back.

I'll even throw in a copy of OUT magazine, loaded with enough photos to plaster your locker, bedroom ceiling, or cubicle with Mika goodness. Even if you already have a copy, it can't hurt to have a spare. :naughty:

mikagift3.jpg

So there you have it, yet another contest for you to enter! (Once you are done with Freddie's contests, of course :wink2: ) I'll ship the prize pack anywhere in the world. Post any questions here, and I'll try to answer them as soon as I can.

Happy studying, MFC!

oooo! i will join!:biggrin2:

Good question!

I really just want one entry per person. You are welcome to try different ideas, but send in the one that you think is the best. :biggrin2:

Ok. So it can be like a Mika-inspired drawing? (But not have Mika in it?)