Mika Has Devistated Me

purplegrape

Mika is the 1st person I have been to see live since my 1st pop star obsession when I was 15-16, back then I was convinced it was love, and I don't care what anyone says, it WAS a kind of love, a one sided kind of love (I met the guy quite a lot and saw him at many gigs all over the UK) he never treat me as anything ohter than a fan though, but I was only 16ish and he was about 26ish.

Who? I need a name! :wink2:

I was obsessed with Tim Curry and then Rick Springfield. Had a crush on Shaun Cassidy too but I was only 9 years old so it wasn't the same. I had front row tickets to my first concert - Rick Springfield - and so have been spoiled ever since.

I think being ancient and ugly has at least kept me from ridiculous fantasies (not like in my youth lol).

Ha me too :roftl:. I think I fancied Mika for a couple of weeks there but got over it rather quickly. He can easily look like he's in his 30s but he really isn't so it's hard to forget for long that he's way too young.

He has lifted my spirits too, as has a lot of the music coming out of Britain in the last 2 years. The 90s sucked so bad for music and I thought it was just because I was getting old. But this latest resurgence has been fantastic.

I prefer the sounds of Amy Winehouse and Paolo Nutini but Mika is so much fun and he has so much potential. His vibe is infectious.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how the hell do you think I feel I am flaming 47 :shocked: I went totally out of my comfort zone by going to London alone to see him at Somerset House, meeting ppl from MFC I had only hatted to on here and even stayed in the same room lol.

I navigated the tube on my own and this for a woman who had lost confidence in every aspect of her life was a huge thing, (all I need now is to get more confidence in driving, I am going to drive to 2 of the gigs but one is a bit too far for me yet and its a big city).

so I see my Mika obsession as a good thing as it made me feel really good to have done it all. (even my hubby thinks it has done me good in some ways lol). He just laughs at me when I swoon over his gorgeousness though cos he knows that I know I am old enough to be his mother lol, (maybe I should know better) HA you only live once, its been great fun and done me nothing but good :biggrin2:

Oh, yes, Mika inspires to do great things. I'm going to London with my friend although none of us have ever been abroad on our own :biggrin2:

how the hell do you think I feel I am flaming 47 :shocked: I went totally out of my comfort zone by going to London alone to see him at Somerset House, meeting ppl from MFC I had only hatted to on here and even stayed in the same room lol.

I navigated the tube on my own and this for a woman who had lost confidence in every aspect of her life was a huge thing, (all I need now is to get more confidence in driving, I am going to drive to 2 of the gigs but one is a bit too far for me yet and its a big city).

so I see my Mika obsession as a good thing as it made me feel really good to have done it all. (even my hubby thinks it has done me good in some ways lol). He just laughs at me when I swoon over his gorgeousness though cos he knows that I know I am old enough to be his mother lol, (maybe I should know better) HA you only live once, its been great fun and done me nothing but good :biggrin2:

Totally agree about the positive aspects of all this. I was borderline depressed Before Mika and now, I swear I laugh my head off every single day and feel more positive about most things. Plus, the swooning does WONDERS for the old hormone levels at our age don't you find???????? Not to go into too much detail, might embarrass the younglings. :roftl: :roftl:

I had exact the same thing with Johnny Depp! Now I still like him off course, but the searching and searching for pictures and videos is over. And I feel sorry for it.

So my worst nightmare is that it happens the same with mika and MFC!! so I try not to listen all the tima to Mika, because I am afraid that someday it will bore me. but I am also afraid that this isn't the right solution, because maybe I will not be obsessed because I don't hear him a lot. Off course I still come often on this site. Hope this will never end.

Yes, I have a feeling that my obsession is going to peak on November 19th....and the only way from there is down.

Don't count on it. The week I went to see Mika I considered not even going at least 3 or 4 times. It was cold, I was lazy and well...Mika wasn't Paolo Nutini (who I'd just seen 2 weeks previously and wanted to come back).

Seeing Mika for the first time was just the beginning...

Don't count on it. The week I went to see Mika I considered not even going at least 3 or 4 times. It was cold, I was lazy and well...Mika wasn't Paolo Nutini (who I'd just seen 2 weeks previously and wanted to come back).

Seeing Mika for the first time was just the beginning...

Oh Lord help me.....:boxed: :boxed:

:bleh:

I see what you mean, purplegrape. My obsession with Mika has always been kind of healthy, (comparing to some other obsessions that I've been through:biggrin2: ) but I now the feeling when you're afraid that you'll lose those powerful positive feelings that you have. At the beginning Mika and mfc gave me so much inspiration, I had so big plans for the future! But now, after some time has passed, I can visit mfc very rarely, and I think I've become more 'normal'(still I think it's more like due to lack of Mikaish communication). I don't know if it's good or bad, but when I am really excited about something or somebody, I just feel that my body almost can't handle all the strength that is inside me, I am completely restless and I have so many ideas and plans for future, and I'm also very vulnerable. But when it passes, I just become normal, I'm neither very happy nor unhappy, I don't miss anything don't need anything and sometimes I'm even glad that I'm not so vulnerable anymore. But when I'm in this crazy state I think that I would never want to became so numb and indifferent anymore. Which is better, I don't know. I guess there are just different phases, we can't be always passionate or always calm. And I actually think, as bonjourmika said, that the feeling might really come back :wink2:

P.S. I really miss mfc sometimes. I really do.

im a very emotional person and mika has brought me up in some of my lowest times. thats why i think im afraid to loose this obsession. hes always hed the ability to make me happy even though he's no where near me and doesnt even know i exhist. theres such a "good person" vibe about him that it gives me a little hope each time i see or hear him, at least it did. well, it still does, but its not as strong. ive noticed that im much more prone to be sad or mad since ive lost my "mika high" too.

I had exact the same thing with Johnny Depp! Now I still like him off course, but the searching and searching for pictures and videos is over. And I feel sorry for it.

So my worst nightmare is that it happens the same with mika and MFC!! so I try not to listen all the tima to Mika, because I am afraid that someday it will bore me. but I am also afraid that this isn't the right solution, because maybe I will not be obsessed because I don't hear him a lot. Off course I still come often on this site. Hope this will never end.

i was big on johnny too, mika kinda killed that obsession really fast. i used to do anything for johnny, but now its like that for mika. since im loosing mika though, i have nothing to fill that spot. its empty:no:

Totally agree about the positive aspects of all this. I was borderline depressed Before Mika and now, I swear I laugh my head off every single day and feel more positive about most things. Plus, the swooning does WONDERS for the old hormone levels at our age don't you find???????? Not to go into too much detail, might embarrass the younglings. :roftl: :roftl:

Dam right those hormones have had a good kick up the jacksie lol, but if I was a wee young thing I know I would have gone totally love struck, it's not really acceptable when your own son is only a year younger is it :naughty::naughty::roftl::wink2: Still it's great though that Mika unknowingly to him, has lifted my mood and given me more confidence, I find that totally awesome that a young guy can do that just by being himself.

I sometimes think he has the Princess Diana gift where people are concerned. so I keep my obsession on a level I think it should be by admiring his appearance (god he is sooo pretty lol) admiring him as a person, admiring his music and talent and stopping any ridiculous yearnings at bay by reminding myself of the fact I am an old bag.

i was big on johnny too, mika kinda killed that obsession really fast. i used to do anything for johnny, but now its like that for mika. since im loosing mika though, i have nothing to fill that spot. its empty:no:

yes just the same with me!! exept that I'm not llosing mika already. (I'm living for his concert in november!)

im a very emotional person and mika has brought me up in some of my lowest times. thats why i think im afraid to loose this obsession. hes always hed the ability to make me happy even though he's no where near me and doesnt even know i exhist. theres such a "good person" vibe about him that it gives me a little hope each time i see or hear him, at least it did. well, it still does, but its not as strong. ive noticed that im much more prone to be sad or mad since ive lost my "mika high" too.

the highlighted parts are me too, and I think that is what I meant when I likened him to Princess Diana.

i don't feel that my "obsession" will really ever go away.

it definately has declined, and now instead of thinking of Mika as a uber-super-fantastically hot-and god like, i see him more as a person, a musician.

but it makes me kind of sad that people are just like "oh, well, that was fun. time to move on to a new obsession and leave this all behind!"

and i'm kind of a hypocrite, because i admit, i used to do that. but now that i'm a little older, it's more or less about the music, and how it makes me feel.

Mika's music has had an impact on me, i'll say that. it's easy to relate to, and it made me be a happier person!

i don't want this to be seen as "devastating" to anyone when it's been a really positive thing for me.

sorry if i've been a complete ass, but this is just my own opinion on the matter.

Dam right those hormones have had a good kick up the jacksie lol, but if I was a wee young thing I know I would have gone totally love struck, it's not really acceptable when your own son is only a year younger is it :naughty::naughty::roftl::wink2: Still it's great though that Mika unknowingly to him, has lifted my mood and given me more confidence, I find that totally awesome that a young guy can do that just by being himself.

I sometimes think he has the Princess Diana gift where people are concerned. so I keep my obsession on a level I think it should be by admiring his appearance (god he is sooo pretty lol) admiring him as a person, admiring his music and talent and stopping any ridiculous yearnings at bay by reminding myself of the fact I am an old bag.

Ridiculous Yearnings...I'm thinking of having that spray painted on my t-shirt at Manchester - look out for me :roftl:

Like I said in a similar thread in July:

Isn't it just like falling in love with someone? :wink2:

It is just impossible (physically and mentally) to stay on that pink cloud forever - everything is settling down after a few weeks or months. :wink2:

Oh well - with something extra: something that has enriched your life. :wink2:

i don't feel that my "obsession" will really ever go away.

it definately has declined, and now instead of thinking of Mika as a uber-super-fantastically hot-and god like, i see him more as a person, a musician.

but it makes me kind of sad that people are just like "oh, well, that was fun. time to move on to a new obsession and leave this all behind!"

and i'm kind of a hypocrite, because i admit, i used to do that. but now that i'm a little older, it's more or less about the music, and how it makes me feel.

Mika's music has had an impact on me, i'll say that. it's easy to relate to, and it made me be a happier person!

i don't want this to be seen as "devastating" to anyone when it's been a really positive thing for me.

sorry if i've been a complete ass, but this is just my own opinion on the matter.

ha, your not an ass at all. you know i love you, lol. besides, i believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion. you just described my problem really. he has made me a lot happier person and his music is so relatable that since me obsession has dimmed, its been depressing. and that sucks.:thumbdown:

Isn't it just like falling in love with someone? :wink2:

It is just impossible (physically and mentally) to stay on that pink cloud forever - everything is settling down after a few weeks or months. :wink2:

Oh well - with something extra: something that has enriched your life. :wink2:

haha!! Good job I read the whole thread, because this saves me from typing my whole post

This is exactly what I was going to say: the "obsession" that you describe is like an infatuation, or like falling in love with someone...

It's all crazy and heady, and it always ends after a number of months...When it either dies, or it changes into something less "crazy" but more substantial, and more lasting.:thumb_yello:

My 2 cents.

Back in the Rick Springfield days though it wasn't anything like a real relationship. The Mika thing has been a strange odyssey because he is waaaay too much like a real boyfriend.

I see him every day. I know more about him than some people I've dated for real. I know what he's doing virtually every day. The impressive front he put on in the beginning began to slip as I got to know him better. He's made plans and then broken them much to my dissappointment.

Internet access and the collective stalking of MFCers I think has heightened everyone's obsession but also led to a premature crash.

Also, I am not quite sure what I did on the internet before I liked Mika......:boxed:

i wasnt on the internet much before mika, my mom hates that aspect of him, lol

I forget now:lmfao: Oh yeah, I think we should pay him to do gigs in our living room...that'd be awesome

i think... he should so do it for free!!!!:lol3: