About the controversy over Mika's hair

Fmbm

I wrote this in the other thread, but I feel everyone should read this:

To the people who are throwing a fit over his straight hair, get over it! It was a special event and he just wanted to style his hair differently for once. He hasn't become a "different" person. That would be like me saying "Why aren't you wearing the same shirt you wore yesterday?! I don't like what you've become!"

So guys, chill out, its only hair and I'm sure it will be in curls tomorrow. :glasses2:

lol, of course he will...I think it's all about us MFClers having something new to chat about! :naughty:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, of course he will...I think it's all about us MFClers having something new to chat about! :naughty:

So he put down his curling wand...

That's gotta be the record for least effort and maximum press...:wink2:

I agree, I mean

1. Its just hair, the "dead thing that hangs like a dead thing on your cheaks*

2. When hes 60 and bald and still producing music, ill still love him

3. Change happens, Deal with it

4. I quite like his hair anyway he likes to style it, this way makes him look all grown up :mf_lustslow:

5. and most of all perhaps it was a test, on mikas part, to see how youd all react!

Maybe this was how Mica always looked before he became MIKA.

He looked a lot like this for his performance in Cabaret.

DSCF0050.JPG

It's funny that there's so much controversy on MFC because I posted it on another board and it's unanimous - he looks much better with straight hair. Even one guy who loves his album and always thought he was cute said "he looks 1000% better".

People who have ignored any other Mika post I've made are talking about how hot he is and asking questions.

If Mika appeared on US TV looking like that he would garner more attention in one day than he did this entire year.

You're right! I completely forgot about the Cabaret pics! :doh:

And once I got over the initial shock of the new pics, I realized how freaking gorgeous he really looked. Maybe straight hair would garner more attention on this side of the pond, not that hair should influence what kind of music people like.

If Mika appeared on US TV looking like that he would garner more attention in one day than he did this entire year.

Well, I don't really think so. I mean, the people who like him (of course, I belong to that incredible group :naughty:) do it because of his music. At least in my case, his voice and his songs were the things which garnered my attention. I don't think this matter is entirely related to hair. But it's true he looks good. However, I think his curls are way more attractive.

Maybe straight hair would garner more attention on this side of the pond, not that hair should influence what kind of music people like.

It won't change anyone's taste in music, but the problem isn't that Americans don't like his music. The problem is they've never heard it. If he walks around looking like a model or a movie star he's going to get media attention and consequently the attention of the public.

It's a lot easier than driving around drunk with a pantyless Paris Hilton or Britney Spears which is probably his only other option.

At least in my case, his voice and his songs where the things which garnered my attention. I don't think this matter is entirely related to hair. But it's true he looks good. However, I think his curls are way more attractive.

90% of Americans have never heard his voice or his songs. Unless they've got some huge media machine behind them like the American Idol franchise, most artists don't make it onto radio just because they sing well.

Let's just pray he doesn't ever do that. I'd rather him be unknown here than get media attention for that.

My friend has been writing to The Hills because she wants Paolo Nutini to come on and date LC. :roftl:

I don't see Mika seriously hanging out with Paris or Britney. Their combined IQ isn't enough to have a half-way intelligent conversation with Mika.

Let's pray that he goes curly again !

That was an important event and he looked different and he surprised us !He won't go on stage looking like that of course :naughty:

I'm sure he will go back at the converse trainers and his colorful jeans

To the people who are throwing a fit over his straight hair, get over it! It was a special event and he just wanted to style his hair differently for once. He hasn't become a "different" person. That would be like me saying "Why aren't you wearing the same shirt you wore yesterday?! I don't like what you've become!"

So guys, chill out, its only hair and I'm sure it will be in curls tomorrow. :glasses2:

FmBm, you've started a new thread, you're not wearing the same shirt you were yesterday, and you've gone to bed.... I really don't like what you've become at all! :mf_rosetinted:

Really though, good point. I think he has cut his hair, so it'll take a while for his full curls to come back. It's nice to see him taking a break from his curls... curling irons and what-not can damage ones hair! I fried my hair thanks to using my straightener for about a year and a half straight. It took a long time for it to get healthy again! Now I just let my curls do whatever... no use fighting them.

More wise words on here eh? :wink2:

I see your spreading your wisdom around the threads since joining! :glasses2:

Vix x

Oh, and how many people want to know about your avatar????!!! Spooky that they should ask about it eh?!

Hello Vix!

:wink2::naughty::thumb_yello:

AHMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!

I want to have a say on this. The essence of Mika, is music and lyrics. He is also a man who likes to try different things. This is different to a lot of people, but he is still the same artist. It is upsetting how important it is to everyone how he looks.

His hair may be consider his trademark, and I guarantee you this hairstyle is not an every day thing. Although, it might result as shocking, take it as it is.. Just a hairstyle. Does that change the way Grace Kelly sounds?

YES,:biggrin2: I'm a material girl who take care only about the look {CURLY!:wub2:}

therfore I'm not allowed to say that.. I perfectly agree with you?!:naughty:

{I love your av and sig btw:wink2:}

now we talk seriously behind this coquettish issue..I mean, those hair are certainly :thumb_yello: for a smoking ceremony, full stop

It is became a little annoyng also for me to read so much thread about

":mf_lustslow:/:sneaky2: his look!" but...few days and we surely give opinions on the Artist

yadda yadda yadda, I think it looks stupid so of course I'm gonna say that I think it looks stupid :mf_rosetinted: If he had put on a straw hat or a hideous pink dress then I'd comment on that as well, doesn't mean I like his music less :mf_rosetinted:

*Alice.gif

those Alice's lines :punk:

I want to have a say on this. The essence of Mika, is music and lyrics. He is also a man who likes to try different things. This is different to a lot of people, but he is still the same artist. It is upsetting how important it is to everyone how he looks.

His hair may be consider his trademark, and I guarantee you this hairstyle is not an every day thing. Although, it might result as shocking, take it as it is.. Just a hairstyle. Does that change the way Grace Kelly sounds?

Well said that man!!!!

xx