EUREKA! I finally got it!

sariflor

Sooooooooo,

since the new song "How much do you love me" was posted, I listened and listened and I had this little niggle in the back of my mind saying "it reminds me of something"...but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Yes, of course -as everyone has said- it has an 80's sound, but I meant that it also reminded me of something else.

And a few minutes ago I was singing it, and it just dawned on me: it reminds me of Boney M!!!

I know that everyone is probably going to want to kill me, Mika included if he knew, because it sounds so mad, but I can't help but hearing it:blush-anim-cl:

Any comments? Go on: Listen to it again and tell me that you can't hear Boney M??!! :roftl:

I must add that I love this song though, and I can't stop listening to it; Perhaps that is why I'm coming to all sorts of conclusions :naughty: .

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But which Boney M song Sari??? :shocked:

There are so many classics. Rasputin is my fave.

*SINGS LUSTILY Ra Ra Rasputin, Russia's greatest love machine, there was a cat that really was gone.....*

I don't even know, that's the problem! :blink: It's just a little feeling, and I can't place it......All I managed to come up with now is that it reminds me of Boney M :naughty:

I don't even know, that's the problem! :blink: It's just a little feeling, and I can't place it......All I managed to come up with now is that it reminds me of Boney M :naughty:

I'm going through all the Boney M songs I know in my head...

You mean just a general 'sound'??

*by the rivers of Babylon, where we sat down, yea we we-ept, when we remembered Zion*

Here Vanessa, enjoy this slice of classic 70s euro-disco:

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Oh thanks !:biggrin2:

I knew them but I didn't know the name of the band actually !

But It doesn't sound like 'how much do you love me ':blink:

No it doesn't, but Boney M are classic :naughty:

Personally I think HMDYLM sounds more like Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance With Somebody:

the chorus, that is. Someone pointed that out to me and now I can't stop comparing them.

I'm going through all the Boney M songs I know in my head...

You mean just a general 'sound'??

*by the rivers of Babylon, where we sat down, yea we we-ept, when we remembered Zion*

yes, it's a bit like a "general sound" thing....:shocked: Weird!

Guys.. I moved the thread..:blush-anim-cl:

Just to let you know..:wink2:

I think this is a better place to talk about it, right?? :thumb_yello:

ah, ok, hehe....Thanks

Come on! You can't be seriuos with this comparison! :sneaky2:

Why would it sound anything like Boney M? Which bit?

I personally think it's an offence..

If you want to draw comparisons you might as well say the guitar bit at the beginning starts like U2's WTSHNN.....

Of course a comparison to Fleetwood Mac's music (Everywhere) would be more appropriate, although I still keep my view that it is borrowing from George Michael (Waiting, Heal the Pain, Wham Freedom)

Come on! You can't be seriuos with this comparison! :sneaky2:

Why would it sound anything like Boney M? Which bit?

I personally think it's an offence..

If you want to draw comparisons you might as well say the guitar bit at the beginning starts like U2's WTSHNN.....

Of course a comparison to Fleetwood Mac's music (Everywhere) would be more appropriate, although I still keep my view that it is borrowing from George Michael (Waiting, Heal the Pain, Wham Freedom)

How can it be an offence? It's just an opinion...like yours.:thumb_yello:

How can it be an offence? It's just an opinion...like yours.:thumb_yello:

Yes, that's why I wrote 'I personally think'....

I love analysing songs but I can't get the Boney M thing..perhaps you could help me 'get it'?? :wink2:

Yes, that's why I wrote 'I personally think'....

I love analysing songs but I can't get the Boney M thing..perhaps you could help me 'get it'?? :wink2:

I really don't know, it's just a "feeling" that Boney M give me, or some of their songs (I only really know a few of the more famous ones) and I got the same vibe listening to the new Mika one.....but the poblem is that I can't really elaborate on it because I don't get a clear "picture" in my head.

Does that make any sense? Sorry I can't be of more help :blink: but it's just not coming out!:naughty:

OK, I will listen to some of these Boney M songs and see...

You tube is the greatest thing invented on the net...:punk:

hehehe...cool! And thanks for being so open minded about it, knowing what you think of Boney M:naughty:

hehehe...cool! And thanks for being so open minded about it, knowing what you think of Boney M:naughty:

I am aware that my opinion was very harsh, especially taking into consideration that when I am alone and they play Boney M on TV, I start singing and jumping around ...

I don't hate them actually. For that formation the music was Ok but I cannot imagine Mika ever covering these songs..etc.

It doesn't remind me of Boney M either...The only thing I can say (and with which loads of people already came up) is that the dadadadada-part reminds me A LOT of AnnLee's "2 times"...That's all...

Is there a particular Boney M song you think of??? Maybe I don't know the one you're talking about...:boxed:

It doesn't remind me of Boney M either...The only thing I can say (and with which loads of people already came up) is that the dadadadada-part reminds me A LOT of AnnLee's "2 times"...That's all...

Is there a particular Boney M song you think of??? Maybe I don't know the one you're talking about...:boxed:

Yes, I could see the Ann Lee thing very clearly too, but the problem is that I don't know which Boney M song I'm thinking of myself :mf_lustslow: