EUREKA! I finally got it!

sariflor

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Boney M.'s Christmas Song!

But just like everyone else who seems to find a similarity to something 80s, I've come to realize that he sounds like.....*drum roll*......

PAT BENETAR's "We Belong" - and of course, no one else will think so. :bleh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-RIfx1Pm70

Boney M eh? Now that is really showing my age! I remember listening to their Christmas album over and over again as a child even if it was nowhere near Christmas. The guy has a really good voice IMO

Okay, so maybe I need to listen to that Mika song since I put in my comment a little early :bleh:

Hahahaha, isn't it great?

When I first listened to the new song my initial reaction was 'Oh, Relax moment' :biggrin2: (sorry Mika, not at all meant meanly) and then I was thinking like pretty much everybody else 'Hmmm, where have I heard that before??', then people came out with all their suggestions saying 'sounds like... so and so or him or her and 80s influences all over' and I thought 'oh yes, they've got a point' about almost all of those suggestions... and now we have Boney M (which is more late 70s, right?) and again I have to say... yeees, the rivers... haha, hilarious and brilliant! (another thought: I think the 'hawaiian keyboard sound' adds a lot to the Boney M comparison...)

Boney M eh? Now that is really showing my age! I remember listening to their Christmas album over and over again as a child even if it was nowhere near Christmas. The guy has a really good voice IMO

Okay, so maybe I need to listen to that Mika song since I put in my comment a little early :bleh:

Did you know that the guy who appeared on their videos/TV etc isn't the one who sang on the records?? He was just a stooge! They liked him for his dancing and his look. He was the original Milli Vanilli ... or maybe Bez :naughty:

...I hope I won't spoil the joy of listeninig to Boney M but it is NOT that guy singing:biggrin2: :wink2: