MIKA DVD Review + Win Tickets to Glasgow!

dcdeb

Backstage Pass

Music fans unite... take a sneak peek at what goes on beyond the mosh pit.

It's raining MIKA

* Posted on October 17, 2007 11:20 AM

“LIVE IN CARTOON MOTION”

Released November 12th

You've got to hand it to Mika... he knows how to please a crowd. Whether it's his high-pitched squealing, jeans tighter than Johnny Borrell's or the giant dancing animals he has on stage with him... there's something for everyone. Hell, don him in an orange suit and he could be the fifth member of the Wiggles (or the Teletubbies for that matter!).

He thinks big girls are beautiful, he wants to be Grace Kelly and he's lodged firmly in the music world's minds and ears. Well folks, prepare your eyes for a bashing too... the man has a DVD primed and ready for release. It's called... wait for it...'Live In Cartoon Motion'. Oh my. The release comes as MIKA’s debut album ‘Life In Cartoon Motion’ continues its run inside the UK Top Ten. It is now the second biggest selling album of the year, just behind Miss Winehouse.

Now the British global pop phenomenon has gone digital. Expect exclusive never before seen footage, a 50 minute documentary and a one-hour live show shot in Paris earlier this year. The performance was been shot by acclaimed director Matt Askem, famed for his work with Muse, Paul Weller, Lenny Kravitz and David Bowie.

The DVD also includes a five song acoustic set recorded at Ronnie Scott’s in London. It comes in a special deluxe hard back book with artwork designed by MIKA and his sister (the artist Da Wack). Someone's Marketing Department deserves a medal. Sounds like a Christmas present made in heaven - go on, give it to the 'fat bottomed girls' in your life.

To celebrate Mika's upcoming tour, we've got two tickets to give away to Mika's Glasgow concert on Saturday 17 November. Read on for all tour dates and details of how to enter.

All you need to do is answer the following question:

What was Mika's debut album called?

A) Life In Slow Motion

B) Life In Cartoon Motion

C) Life In The Fast Lane

Send your entries to: competition@seatwave.com

Don't forget to include your name and contact details.

Click http://www.seatwave.com/mika-tickets/seasonhere if you need help with the answer.

MIKA TOUR DATES:

Saturday 17 November – Glasgow Academy

Monday 19 November – Manchester Apollo

Thursday 22 November – Birmingham Academy

Saturday 24 November – Doncaster Dome

Monday 26 November – Newcastle Academy

Wednesday 28 November – Bournemouth BIC

Thursday 29 November – Plymouth Pavilions

Friday 30 November – Brighton Centre

Sunday 2 December – London Brixton Academy

Monday 3 December – London Hammersmith Apollo

Tuesday 4 December - London Brixton Academy

Terms and conditions

This competition is not open to employees of Seatwave.

Entries close at 4pm Mon 12th November 2007. The winner will be notified by telephone and email. Prizes are non refundable. Seatwave and its representatives, reserve the right to substitute an equivalent prize should the prize stated be unavailable.

By entering this competition you agree to the Seatwave Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy, and you will be signed up for our Newsletter. Please email us if you do not want to receive the newsletter.

http://backstagepass.seatwaveblogs.com/2007/10/its_raining_mika.php

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i just entered, i want to go to glasgow!:biggrin2:

Oh me too! Oh wait... I AM going to Glasgow! :thumb_yello:

No, what I meant was... I want jemma to go to Glasgow! I want to

meet jemma! :biggrin2:

why don't they offer a

'BACKSTAGE PASS'

as their name suggest? :sneaky2:

sgrunt! i HAVE got the tickets!:naughty:

:roftl: We won't need to be backstage, Robi -- I have a feeling we're

going to end up ON stage!

dcdeb

Oh me too! Oh wait... I AM going to Glasgow! :thumb_yello:

No, what I meant was... I want jemma to go to Glasgow! I want to

meet jemma! :biggrin2:

:roftl: We won't need to be backstage, Robi -- I have a feeling we're

going to end up ON stage!

dcdeb

I want to meet dcdeb too:biggrin2: I can't wait to here your reports though. I will cross my fingers very hard cos I don't think I have been to enough Mika gigs this year LOL:naughty: The best part is meeting the MFCers!:thumb_yello:

But I'm already going:roftl: I can't go twice to the same gig!

LOvely thought though :blush-anim-cl:

s**t i need to learn to read quotes before i quote , ok if i win someones got free tickets if they want them just as long as their not back-stage ones

s**t i need to learn to read quotes before i quote , ok if i win someones got free tickets if they want them just as long as their not back-stage ones

Arr that so nice!

I think I need to start a campaign "Get Jemmalee to Glasgow by any means possible" LOL:naughty: