Language Lessons!

vixenbbw

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the basics for my little table covered so.....fancy translating one of my strange sentences for me?? :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Mika, will you hurry up and choose a holiday destination so that I can book it for us before all the best places are gone!

Vix x

Mika! Te apurarías y elegirías un destino de vacaciones para que pueda reservarlo para nosotros, antes de que los mejores lugares se agoten?:thumb_yello:

hahaha your sentences are strange...but it's fun to traslate them!

*shouts loudly as is sure no-one will read this*

DOES ANYONE HERE SPEAK BASQUE (euskara)??

Would just like to know.

:biggrin2:

Oh, I read it...........just can't help! :blink:

Vix x

PS.......fancy meeting you in here too! :wink2:

Mika! Te apurarías y elegirías un destino de vacaciones para que pueda reservarlo para nosotros, antes de que los mejores lugares se agoten?:thumb_yello:

hahaha your sentences are strange...but it's fun to traslate them!

I do try to make them strange on purpose, honest!! :wink2:

Muchas Gracias!

Vix x

Sorry... I can recognize if a text is in Basque, but I can't read or write or speak it myself.

The k is a very populair letter in Basque: http://eu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azala :naughty:

Basque is recognisable because of the k thing!

I just find it fascinating because it is totally different to any other Iberian peninsula language or dialect, with different and obscure origins.

I've been to Spain many times but not the Basque Country, so I've never heard it spoken.

Wow, this thread is awesome! :biggrin2:

My mother tongue is Finnish. I'm studying modern Finnish and communication sciences in the university. :thumb_yello:

Here's some Finnish sentences for you to learn! :wink2:

*How are you? = Mitä kuuluu?

*What's your name? = Mikä sinun nimesi on?

*My name is... = Minun nimeni on...

*Where do you come from? = Mistä olet kotoisin?

*How old are you? = Miten vanha olet?

*I love you! = Rakastan sinua!

*I'm hungry. = Minulla on nälkä.

*I'm tired. = Olen väsynyt.

*See you tomorrow! = Nähdään huomenna!

...last but not least:

*Chicken = kana :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

In addition to Finnish I speak English and Swedish. I've also studied German, French, Spanish and Russian. :thumb_yello:

My mother tongue is Finnish. I'm studying modern Finnish and communication sciences in the university. :thumb_yello:

...last but not least:

*Chicken = kana :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

In addition to Finnish I speak English and Swedish. I've also studied German, French, Spanish and Russian. :thumb_yello:

Finnish is another k-friendly language, like Basque!

Aren't the two distantly related? *I must look that up.

* I just did, and apparantely not.

Finnish is another k-friendly language, like Basque!

Aren't the two distantly related? I must look that up.

Interesting point of view! :thumb_yello: Actually the most notable thing in Finnish language is that we use lots of vocals. :biggrin2: But you're right, k-letter is also quite common.

Finnish language belongs to Finno-Ugric language family. The roots of our language are far away in Ural. The most closest relative to us is Hungarian language. :biggrin2:

I just find it fascinating because it is totally different to any other Iberian peninsula language or dialect, with different and obscure origins.

I've been to Spain many times but not the Basque Country, so I've never heard it spoken.

Yup, fascinating, isn't it? I was on a holiday in Biarritz in 2006 and we crossed the border to Spain one day in the Basque country, and we visited the little French village of Ainhoa. Written Basque (or: Euskara) everywhere. I have never heard it spoken either though. And indeed no one can tell if it's related to any other language. It is considered as a 'language isolate'.

Interesting point of view! :thumb_yello: Actually the most notable thing in Finnish language is that we use lots of vocals. :biggrin2: But you're right, k-letter is also quite common.

Finnish language belongs to Finno-Ugric language family. The roots of our language are far away in Ural. The most closest relative to us is Hungarian language. :biggrin2:

And it's related to Estionan, isn't it?

Finnish is quite a 'long' language :naughty: - what I remember from the Finnish people I met on my travels in Finnish it takes twice the time it takes to pronounce a sentence with the same meaning in English or Dutch.

(Pff... strange sentence but I hope you get the point!)

...last but not least:

*Chicken = kana :roftl: :roftl:

Kiitos!

How great is Finnish that it even uses our Mika's name as a word?! :thumb_yello:

Vix x

LOL! just saw this thread :)

so:

HEBREW...........

Hello shalom................

Goodbye. - Lehitraot... ............

Thank you - Toda.............

Love - Ahava.........

Chicken - tarnegolet (the chicken when she is alive haha) and "Of (when its in the oven...LOL!)

*How are you? = cómo estás?

*What's your name? = cómo te llamás?

*My name is... = Mi nombre es....

*Where do you come from? = De dónde sos?

*How old are you? = cuantos años tenés?

*I love you! = Te amo!

*I'm hungry. = Tengo hambre

*I'm tired. = Estoy cansado (man) /cansada (woman)

*See you tomorrow! = Nos vemos mañana!

And it's related to Estionan, isn't it?

Finnish is quite a 'long' language :naughty: - what I remember from the Finnish people I met on my travels in Finnish it takes twice the time it takes to pronounce a sentence with the same meaning in English or Dutch.

(Pff... strange sentence but I hope you get the point!)

Estonian belongs to the same language family and yes, it's also close to us. :thumb_yello:

Well, Finnish isn't "long" language as you said. :biggrin2: I think you've this idea because we pronounce things with slow tempo and especially without cadence. :thumb_yello: Actually Finnish is more accurate language than for example english or it's relatives. We've lot of suffixes which indicates number and quality very carefully and also makes phrases and sentences shorter.

A simple example of finnish suffixes:

English: In my house also

Finnish: Talossanikin (talo-ssa-ni-kin)

I hope that I explained it understandable! :wink2:

LOL! just saw this thread :)

so:

HEBREW...........

Hello shalom................

Goodbye. - Lehitraot... ............

Thank you - Toda.............

Love - Ahava.........

Chicken - tarnegolet (the chicken when she is alive haha) and "Of (when its in the oven...LOL!)

Toda!

Oh, and I think we should be referring to live chicken, don't you! :naughty:

Vix x

Well, Finnish isn't "long" language as you said. :biggrin2: I think you've this idea because we pronounce things with slow tempo and especially without cadence. :thumb_yello: Actually Finnish is more accurate language than for example english or it's relatives. We've lot of suffixes which indicates number and quality very carefully and also makes phrases and sentences shorter.

Ah, you are just slow and precise talkers! :biggrin2:

Got the basics for my little table covered so.....fancy translating one of my strange sentences for me?? :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Mika, will you hurry up and choose a holiday destination so that I can book it for us before all the best places are gone!

Vix x

"Mika, vill du skynda på och välja vart du vill åka på semester så jag kan boka det åt oss innan alla de bästa platserna är upptagna!"

:biggrin2:

Estonian belongs to the same language family and yes, it's also close to us.

Well, Finnish isn't "long" language as you said. I think you've this idea because we pronounce things with slow tempo and especially without cadence. Actually Finnish is more accurate language than for example english or it's relatives. We've lot of suffixes which indicates number and quality very carefully and also makes phrases and sentences shorter.

A simple example of finnish suffixes:

English: In my house also

Finnish: Talossanikin (talo-ssa-ni-kin)

I hope that I explained it understandable! :wink2:

Kiitos for your explination!!! :thumb_yello:

I've read quite a view books about the Finnish language (ok, I don't have anything else to do in my free time :blush-anim-cl: ) and I've once read about a plan of mixing Finnish (loads of vowels) and Czech (loads of consonants) and make a perfect mixture aout of them :biggrin2: Wouldn't it be nice?

Anyway, Finnish is supossed to be one of the (if not the) most logical languages that exist on our planet...Of course it is very hard to study it etc, but apparently the grammatical structure is said to be perfect.

I'd opt for making Finnish the world language!!!! :naughty: What do you think??

Oh, I just remebered that we can find the longest P

"palindrome" in the Finnish language, a palindrome is a word which is exactly the same, no matter if you read it from ahead or from behind.

I could give you some examples in German:

- Otto

- Anna

- Hannah

- Reittier

- Reliefpfeiler (I love this one!!!)

- Rentner

well, there's an Finnish word which is even longer than "Reliefpfeiler" (relief pier), but I don't remeber it right now :blink: Someone knows what I'm talking about?

Oh, was it "Saippuakauppias" (soap merchant)??? Yes, I think that's it...just found it :biggrin2:

Hmmm, to cut a long story short, I really love the Finnish language and I would love to be able to have a proper conversation in Finnish...but Iknow that this is not an easy thing to do...*sigh*