The MFC

ThatRadFreak

I hope everyone feels free to drop in to the Oldlings anytime, or can talk to me if they want to - I have never knowingly ignored anyone - and I am here because of Mika - and anyone who likes him is ok by me!!! :biggrin2:

I dropped in there! I loved it! I felt welcome don't you worry!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a member here since January as I've been a fan since before Grace Kelly was released yet I don't feel I've made "friends" with anyone on here save maybe for Ingie - but she seems to be everyone's friend as she's fab!

The thing is I don't want to talk about real life, don't want to tell everyone about my job, family, etc.........I just want to talk MIKA! I want real, detailed conversations about him and his music, etc. Also, I want to have fun!

Yet, I often find that when I post I get little or no response. Back in May I thought I'd gotten friendly with one of the more regular posters but I was sooo wrong about her!! :shocked: That really put me off for a long while but I got back into the swing of things when I read the Secret Diaries and "met" Ingie. I'm posting much more often now but still feel like an outsider.

I feel sad writing this but it is true. :tears:

Vix x

I've been a member here since January as I've been a fan since before Grace Kelly was released yet I don't feel I've made "friends" with anyone on here save maybe for Ingie - but she seems to be everyone's friend as she's fab!

The thing is I don't want to talk about real life, don't want to tell everyone about my job, family, etc.........I just want to talk MIKA! I want real, detailed conversations about him and his music, etc. Also, I want to have fun!

Yet, I often find that when I post I get little or no response. Back in May I thought I'd gotten friendly with one of the more regular posters but I was sooo wrong about her!! :shocked: That really put me off for a long while but I got back into the swing of things when I read the Secret Diaries and "met" Ingie. I'm posting much more often now but still feel like an outsider.

Vix x

:shocked:

that's terrible!!!

i hope you feel welcome here now, because that's awful to not feel apart of this place. :(

It's not that I don't feel welcome but that I take time to read a thread that interests me, post a comment but then it gets ignored which makes me feel like not bothering posting more stuff.

I sound all miserable now but I'm not usually like this, honest!! :biggrin2:

Vix x

It's not that I don't feel welcome but that I take time to read a thread that interests me, post a comment but then it gets ignored which makes me feel like not bothering posting more stuff.

Vix x

it's understandable.

i hate not getting any feedback on stuff after i've taken the time to read the whole thing. :thumbdown:

it's understandable.

i hate not getting any feedback on stuff after i've taken the time to read the whole thing. :thumbdown:

See, now I have to reply to you and you then have to reply to me else we're going to seem mean!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

We could be here all night!! :shocked:

Vix x

Vix x

I see your point of view on this :biggrin2:

Also its so so visible for me that people develop friendships , on my normal time zone I know many people as friends , have met them and have a bond .... sometimes and we are all guilty its easier to talk to friends rather than an unknown forum name

Thats what made is so strong at the strart , nobody knew each other so we talked to everyone .. now many are isolated to one thread

I think it is amazing that MFC doesn't see more disagreements. We are 7300 people, all individuals, we all like MIKA's music, some like MIKA's face, some want to meet him, some don't care, all reasons are good reasons to be here!!

We are also on different time zones, so when I am having lunch, you are going to bed, (like now) or while I sleep you are all chattering madly and I can't find where was up to when I get up in the morning. I think it is best to drop into threads where you enjoy being, and get to know people there. People are reading even if they don't respond to every post. Remember there are a whole lot of people reading as guests. There are 24 of us online as I write, and 33 guests. You can check who is on on the "home" link of the forum. You know the day we had 746 members online, can you imagine how anybody got heard??? Don't take it personally Vix!!

And actually the thread that got deleted really did get a bit out of hand, but no need to keep apologising. I think we need to remember the forums are public, anyone can read what you write so before you click on "submit reply", just think if you'd like to see it on the front page tomorrow....:shocked:

And as Wendi said there are several people you can talk to here if things are getting uncomfortable for you. Moderators, oldlings, and all can be done via PM in confidence that nobody else reads. :thumb_yello:

I think it is amazing that MFC doesn't see more disagreements. We are 7300 people, all individuals, we all like MIKA's music, some like MIKA's face, some want to meet him, some don't care, all reasons are good reasons to be here!!

We are also on different time zones, so when I am having lunch, you are going to bed, (like now) or while I sleep you are all chattering madly and I can't find where was up to when I get up in the morning. I think it is best to drop into threads where you enjoy being, and get to know people there. People are reading even if they don't respond to every post. Remember there are a whole lot of people reading as guests. There are 24 of us online as I write, and 33 guests. You can check who is on on the "home" link of the forum. You know the day we had 746 members online, can you imagine how anybody got heard??? Don't take it personally Vix!!

And actually the thread that got deleted really did get a bit out of hand, but no need to keep apologising. I think we need to remember the forums are public, anyone can read what you write so before you click on "submit reply", just think if you'd like to see it on the front page tomorrow....:shocked:

And as Wendi said there are several people you can talk to here if things are getting uncomfortable for you. Moderators, oldlings, and all can be done via PM in confidence that nobody else reads. :thumb_yello:

Nice post

It also shows how much that thread affected everyone in here as we mostly are so close

Many forums have that kind of tear up all the time and its accepted

Btw .. Mikas backup singer is amazzingggg live :wub2::biggrin2:

Vix x

Now you see, for me, it's quite the opposite, I feel like I have made quite good friends with a good few people and all from different countries. But this is because some of us do 'hang out' together, for instance in the apple thread, so some people might think we are one of those non-welcoming groups, but in reality, we have all just found that we share a similar humour and understand each other. But I do have friends not in our little group as well, I can't name them all, too many. Also I have really liked nearly every one from the MFC that I have met at Mika gigs, even if I don't talk to them much on here.

All in all, it's a very positive experience for me, not withstanding the odd argument.

Whether they like me may be a very different matter.:shocked:

Vix x

Another thing vix, I haven't spoken to you much on here, maybe once or twice, but I feel that you are one of the regulars, so I regard you as a fixture.

That's quite OK in my book, don't know how you feel about it.:naughty:

I was quite disappointed to find you had been at the TBA gig and we hadn't realised, I saw you, but didn't realise till afterwards that it was you!

Sometimes I look at who is online, and although I don't really talk to some people, I feel like if we were working together or something, I would pass by them and just say hi , but you can't really do that on here.

For instance, if I see someone who hasn't been on the MFC for ages, even if I have never spoken to them but I recognise the name, I feel like saying 'hi, long time no see' but would feel a bit stupid, but in real life, if I passed them somewhere I would say it.

Tell me about it haha. No one gets my humor...:no:

Was that supposed to be a joke?

(:naughty: )

And I just got off the phone with Mika. He said we're all supposed to shut up and listen harder for the subliminal messages.

Sometimes I look at who is online, and although I don't really talk to some people, I feel like if we were working together or something, I would pass by them and just say hi , but you can't really do that on here.

Would you visit me in my little cubicle if we worked together?

Another thing vix, I haven't spoken to you much on here, maybe once or twice, but I feel that you are one of the regulars, so I regard you as a fixture.

That's quite OK in my book, don't know how you feel about it.:naughty:

I was quite disappointed to find you had been at the TBA gig and we hadn't realised, I saw you, but didn't realise till afterwards that it was you!

For instance, if I see someone who hasn't been on the MFC for ages, even if I have never spoken to them but I recognise the name, I feel like saying 'hi, long time no see' but would feel a bit stupid, but in real life, if I passed them somewhere I would say it.

That's really great to know cos I feel like a fixture!! :wink2:

That's my point though, I see lots of names on here regularly and feel like I know them...........the style of the posting, the humour, etc........but I don't "know" them in the sense that I don't have any interaction with them.

I didn't really post on here til the Secret Diaries thread as I mentioned above (think I'd posted about 100 times from January to September) partly due to not feeling in the gang and partly due to being really unwell (I had a major op in July and I'm still off work recovering - hence being on here so much and posting!! :biggrin2:) but I always read avidly which is why you get the feeling that you "know" people when you don't. It's like how you feel about Mika on a much smaller scale!! He seems like an old friend just from stalking.....ermm, I mean observing him from a far............whether he likes it or not! :shocked:

Anyway, I'm rambling now but you get my drift!

I don't want everyone feeling that they have to talk to me now but it is good that people recognise me when I pop in! :thumb_yello:

Oh, and the TBA thing? That was in the weeks when a few people really upset me and I didn't think I'd ever get on with anyone from the MFC after that! Luckily, I've had a new lease of life on here.....for fear of her thinking I'm stalking/observing her too.....I have to say it's down to Ingie :wub2: .... she's just fab!

Vix x

I wondered where did ya end up... :boxed: and you know that I mean it. i thought I had chocked ya with my mika-honey.. ever since bologna I am sickening sweet about him :wub2: but I cannot help it.. :blush-anim-cl:

I have not followed the whole backsinger thing, before gig I was not much online and then I dived head over heels into the gigs section (france before, italy after). but I think I kinda understood there was some complaint about his backsinger. as far as about me, from what I could see she's a good singer and just plays along on stage with the others. she seemed a smiley girl and cute. her voice is rather powerful and.. *gets ready to be shoot* though I liked missionary man, it's not my fave mika cover yet. so I didn't care that much about the fact her voice actually covers mika's. don't know the original surprisingly, as I love eurythmics.. could it be she sings so loud cause she's singing annie's part..? I have no idea, seriously.. :boxed:

Nah it takes more to scare me away:roftl: And about the backing singer, I'll save further comments until after I've seen her live, it was just the whole idea of us not having the right to dislike her because Mika has hired her and yadda yadda that put me off :boxed:

You have a point!:cool:

I agree with what you say.

Off course it's a good thing when people appologies and say they are sorry, but I have had a little feeling it has gone overboard some times....:mf_rosetinted:

I know I'm jumping in to deep water by saying this, but can it be a culture thing?

In both our countries we are very used to people speaking their mind, loud and clear.:biggrin2:

PLease don't shoot me for this, it's just a little thought..

And a question.:thumb_yello:

I have often thought that culture does probably affect how we post and also how we read what's posted, not in this case in particular but well...there have been times when I've thought it :blink: I know you and I have shared the same view before and a lot of people have disagreed with us at least :wink2:

MFC is so unique in its politeness and friendliness. I wouldn't touch any other internet forum with a bargepole because most (as deano rightly said) are disgusting places!

I'm always fascinated by the social dynamic of this forum - mostly from what I observe, as I am more an observer/reader/lurker/occasional interjector than a big poster. I have only started two thread since I joined in February :roftl:

As a result, like you vixenbbw, I sometimes don't feel a part of the social thing of the forum but I actually don't care about that. I am mainly here to talk about Mika and although I will go into a random or daft thread now and again if it interests me and if it is amusing, I'd rather discuss Mika. If that is perceived as 'not getting into the social thing' then so be it. In real life I am not a particularly extrovert, friend-seeking person so I don't see I should try to be one on a forum. But I do like a lot of the people I 'know' on here, in as much as you can like someone you have never met!

I don't like to stay in just one or two threads or become part of a clique because I like to think I can discuss things with anyone, regardless of age or nationality - for example I enjoy exchanging views with some of the younger members of the forum because this is something I wouldn't do in 'real life'; it broadens my horizons!

Just one thing: if I left the forum for a while I'd find it very hard to 'get back in'. I'm sure a lot of people feel like that. Maybe there should be a Reintroduction Thread or something for people who for whatever reason feel they have become invisible or isolated or just out of touch with what's going on? Just a thought.

MFC is so unique in its politeness and friendliness. I wouldn't touch any other internet forum with a bargepole because most (as deano rightly said) are disgusting places!

I'm always fascinated by the social dynamic of this forum - mostly from what I observe, as I am more an observer/reader/lurker/occasional interjector than a big poster. I have only started two thread since I joined in February :roftl:

As a result, like you vixenbbw, I sometimes don't feel a part of the social thing of the forum but I actually don't care about that. I am mainly here to talk about Mika and although I will go into a random or daft thread now and again if it interests me and if it is amusing, I'd rather discuss Mika. If that is perceived as 'not getting into the social thing' then so be it. In real life I am not a particularly extrovert, friend-seeking person so I don't see I should try to be one on a forum. But I do like a lot of the people I 'know' on here, in as much as you can like someone you have never met!

I don't like to stay in just one or two threads or become part of a clique because I like to think I can discuss things with anyone, regardless of age or nationality - for example I enjoy exchanging views with some of the younger members of the forum because this is something I wouldn't do in 'real life'; it broadens my horizons!

Just one thing: if I left the forum for a while I'd find it very hard to 'get back in'. I'm sure a lot of people feel like that. Maybe there should be a Reintroduction Thread or something for people who for whatever reason feel they have become invisible or isolated or just out of touch with what's going on? Just a thought.

For people who have lost touch with reality?! :shocked::wink2::blink:

Like care in the community! :roftl: :roftl:

Vix x

For people who have lost touch with reality?! :shocked::wink2::blink:

Like care in the community! :roftl: :roftl:

Vix x

Yes - the MFC Rehabilitation Thread. :shocked:

Then we'd all be stigmatised of course and no-one would come near us ever again...........:mf_rosetinted:

Oh, and the TBA thing? That was in the weeks when a few people really upset me and I didn't think I'd ever get on with anyone from the MFC after that! Luckily, I've had a new lease of life on here.....for fear of her thinking I'm stalking/observing her too.....I have to say it's down to Ingie :wub2: .... she's just fab!

Vix x

:wub2: :wub2: You're welcome darling.

Okay, my opinion on this matter. Stand back I'm about to steam:roftl:

Anyways, I haven't been on here since the very very beginning. In May I decided to come on here because of my love for Mika and it seemed like a nice place to me. I've never been on any other fanforum before, well, once or twice maybe but that didn't last very long because most places died or the members were very unfriendly. And when I first came here I felt immediately welcome. Though in the beginning I felt kinda awkward to post because everyone seemed to know everyone, logical since the forum wasn't that big back then. But once I posted, everyone was really friendly and accepted me which made me feel happy and made me come on here more and more. Back then I was the only one who liked Mika in real life where I lived and everyone told me to shut up when I talked about him. Here I finally met people who I could talk with and share my feelings with.

But as time moved on, the forums grew bigger and bigger and that did resulted in some groups around the forums. I'm not saying these groups weren't welcoming towards new members because they were and are still. And I think it's normal that you mostly talk to people who share the same interest, humor etc. besides Mika. But for a newbie, it must feel like interrupting and they might be afraid that they are being told off.

Then Mika went on holiday for a month. There was no Mika news and so there wasn't a lot to talk about. Then Elanorelle gave me the idea for the diary and I made it. Unaware of the fact that it might either be too personal or offend people. I didn't see it back then. I was just grateful that at least we had something to talk about now, that we could enjoy a laugh because things seemed to get more serious and I'm not a serious person so I can't stand it. I can be serious at times, but I have to be serious in real life already so I come here to relax. Anyways, the thread was very popular until all of a sudden Freddie made me realize that things were a little too personal. And when I read it back I agreed it was and I said that I would stop making them. But then there were some people who started making me feel really bad. One of them, she was very young but still, started insulting me and when I PMed her to ask here what was going on, in a friendly way, she even started swearing more. I just decided to ignore her, because I don't want to waste my energy on people like that. I can get along with the other person who said something about it that I interpretated as an attack on me because I'm not someone who holds grudges against anyone. Point is, I would've wanted them to say it way earlier so there wouldn't have been any drama. Luckily there were lots of people sticking up for me:thumb_yello:

Anyways, that was my experience with the changes. But I still see this as my home, see all of you as some sort of online family and if I hated it here then I wouldn't be here anymore right? We can't go back to the way it was back in the day. I believe that is the reason that some of the oldest members don't come on here very often anymore. Pity. Let's just try to be nice to each other. Ofcourse disagreements are inevitable, but just ignore the person you disagree with and if you want to discuss about it, do it in a mature way. That way we can keep this a place where everyone feels welcome:thumb_yello: