Happy Ending in UK Top 10

Blue Sky

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have FOUR singles off one album made it into the top 10??? That's amazing.:wub2:

Go Mika. We TOTALLY LOVE YOU!:wub2:

(Personally I have bought 8 copies of LiCM...UK, US, Japanese, and soon to arrive is my Chinese version. I would buy the Eorpean version too, but it costs too much from Japan!!)

(Personally I have bought 8 copies of LiCM...UK, US, Japanese, and soon to arrive is my Chinese version. I would buy the Eorpean version too, but it costs too muchfrom Japan!!)

:shocked: Wow! You are amazing! I just have the American version that I bought in stores, as well as the American version that I downloaded from iTunes...it has the acoustic version of Grace Kelly! :wub2:

Well Hollis, there are Erase, Ring ring AND My Sympathy on the Japanese version of LiCM, which came out MONTHS after the others, so I had bought 3 before I realised that. The Japanese one gave us little stickers for your cell phone too, and all the lyrics for the songs. (if you want it you can get it from HMV Japan store, for about $20 plus postage.) The Chinese one has a green outlined MIKA on the cover, not the usual pink.

Can't even get Happy Ending here yet. I have ordered it from the UK I doubt they will release Big Girl here...considering almost NOBODY but me is big:roftl:

Did anyone get a GK edition that had Satellite on it? It is listed as a track on HMV downloads as part of GK. I never saw that.

It's great that Happy Ending has made it to #7 here. :thumb_yello:

Unfortunately I don't think it will go any higher now and certainly not get to #1. There are too many singles competing with it, songs that are not yet on released albums etc. by some very big artists.

However, when you really stop and think about it, it is impressive enough that Happy Ending has got to even #7. Mika has done NO promo for it at all - it has been on radio playlists, that's all, and of course the video channels. plus of course it's the 4th (proper) release from an album which has already sold almost a million copies in the UK and has been in the Top 20 albums since February (and most of that time in the Top Ten).

Amazing :shocked: and so it doesn't matter it won't be #1.

One ceratin thing is that as soon as Mika releases a single not from LICM, it WILL be #1. If any bookmaker can give me odds on that right now I will have a large bet and I am not a betting woman :bleh:

Unfortunately I don't think it will go any higher now and certainly not get to #1. There are too many singles competing with it, songs that are not yet on released albums etc. by some very big artists.

I agree with you. It is the 4th single from an album and no new song on the single at all... ( Actually, I am not sure about the 7" version. I did want to buy it but it was unavailable where I wanted to buy it last week in the UK and had no time or plan to go to Oxford Street to get it)

So, I don't think it will climb any higher, but reaching No 7 is a great achievement under these circumstances.

By the way, has anyone seen the video on MTV/ VH1? They don't seem to play it as often as the other ones. In fact, I have never seen it on these channels...