erase

laulau

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a really really second rate version of this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LF8unwxhNho

Not Mika at all.

Holy crap - the first few bars are actually quite similar to "Erase" - you could almost start singing "I shouldn't have called so late last night, all insecure, out of my mind..."

Wow.

Holy crap - the first few bars are actually quite similar to "Erase" - you could almost start singing "I shouldn't have called so late last night, all insecure, out of my mind..."

Wow.

This song is one of the top singles of all time in the UK. I'm certain that's why Erase was never included on the album.

In addition to Jodi Marr and Mika, "Erase" was also co-written by Desmond Child. He's a heavyweight songwriter who has written for the likes of Ricky Martin, Robbie Williams and Kelly Clarkson - not to mention about ten bazillion songs for Bon Jovi. I always thought "Erase" was somewhat Bon Jovi-esque, and also among the most "manufactured" songs on LICM. I would put money on a bet that it's certainly not one of Mika's favourites. That and, if he's going to take the tempo down at a concert, my guess is that he prefers to sing "Any Other World".

That said, I think Erase would do well on North American radio.

Ah, I forgot about him. Desmond Child indeed. That sounds familiar now.

And I completely agree with you on the Bon Jovi-esque sound of Erase (search on the forum for my member name and Bon Jovi - it's all about Erase :naughty: ). Although it is not my favourite Mika song I really wonder what it would sound like when it's performed live. So I hope one day he will make an exception. :naughty:

I agree with Christine about the similarity with Angels too, but for me it's still more like a Bon Jovi song to me (and I can't stand BJ's voice...).

Yeah Blue, it sucks as bad as a Bon Jovi song if that's what you mean :roftl:

I'm not even a big fan of Robbie Williams, but Angels is far better. I think whoever is responsible for Erase was following the same formula, but between the lame lyrics and the lack of originality it doesn't come close.

I think if Mika was into writing songs like Erase he would have just done that instead of battling with record companies to get Big Girl and Billy Brown published.

Like I said in another thread: the only place where I play Erase is in my car, with the volume on max so that I can sing along, no - scream along while driving on the motorway :naughty: like I sometimes do with BJ or RW songs. I never listen to their songs at home or on my Ipod, never. And Erase sounds so... American. I have no other word to describe it, from the first time I heard it it was 'so American' for me.