When you finally meet him-WHAT DO YOU SAY?!!

Suzy

So I've been thinking...

Many of us MFCers have spent:

-Countless hours on this forum talking about Mika and everything Mika-related.

-Time and money on buying concert tickets, airplane tickets, costumes, etc.

But when we finally meet the man, we can hardly think of two words to say! It boggles my mind that apart from the other highlights of seeing his performance and meeting other MFCers, that we don't think about preparing ourselves for what to say when we're face to face with him.

So I'm going to start off with 2 lists. First - a list of what NOT to say,

and second, a list of topics that might be less annoying for Mika to hear and that he might actually be interested in knowing. And then you can all offer some suggestions and I'll continue on with the lists. It will be useful for others to provide their opinions and past experiences in this discussion.

**It's good to remember that even if there is the chance of meeting him, there might not be an opportunity to say much more than telling him you loved the concert and then asking for an autograph and/or picture. **:biggrin2:

Let's remember that we're MIKA FAN CLUB members and we want to distinguish ourselves as being Mika's best fans.

THINGS NOT TO SAY or DO

(because he's heard it a million times, or it sounds shallow, or you'll scare him off, or its just plain stupid)

1. "Mika, you're so hot!" (Some things are better left unsaid -even if we mean it with all our hearts)

2. Do not ramble. Mika is not interested in more than 2 sentences, unless he asks you a question to prompt more discussion with you. There are dozens waiting for their turn.

3. From my own learning experience, keep autographs limited to one item, 2 maybe... (I made him sign 3 things in Chicago and my husband showed me the video afterwards...I felt retarded).

4. pinch his butt and use the "secret" word so everyone can be ready to snap a picture - pinkunicorn

5. jump him - stein

6. faint (cause you'll miss al the fun) - stein

7. fall over you shoelaces -stein

8.. hug him without permission, you might end up embaressed -stein

8. try to sing love today like you mean it... same scenario: verrrry embarassing -stein

THINGS TO SAYor DO, or TOPICS to CONSIDER

(This might be a more difficult list).

1. "So thrilled/happy to finally meet you (or to meet you again, I first met you at ----)"

2. "Thank you for a great(awesome/fabulous) concert(performance). I loved the part when/I most enjoyed the part ----" - stein

3. Breathe. Be calm. - Blue Sky

4. Make a list (especially if you have messages to deliver for other fans) - Blue Sky

5. Yell at him (?) - Yoppappop *I think she's kidding...* :naughty:

6. "Get your as...er, please come back to Canada." - Christine (the clean version)

7. "What are you doing in January? Will you continue to work on your album or tour?" - Christine

8. Clarify lyrics to "How Much Do You Love Me".

9. Talk about the gift you have for him (if you have one - and practice this or make a list) - Marianne84

10. Ask about his earring (if he wore one before, or if its just a freckle):roftl: - Hanna

11. Speak naturally - lillibet

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just before I met him in Tokyo, I asked Miina what we would say, and we both had NO IDEA. So I took the approach that I would just be polite, not a screaming teenage fan:mf_lustslow: (which inside I felt like, but outside I don't look like because I am almost old enough to be his mother hahahaha)

But most importantly, BREATHE. Try to be calm and then you will be able to think what you want to say more clearly. It is very hard, he has a BIG AURA, and you keep thinking OMG my dream has come TRUE, here is MIKA right in front of me....:shocked:

Actually if you have messages from other fans, it might be good to have a small list prepared, you are guaranteed to forget everything standing in front of him!! LOL!!

Just before I met him in Tokyo, I asked Miina what we would say, and we both had NO IDEA. So I took the approach that I would just be polite, not a screaming teenage fan:mf_lustslow: (which inside I felt like, but outside I don't look like because I am almost old enough to be his mother hahahaha)

But most importantly, BREATHE. Try to be calm and then you will be able to think what you want to say more clearly. It is very hard, he has a BIG AURA, and you keep thinking OMG my dream has come TRUE, here is MIKA right in front of me....:shocked:

Actually if you have messages from other fans, it might be good to have a small list prepared, you are guaranteed to forget everything standing in front of him!! LOL!!

YES !!! Having your message helped me alot , Blue Sky !!! :wink2:

I would love to yell at Mika, but I'm not taking any chances. I don't know if I can pull it off like Yop. :naughty:

I want to tell him to get his ass back to Canada and want to know what he's doing in January. Is he going to make an album or still touring? And of course where. I want to ask him to clarify some lyrics for How Much Do You Love Me?

Of course realistically I will probably just say something mindless like "the concert was awesome". I don't think I'll feel comfortable trying to getting him to focus his attention on me with so many people around. If we could have a semi-private conversation it would be one thing, but I'm not going to have much to say to someone who is surrounded by a couple of dozen people shoving cameras and pens in his face.

When I think of what I said to him, I want to kick myself.

See, I have this problem, when I can't think of something to say, I repeat myself by accident. I handed him my card, and while I was putting it in his hand I said, "Here is a card that I made for you," sounding like a 10 year old little girl, and when he was looking at it, I said, "I made it for you." I had SO much stuff I wanted to ask him, SO many things I wanted to tell him, but no. That's all I said. That and, "I'm great, how are you? I'm Hannah."

I think that, if there is a next time, I am definitely going to write a list. I want to ask him about his damn earring.

I would love to yell at Mika, but I'm not taking any chances. I don't know if I can pull it off like Yop. :naughty:

I want to tell him to get his ass back to Canada and want to know what he's doing in January. Is he going to make an album or still touring? And of course where. I want to ask him to clarify some lyrics for How Much Do You Love Me?

Of course realistically I will probably just say something mindless like "the concert was awesome". I don't think I'll feel comfortable trying to getting him to focus his attention on me with so many people around. If we could have a semi-private conversation it would be one thing, but I'm not going to have much to say to someone who is surrounded by a couple of dozen people shoving cameras and pens in his face.

oh you stop it, christine! you stole all my questions. :sneaky2: aside the canada one o.c.

lemme know the answers. :mf_rosetinted:

I think that, if there is a next time, I am definitely going to write a list. I want to ask him about his damn earring.

There is no earring. I'll have to ask him that too now, just to prove it.

lemme know the answers. :mf_rosetinted:

Aren't you going to be standing next to me listening for yourself?

I wish you would. :roftl: Okay, I can see how it looks like a freckle, I'd think it was a freckle too, but I've seen a photo of him with a large, black dot there, that looked like some type of earring.

Ask him. :naughty:

Ask him. :naughty:

Actually I have another impulse that would test out your theory but I'm going to restrain myself.

Man, Mika is lucky I'm almost old enough to be his mother. If I was 20 years younger he'd be in a lot of trouble. Or at least I would, when they carted me away.

I am not shy at all and could be Mika's mother.

So , when I met him at Torino, it was easy for me to say: " Mika, take care of you, you are ill !", and he looked at me and answered: " my throat , then, my arm and my leg make me suffering, the beginning of this tour is very tiring"

And he continued to sign autographs.

I think he appreciate when fans talk to him naturally, but some of them are so impressed that they become dumb!

Aren't you going to be standing next to me listening for yourself?

well, that's the plan. but with mr M you can't always stick to plans, you know. I'll have to improvise. :mf_rosetinted:

as for the earring, yes, he did wear one in past. now he's left with a pierced ear (left, I think).

well, that's the plan. but with mr M you can't always stick to plans, you know. I'll have to improvise. :mf_rosetinted:

as for the earring, yes, he did wear one in past. now he's left with a pierced ear (left, I think).

Yeah Mika can be slippery. I'll probably stay in the queue while Suzy chases him down because she needs to give him things.

How do you know about the piercing?

seen pics of him wearing earring.

I'm debated to wait in the queue and at the same time chase him (my speciality, you know.. :mf_rosetinted: sadly i am not always lucky in fetching him..:boxed: ). maybe you can save us place when we go hunting LOL also in bloody brixton I have my tick to collect at the booth, cause they'd not ship overseas. :thumbdown: