Whos mika performing with?

BVS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i think Mika is the greatest ever, no words can describe his uniqueness and greatness, but i want to know why at his gigs and performances( ie MTV EMAs) he his performing with a backup singer. he doesnt need another singer on stage backing his singing up!

who was the woman with blue hair who he peformed with at the EMAs and whos the woman in the kinda ra-ra girl outfit at his concerts (i have seen her in some gig photos)?

Also, at the EMAs i think that his performance was absolutely astonishing and admirable (is that a word?), like he himself and his band gave an amazing peformance, but i didnt understand why he had the massive puppet(that was also great, i loved it) and the dancers in the masks and stripy jumpsuits and the half naked woman dancing around and the woman with the blue hair.

personally i dont think that he needed all of this and i dont think that this was Mika at all or it wasnt one of the best performances!

Sorry, i just needed a little moment and rant, and to see if other people felt the same or could help answer my questions. i mean sure enough im a massive fan of Mika, but i dont have to love everthing he does, do i?

i know this is long but i needed to get it off my chest.

Mika is you read this i would like to let you know that just because you didnt win any awards doesnt mean your not great, you do have the most addictive track of the year and you are the greatest solo artist of the year as well, you dont need an award to prove that your the greatest person and musician ever invented in the history of music, you still have all of your fans that will stick with you throughout your entire career and beyond (lol) and dont forget you are constanty gaining new fans!!!!!!

(please tell me if im being harsh or horrible, its just how i feel)

*USUALLY WHEN SOMEONE SAYS

"I don't understand" or "I don't get it"

MIKA SAYS--

"I DONT KNOW; IT'S JUST 'POINTLESSLY DELICIOUS'"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A861QtFG2BM

[iN MIKA'S OWN WORDS]

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, i think Mika is the greatest ever, no words can describe his uniqueness and greatness, but i want to know why at his gigs and performances( ie MTV EMAs) he his performing with a backup singer. he doesnt need another singer on stage backing his singing up! [/Quote]

Greatest ever, yes that. About the backup singer, Saranayde, I partly agree with you when you say, he basically doesn't need another backup voice. It doesn't hurt, though. Plus I really liked the new duet for Missionary Man. It's powerful and I really really enjoyed it. :thumb_yello:

But I also really embrace the fact that Happy Ending is no longer performed as a real duet. I like it much better with only the M in front. He's all that song needs, really.

who was the woman with blue hair who he peformed with at the EMAs and whos the woman in the kinda ra-ra girl outfit at his concerts (i have seen her in some gig photos)?[/Quote]

Both times the same.

Also, at the EMAs i think that his performance was absolutely astonishing and admirable (is that a word?), like he himself and his band gave an amazing peformance, but i didnt understand why he had the massive puppet(that was also great, i loved it) and the dancers in the masks and stripy jumpsuits and the half naked woman dancing around and the woman with the blue hair.

personally i dont think that he needed all of this and i dont think that this was Mika at all or it wasnt one of the best performances!

But... that is what he is going for. It's the magic he creates that allows people to just jump into his un-real superhypermad poetic world with everything they have and forget.

I think I know what you mean, though. He's not actually IN NEED of doing that because, as I said earlier (and blimey, that was WAY before I have seen him live on site myself) he can easily take over the place by nothing but himself. Really, it is true.

I wish that Koko performance was available on dvd, btw...:wink2:

But he wants to do what he does, it's his plan to take over the world and (even though I had my doubts about it before) I think it IS Mika. Inside and outside and all around. And in spite of all the glitter and poetic episodes ( I love the Skelly scene) you can see him shine right through, brighter than the spotlight he's standing in.

Sorry, i just needed a little moment and rant, and to see if other people felt the same or could help answer my questions. i mean sure enough im a massive fan of Mika, but i dont have to love everthing he does, do i?

Of course not. Neither do I. I'll never get that weird Glastonbury-Ditto thing.

i know this is long but i needed to get it off my chest.

Mika is you read this i would like to let you know that just because you didnt win any awards doesnt mean your not great, you do have the most addictive track of the year and you are the greatest solo artist of the year as well, you dont need an award to prove that your the greatest person and musician ever invented in the history of music, you still have all of your fans that will stick with you throughout your entire career and beyond (lol) and dont forget you are constanty gaining new fans!!!!!!

(please tell me if im being harsh or horrible, its just how i feel)

You know, people might want to slap me for that but I'm actually glad he didn't win any of those cheap MTV thingies. Just because I have seen who got them. And I don't see him in a line with obnoxious Avril L. and Amy W., who is a wreck and has for sure left her best time behind herself by now already.

I know he wanted one of those awards. It became pretty obvious when he said at the Munich gig 'Who needs the f ucking MTV award?!...' It was clear he was disappointed even though he tried to play it off, and standing there, seeing that, and just in that minute I thought 'I wish he had gotten it'.

I'm aware that there is more to it than just the trophy and a thank you speech, but probably lots of money, more freedom from the side of the label etc... yada yada but still... a MIKA is not in need of MTV.

He deserves the best.

I know he wanted one of those awards. It became pretty obvious when he said at the Munich gig 'Who needs the f ucking MTV award?!...' It was clear he was disappointed even though he tried to play it off, and standing there, seeing that, and just in that minute I thought 'I wish he had gotten it'.

I'm aware that there is more to it than just the trophy and a thank you speech, but probably lots of money, more freedom from the side of the label etc... yada yada but still... a MIKA is not in need of MTV.

He deserves the best.

I am so glad someone got it off their chest finally...even if it was not him:mf_rosetinted:

the only point I question is that money comes with these awards.... I think it's more like record companies paying MTV to promote their artists...

I am so glad someone got it off their chest finally...even if it was not him:mf_rosetinted:

the only point I question is that money comes with these awards.... I think it's more like record companies paying MTV to promote their artists...

May well be, I have no idea about the business, to be honest.

I just think it is not all what it seems...

BTW, HAPPY 555th post, suzie! :flowers2:

• 3 months later...