Contest: "Bir girl" remixed by 500 DJ's

Pamette

http://musique.evous.fr/Big-Girl-de-Mika-remixe-par-500-DJ,2518.html

"DJ Buzz, le premier "pool" de DJs français, a lancé un concours de remixes sur la chanson Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) de Mika. Chacun des 520 disc-jockeys participants va ainsi recevoir les éléments qui composent le morceau afin de les retravailler et d’en proposer une nouvelle version.

C’est Mika lui-même qui désignera le vainqueur. Selon son label Barclay, cette opération est "une belle opportunité pour les jeunes DJ qui veulent faire découvrir leur talent".

A noter que son premier opus Life in Cartoon Motion s’est déjà écoulé à plus de trois millions d’exemplaires à travers le monde. Plusieurs de ses chansons ont déjà fait l’objet de remixes, parfois non officiels, souvent disponibles sur Internet"

http://www.djbuzz.com/en/pages_music/epk.asp?numdisc=1186

DJ Buzz and Barclay are organizing a Remix contest of Mika's last single "Big Girl". DJ Buzz will provide the parts of the track to its 520 DJs members, so they can rework, remake the structure of the song.

If the winning remix is accepted by Mika, it will be used promotionally & even sent to some radios. As the bootlegs are becoming very important in DJs sets, the best bootleg will be awarded too.

There will be a fee if the remix is commercially released, but mostly it's above all things a great creative opportunity for young talented DJs / producers to show their talent. It's also a way for Mika to thank those who contributed to his success: the DJs.

Not a member? The tracks are at the link below. Go bootleg this!

Mica himself will choose the winner. :groupwave:

It's funny because there are every part of the song; the voices, the guitar,...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey he's gonna be a busy boy if he has to listen to all 500 entries!

But since he seems to like his remixes, he's had them on every single so far, I think he's gonna enjoy it.

I'm looking forward to hearing the winner.

Mica himself will choose the winner.

He's going to listen to 500 remixes of himself singing? That would drive anyone nuts. :blink:

It's funny because there are every part of the song; the voices, the guitar,...

It's interesting to dissect the song, hear its parts individually. Thanks for that. :thumb_yello:

I think I may actually take a wack at this :lmao:

This should be interesting:naughty:

Edit: How/where do I download the seperate tracks?

2nd EDIT: Nevermind, the deadline is today hahahahah. But I still want to try it anyways haha

I think I may actually take a wack at this :lmao:

This should be interesting:naughty:

Edit: How/where do I download the seperate tracks?

2nd EDIT: Nevermind, the deadline is today hahahahah. But I still want to try it anyways haha

I have them if you want them. They range from 0:30 to 1:01 in length each.