Mika in/on DAG

Blue

DAG is a free daily newspaper in the Netherlands. In today's issue of DAG there's an article about Mika. Nothing new, nothing we don't know yet (so actually no translation needed) but it's quite nice anyway that they mention him a few days before his gig in the HMH. :thumb_yello:

The paper version of the article comes with a pic of Mika against a background with two giant awards from Monaco. The website version of the article is a summary of the paper version and it shows a different pic from the same collection. On the website there's also the video from Taratata in which Mika sings 'Aux Champs Elysées'.

http://www.dag.nl/Video/Artikelpagina-Video/MagistraleMika.htm

20:19 Magistrale Mika

05-11-2007 | Door: DAG

Mika is pas vierentwintig, buitengewoon muzikaal en een regelrechte hit. Komend weekend is hij in Nederland en treed hij op in de Heineken Music Hall.

Mika werd als Michael Holbrook Penniman geboren in Beiroet in Libanon. Toen hij 1 jaar was, vluchtte zijn familie vanwege de oorlog naar Parijs, en acht jaar later naar Londen. Om zijn eenzame gevoel te verdrijven, vluchtte hij achter de piano. Dyslectisch als hij was, kon hij niet de bladmuziek van zijn zus spelen; hij werd gedwongen zijn eigen muziek te componeren. Op zijn 11de speelde hij in de Royal Opera of London. Pas op zijn zestiende ontdekte hij de popmuziek.

Inmiddels is hij succesvol over de hele wereld en zijn de vergelijkingen met andere popgrootheden niet van de lucht. The Bee Gees (hoge stemmetjes), Mariah Carey (stembereik), the Scissor Sisters (camp-achtige muziek) en Freddy Mercury (showman) zijn enkele voorbeelden. Oordeel zelf...

I hope a fellow Dutchie can scan the paper version. I can't, I have the DAG but no working scanner.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a scanner, but I don't have the newspaper.. </3 Too bad, because it's always nice to hang it up on your bedroom-wall, where all the special things are hanging :blush-anim-cl:. But is it a newspaper which you get delivered, or can you get it (for example) at the trainstation? Just like the other Dutch daily newspaper Metro? But I don't think I can get it... Because it was the one from yesterday, and it's allready wednesday... Time goes fast :sneaky2: