So who should Mika write songs to?

suzie

I think most of us agree that Mika has the right to prohibit certain artists to use his songs but can you think of any singers / bands you would love to hear sing Mika's yet unreleased or released songs???

There might be artists who

1., cannot write songs or

2., have lost their songwriting ability but still have a great voice

.., so it would be great if Mika helped them revamp their career...

:blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Madonna:biggrin2:

Michael Jackson:naughty:

Paul McCartney (just joking, he can write his own songs!) :cool:

I think Michael Jackson does not deserve Mika. :naughty:

He behaved rather nasty on one of his previous (then unreleased) collaborations.:sneaky2:

Paul McCartney idea is great. I'd like the idea of Mika writing something Beatles-like and asking Paul to make it even more Beatles sounding :blush-anim-cl: like the thing Macca did with Heal the Pain.... It really sounds like a Beatles song now:wub2:

I think Michael Jackson does not deserve Mika. :naughty:

He behaved rather nasty on one of his previous (then unreleased) collaborations.:sneaky2:

Paul McCartney idea is great. I'd like the idea of Mika writing something Beatles-like and asking Paul to make it even more Beatles sounding :blush-anim-cl: like the thing Macca did with Heal the Pain.... It really sounds like a Beatles song now:wub2:

Macca and Mika!

Sounds great.

I think it would be great if Mika wrote songs for Kylie. That would be great.

Macca and Mika!

Sounds great.

I think it would be great if Mika wrote songs for Kylie. That would be great.

Macca and Mika, yes! I'd like to hear that.

But Kylie...I'm just not a fan of Kylie, sorry. I think she is vastly overrated and I'm not really sure why she is so venerated in this country. But that's just my opinion. :mf_rosetinted:

Macca and Mika, yes! I'd like to hear that.

But Kylie...I'm just not a fan of Kylie, sorry. I think she is vastly overrated and I'm not really sure why she is so venerated in this country. But that's just my opinion. :mf_rosetinted:

Another British radio mystery. Her version of Locomotion was big here in the '80s and that was the last anyone ever heard of her as far as I know. I haven't listened to Canadian radio in several years so maybe she's made a comeback but she was never as popular as she was in Britain that's for sure.

I think Mika should start his own label and scout his own talent and use his songs to launch them. It's difficult to imagine anyone out there at the moment singing Mika's songs but there's obviously a place for new artists like him.

This whole Boyzone thing makes me wonder though if Mika is not going to have an inherent prejudice against anyone who is looking to record his song because they think it's going to be a huge hit. It's the exact opposite philosophy that Mika has operated on in his own career and perhaps he isn't going to have much respect for any artist that prefers to cash in on Mika's talent rather than make their own music for creative reasons.

I'm just not a fan of Kylie, sorry. I think she is vastly overrated and I'm not really sure why she is so venerated in this country. :mf_rosetinted:

Then maybe should sing 'Overrated':naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

OK, I am sorry, I take it back. She would definitely ruin it....:mf_rosetinted:

Another British radio mystery. Her version of Locomotion was big here in the '80s and that was the last anyone ever heard of her as far as I know. I haven't listened to Canadian radio in several years so maybe she's made a comeback but she was never as popular as she was in Britain that's for sure.

I think Mika should start his own label and scout his own talent and use his songs to launch them. It's difficult to imagine anyone out there at the moment singing Mika's songs but there's obviously a place for new artists like him.

This whole Boyzone thing makes me wonder though if Mika is not going to have an inherent prejudice against anyone who is looking to record his song because they think it's going to be a huge hit. It's the exact opposite philosophy that Mika has operated on in his own career and perhaps he isn't going to have much respect for any artist that prefers to cash in on Mika's talent rather than make their own music for creative reasons.

I agree with you that Mika has a bit of a dilemma on his hands in this respect!

On the one hand, he wants to be known primarily as a songwriter - he is always saying this. But if he isn't willing to allow his songs to be successful with other artists, whoever they are and however 'cheesy' they may be, how is he going to make a living from those songs? He may want to preserve his artistic integrity by reserving them only for artists he respects, but that may tag him as elitist and, dare I say it, snobbish. That's not good here in UK, where inverted snobbery reigns supreme. I don't know if I've really got my point across very well there..:boxed: not feeling very eloquent today:bleh: .

I agree with you that Mika has a bit of a dilemma on his hands in this respect!

On the one hand, he wants to be known primarily as a songwriter - he is always saying this. But if he isn't willing to allow his songs to be successful with other artists, whoever they are and however 'cheesy' they may be, how is he going to make a living from those songs? He may want to preserve his artistic integrity by reserving them only for artists he respects, but that may tag him as elitist and, dare I say it, snobbish. That's not good here in UK, where inverted snobbery reigns supreme. I don't know if I've really got my point across very well there..:boxed: not feeling very eloquent today:bleh: .

Yes I know what you're saying and I agree. Personally I don't see anything wrong with letting Boyzone record his songs. Some of Mika's recordings aren't exactly high art, although at least he can call them his own so he has some integrity in that respect.

He might be able to hold out financially because he can make a living off his own recordings, but he may be waiting around forever if he's going to be so particular. But maybe he doesn't care and has no real interest in selling his songs unless he thinks it's going to benefit him immensely.

Let me help you solve this British mystery as well...:wink2:

Kylie struggled hard to become both commercially successful and accepted by the British music scene after she parted with 'the hands that were feeding her...' i.e. the infamous Stock-Aitken-Waterman songwriter-producer trio.

Her romance with Michael Hutchence and her duet with Nick Cave definitely help her achieve the latter but the commercial success didn't arrive until 2000 when she teamed up with the Pet Shop Boys and Guy Chambers, amongst others, and sang a duet with Robbie. It might have been a one-off hit album, but then the album following also gathered some great pop-tune writers, like Richard Stannard (Spice Girls..) , and she has been successful ever since.

So, basically once you make a name for yourself it is easy to have the best songwriters and producers work for you...

But I also have to add that the major part of her success is coming from her image...

Let me help you solve this British mystery as well...:wink2:

Kylie struggled hard to become both commercially successful and accepted by the British music scene after she parted with 'the hands that were feeding her...' i.e. the infamous Stock-Aitken-Waterman songwriter-producer trio.

Her romance with Michael Hutchence and her duet with Nick Cave definitely help her achieve the latter but the commercial success didn't arrive until 2000 when she teamed up with the Pet Shop Boys and Guy Chambers, amongst others, and sang a duet with Robbie. It might have been a one-off hit album, but then the album following also gathered some great pop-tune writers, like Richard Stannard (Spice Girls..) , and she has been successful ever since.

So, basically once you make a name for yourself it is easy to have the best songwriters and producers work for you...

But I also have to add that the major part of her success is coming from her image...

Small Kylie rant:

Well, it's a good thing she is good looking because as far as I can see, that's the only thing she has going for her. She has a weak voice and doesn't write her own material (as far as I know). She was an okayish soap actress, she ought to have stuck with that!

Yes, she's been incredibly brave in fighting breast cancer and I really wish her well - but I don't understand why that should make her an icon. Thousands of women fight breast cancer.

Also, am I the only person in the world who thinks Can't Get You Out Of My Head is boring and very overrated?? It leaves me cold, whereas popular opinion is that it's the greatest pop song ever blah blah.

Rant over.

PS I didn't mind her duet with Nick Cave. That was okay. :bleh:

Then maybe should sing 'Overrated':naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

OK, I am sorry, I take it back. She would definitely ruin it....:mf_rosetinted:

kelly clarkson should sing overrated or a song similar to that...sorry, don't kill me!!:naughty: But i can imagine her singing that song, and it would sound fantastic

kelly clarkson should sing overrated or a song similar to that...sorry, don't kill me!!:naughty: But i can imagine her singing that song, and it would sound fantastic

I have nothing against Kelly Clarkson, but Overrated can only ruined if not sung by Mika.

The lyrics are too personal and he just sings it such a heartbreaking way...

as well as Your Sympathy. :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

These 2 songs should be banned from being recorded by anyone else than Mika.

BTW, I hope he will release Overrated soon so that we no longer have to pretend we don't know the song... :mf_rosetinted:

I have nothing against Kelly Clarkson, but Overrated can only ruined if not sung by Mika.

The lyrics are too personal and he just sings it such a heartbreaking way...

as well as Your Sympathy. :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

These 2 songs should be banned from being recorded by anyone else than Mika.

BTW, I hope he will release Overrated soon so that we no longer have to pretend we don't know the song... :mf_rosetinted:

that's why I said one similar song...Actually I want Mika to sing that song and no one more, your're totally right :original:

But...who would you like to sing a song written by Mika? The only artist I found similar to him right now is Robbie but he's off the industry and he makes his own songs...So...

Small Kylie rant:

Well, it's a good thing she is good looking because as far as I can see, that's the only thing she has going for her. She has a weak voice and doesn't write her own material (as far as I know). She was an okayish soap actress, she ought to have stuck with that!

Yes, she's been incredibly brave in fighting breast cancer and I really wish her well - but I don't understand why that should make her an icon. Thousands of women fight breast cancer.

Also, am I the only person in the world who thinks Can't Get You Out Of My Head is boring and very overrated?? It leaves me cold, whereas popular opinion is that it's the greatest pop song ever blah blah.

Rant over.

Blimey, wish I hadn't mentioned Kylie now!LOL!

At tne risk of droning on and boring people with my No1 obssession, I think JC Chasez would be great to collaborate with Mika. He is a songwriter in his own right, but he does write with other people, did some stuff with JT *yawn* for his album, which still hasn't been released yet, and since he has parted company with Jive, it's not looking good for it coming out at all.

At the moment he is actually sitting down writing with James Bourne (used to be in Busted), which should be interesting. His own songs off his first album Schizophrenic, were brilliant, he did a song with Basement Jaxx called Shake It, fantastic!

He would certainly do a song by Mika justice, he has a similar range, he can play the piano and also jumps around like a crazy person on stage!

Thank you for listening to my recommendation!LOL!

Yes it kind of reminds me of Beautiful Disaster.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-DfblfF2_R0

I agree with Suzie that probably no one but Mika should sing that particular song, but certainly something like it.

....Also, am I the only person in the world who thinks Can't Get You Out Of My Head is boring and very overrated?? It leaves me cold, whereas popular opinion is that it's the greatest pop song ever blah blah.

Rant over.

Funny because for me the duet with Nick Cave did not work at all (perhaps it was too soon after I should be so lucky lucky lucky lucky ..:naughty: )

but I actually like 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head'. That's her. Nothing less, nothing more....:cool:

Blimey, wish I hadn't mentioned Kylie now!

It's too late now:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: