MIKA Bebo Dance Competition - CANCELLED

CazGirl

in the blog:

Dance Compeition is Over

We have some bad news and some good news. The bad news is that we had to cancel the dance compeititon. : ( I know, I was looking forward to that too. The good news is, we will be picking from the people who did submit videos to win a pair of tickets to Mika's show December 3rd! So one lucky fan will still get their prize, even if it isn't performing with Mika on stage.

We'll update who the lucky winner is shortly!

well its not me then lol. im already going to that gig, and I said so in my entry. Hmm.

I wonder why the winner won't perform on stage though?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least it is not ALL bad news, and hopefully a MFCer will win.

My question is, why on earth can't they let someone dance on stage? Security issues?

That can't be the reason, can it?

I mean, they pick people out of the audience to dance as big girls...

Well at least it is not ALL bad news, and hopefully a MFCer will win.

My question is, why on earth can't they let someone dance on stage? Security issues?

exactly my question, and i have no idea. maybe there will be a problem getting on/off stage. but then i suppose they should be let in 5mins early to get to the front...God I should so be Mika's competition organiser.

That can't be the reason, can it?

I mean, they pick people out of the audience to dance as big girls...

THEY DO?!?! PEOPLE DANCE AS BIG GIRLS?!?!?!?! :shocked:

Yeah they have picked some big girls in the past...and Lollipop girls, so why suddenly can't they have someone up there now??

(my greatest fear in Tokyo was being picked as a BG)

I wondered if the security rules for THAT venue were strict.

They did in Brussels! The girls they picked weren't big at all though.. And they couldn't dance to save their lives. :naughty:

hahaha. if someone choreograophs a dance for me, i can do it fine, but i cannot freestyle whatsoever. Unless I'm in a club :wink2:

i think i'd just hang around with the big girls, FORCE them to dance with me, and scream "help me! help me!"

Yeah they have picked some big girls in the past...and Lollipop girls, so why suddenly can't they have someone up there now??

(my greatest fear in Tokyo was being picked as a BG)

I wondered if the security rules for THAT venue were strict.

i wouldnt mind getting pulled up lol! i'd make a doo doo of myself but i do that everyday :roftl:

as for strict venues, it wouldnt surprise me. Shepherds Bush was so strict, I couldn't change in their toilets, they refused! Me and Charlie had to get changed in the pub toilets next door! In fact, Charlie had to come into the womens, coz in the mens there was a drunk guy shouting abuse at him!

Goodness sake!

i wouldnt mind getting pulled up lol! i'd make a doo doo of myself but i do that everyday :roftl:

I didn't have any choice!! Before I knew what was going on I was being hoisted in the air by some big tall guy (security guard...not Mika) haha

I think it's better for him to just randomly pick people to go up like the time I did rather than through competitions and stuff.... A lot of the time with these things it always ends up being winners who don't seem to be 'real' fans

as for strict venues, it wouldnt surprise me. Shepherds Bush was so strict, I couldn't change in their toilets, they refused! Me and Charlie had to get changed in the pub toilets next door! In fact, Charlie had to come into the womens, coz in the mens there was a drunk guy shouting abuse at him!

Goodness sake!

Yeah but that's the rules for the crowd, not the performing artist.

It just seems odd to me that they would cancel for security reasons.. I dunno.. It must be something else in my opinion.

I didn't have any choice!! Before I knew what was going on I was being hoisted in the air by some big tall guy (security guard...not Mika) haha

I think it's better for him to just randomly pick people to go up like the time I did rather than through competitions and stuff.... A lot of the time with these things it always ends up being winners who don't seem to be 'real' fans

i won mika's dress up competition. I'm a "real" fan :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah but that's the rules for the crowd, not the performing artist.

It just seems odd to me that they would cancel for security reasons.. I dunno.. It must be something else in my opinion.

i think its something else too. Something fishy. Well nothing like "get CSI involved!!!" but like...odd. god, we are so nosy xD

i won mika's dress up competition. I'm a "real" fan :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah I think the dress-up competition was one of the few where real fans were actually selected. I meant in general with 'fan competitions' you listen to the winners on radio or TV or whatever and they don't seem to know that much about the artist or anything :sneaky2:

I think Vix, Sparkly's daughter, might win it. She put a youtube link in the blog when the competition was open, whereas i just said "dna how to upload it on your page, but i uploaded it on mine so have a butchers" xDDD or words to that effect. Well, i still did it so they should have bloody looked.

She too won the dress up comp, but the "organisers" screwed up the dates and wasnt able to go to the gig. So if she wins it this time round, good for her.

Yeah I think the dress-up competition was one of the few where real fans were actually selected. I meant in general with 'fan competitions' you listen to the winners on radio or TV or whatever and they don't seem to know that much about the artist or anything :sneaky2:

Oh thooooose!

I don't participate in them. You have more chance in winning the practical ones, and they're much more fun :biggrin2:

I agree with you it does seem a bit weird that they had to drop the dancing part of the comp, I wonder if who ever organized it hadn't okayed it with Mika or his ppl and they refused or something, cos he didn't seem to know anything about his myspace dress up competition in Leeds so I felt a right prat (but some ppl loved my big silly hat lol). Maybe it was too short notice again for people or something, though that has never stopped them in the past.

I dont think I have the guts to dress up in Manchester cos we have to make our way to the gig and that is about a 10 min walk from our Hotel and if I cant hide inside a big crowd of dressed up MFCers then I aint brave enough.(Vix is though she is still going as a bumble bee lol).

One good thing is if by some miracle she won then we could go to the gig and my son lives near Hammersmith so we cud crash at his flat lol.

But because they said winners will be picked from those who entered :blink:

Oh well time will tell, what will be will be wont it. well as far as I can tell no one has posted a video properly have they? cos you can't do it and we have both mentioned it to him and I even sent Island Records a msge as it was organized via them I think.

I agree with you it does seem a bit weird that they had to drop the dancing part of the comp, I wonder if who ever organized it hadn't okayed it with Mika or his ppl and they refused or something, cos he didn't seem to know anything about his myspace dress up competition in Leeds so I felt a right prat (but some ppl loved my big silly hat lol). Maybe it was too short notice again for people or something, though that has never stopped them in the past.

I dont think I have the guts to dress up in Manchester cos we have to make our way to the gig and that is about a 10 min walk from our Hotel and if I cant hide inside a big crowd of dressed up MFCers then I aint brave enough.(Vix is though she is still going as a bumble bee lol).

One good thing is if by some miracle she won then we could go to the gig and my son lives near Hammersmith so we cud crash at his flat lol.

But because they said winners will be picked from those who entered :blink:

Oh well time will tell, what will be will be wont it. well as far as I can tell no one has posted a video properly have they? cos you can't do it and we have both mentioned it to him and I even sent Island Records a msge as it was organized via them I think.

Mika needs to change organisers: FACT :roftl:

anyways, ive blatently lost because I even said in my video that I was already going that gig (december 3rd, hammersmith apollo) and i cant win another set of tickets XD

so i left another message on his blog after your precious Vix telling him to make her the winner :D

AND OMG GUESS WHAT, I JUST SAW MIKA'S DVD ADVERTISED ON TV!!!!!!!

oh wow yea I get excited when I see and hear ANYTHING Mika related on Tv, in fact I have started to get annoyed at that school programme Waterloo Road cos there is a girl in it called Mica and every time someone mentions her name I look up and go DOH!!:sneaky2:

I don't see why they can't give you a set of tickets if you win cos you bought your others so they haven't already given you any and you could just as easily sell them or give them as presents to some extremely deserving friends or relatives lol. So don't give up yet, it's not over till the "big girl" sings lol :wink2: (ps real sweet of you to give my vixter a mention chuck).

oh wow yea I get excited when I see and hear ANYTHING Mika related on Tv, in fact I have started to get annoyed at that school programme Waterloo Road cos there is a girl in it called Mica and every time someone mentions her name I look up and go DOH!!:sneaky2:

I don't see why they can't give you a set of tickets if you win cos you bought your others so they haven't already given you any and you could just as easily sell them or give them as presents to some extremely deserving friends or relatives lol. So don't give up yet, it's not over till the "big girl" sings lol :wink2: (ps real sweet of you to give my vixter a mention chuck).

xDDD

the slightest mention of Mika and I'm like a rabbit suddenly hearing the tiniest noise. my mika radar turns on xD

well thing is my tickets was a bday pressie so i dnt really wanna give em away lol, would be difficult xD

meeting him would be fabbareeno though, i so hope to meet him this time. God-dammit!

and no problem about vix sweetie. she really deserves it more than i do.

i think mika doesn't even know that this bebo profile exists. it's obviously run by island records, so i guess that's different people than the ones who run mika's myspace? and someone asked mika in munich about i think it was the facebook profile, and he said no it's not his, and he has only the myspace one and all the others are fake. don#t think the bebo one is fake, but also don't think he has to do anything with it. i'm not too familiar with it though, were there any signs in the past that mika himself supports this?

i think mika doesn't even know that this bebo profile exists. it's obviously run by island records, so i guess that's different people than the ones who run mika's myspace? and someone asked mika in munich about i think it was the facebook profile, and he said no it's not his, and he has only the myspace one and all the others are fake. don#t think the bebo one is fake, but also don't think he has to do anything with it. i'm not too familiar with it though, were there any signs in the past that mika himself supports this?

No, Mika runs this one too. He personally has written a blog on then and it says "Peace everyone, Mika" at the end.

Anyway, VIV! two other people have commented on the cancelled competition blog and they've both said that Vix has to win :bleh:

No, Mika runs this one too. He personally has written a blog on then and it says "Peace everyone, Mika" at the end.

Anyway, VIV! two other people have commented on the cancelled competition blog and they've both said that Vix has to win :bleh:

That where me and IngievV :thumb_yello:

That where me and IngievV :thumb_yello:

Yup yup that was us:roftl: I watched it and adored her outfit. Plus the beginning with the Lollipops. If she doesn't win I'll eat my fakewings:blink:

i was pretty sure one was ingie xD didnt know the other one xD

Yup yup that was us:roftl: I watched it and adored her outfit. Plus the beginning with the Lollipops. If she doesn't win I'll eat my fakewings:blink:

:blink: please don't eat your fake wings, you might choke and then you will miss your Mika fixes and of course the MFC :punk:

and thank you for the support your all true mika-angels :biggrin2: