1. How do you know it's Mika's favorite?

2. What scares you about it? I haven't read it obviously...

dcdeb

It's not IT that scares me, it's Lizzie, the ex whore that raised Fevvers (the main character who is half woman half swan) and I'm not sure as to why ;)

I know it's his fave because he said it was.

It's in the 'Just a few of Mika's favourite things' thread, interview thing.

The book is frustrating because I don't understand some of the vocab that ms Carter uses. I mean, I get the gist of what she's trying to comunicate but I don't fully understand the complete meanings.

I guess that as I read it I think about Mika reading it and wonder what it is that makes it his favourite book. It doesn't strike me as a very Mika-ish book...

Or maybe I'm just a little crazy :D

EDIT: I really like JT, dunno why...

This is a great thread for having fun and a safe place to speak about concerns issues etc or just goof off! Some of us are straight , gay , bi ( in my case...

bi because I can't think of what else to call it) or just here to say hello.

So what's on your mind?

Actually, nothing. I'm just sitting here trying to think of anything I might need to do online before I go to bed, and listening to Architecture in Helsinki.:biggrin2:

Have you heard of the "Hungarian Suicide Song"?

I was poking around snopes.com last night, and they have urban legends in different categories. So I clicked on the "Urban Legends about Songs" link thing. Anyway, this big story came up about this Hungarian guy named Rezso Seress (I think) and he wrote this song after he broke up with his girlfriend. And apparently the song is so sad that it was banned in Hungary, and a couple other countries in Europe because alot of the people who listened to it killed themselves.

I listened to it last night... it's an absolutely stunning song. I'm still alive, though, so we'll see what happens. It really is beautiful though. Very haunting. It's called "Gloomy Sunday", but it's nicknamed "The Hungarian Suicide Song"

I was poking around snopes.com last night, and they have urban legends in different categories. So I clicked on the "Urban Legends about Songs" link thing. Anyway, this big story came up about this Hungarian guy named Rezso Seress (I think) and he wrote this song after he broke up with his girlfriend. And apparently the song is so sad that it was banned in Hungary, and a couple other countries in Europe because alot of the people who listened to it killed themselves.

I listened to it last night... it's an absolutely stunning song. I'm still alive, though, so we'll see what happens. It really is beautiful though. Very haunting. It's called "Gloomy Sunday", but it's nicknamed "The Hungarian Suicide Song"

thankyou, Sarie, I will have a listen.

break-ups can for sure bring lots of emotions

No worries.:thumb_yello:

But yea, apparently they found his ex-girlfriend dead with the lyrics sheet in her hand. And a bunch of other weird things like that. Some people complained about a creepy sound coming from their neighbor's apartment, and like... when they went to bust down the door, they found the girl who lived there inside, dead. Apparently the record player got stuck in a groove or something, and it just played that one part of the song over and over for about a day.

Hi Ghosts and everyone else on now. Hope everyone's well.

I'm going to have to check out this song. I can really relate. I better watch out tho', given my usual state of mind, who knows where it would send me....

'Course no one would notice me missing until about a week later when there's that gross smell in the hallway......

Sad but true..... :boxed:

I definetely WON'T listen to this song!!! lol :naughty:

It's not IT that scares me, it's Lizzie, the ex whore that raised Fevvers (the main character who is half woman half swan) and I'm not sure as to why ;)

I know it's his fave because he said it was.

It's in the 'Just a few of Mika's favourite things' thread, interview thing.

Hmmm... I missed that. Now you've piqued my curiosity -- I'll have to look

for this and read it. Maybe I'll be crazy too then! OR... craziER! :wink2:

dcdeb

hi, ghost, welcome to the thread. hi eleonorelle, hi matt, hi rebeka, hi aurelien even if ya are not here now, hi, everyone on this thread: the one and only chats thread I have ever posted in. feel honoured :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

I'm not sure I'll ever check out this song: I am coward by nature.. :blush-anim-cl:

deb, FALLEN ASLEEP WITH TTMR???!!!! HOW COMEEEE??!! :sneaky2::thumbdown::tears:

rebeka, a few of mika's characters have not been onstage with him, and I think billy won't ever be so lucky, poor thing. :wink2:

Mika has/had all kinds of characters on the stage with him, why he never has Billy Brown????

I was looking for an outfit to dress as Billy Brown (as it would have been the warmest to wear - besides being in a furry animal costume)

But sadly, not going as Billy Brown or Wilhemina Brown. :thumbdown:

I was looking for an outfit to dress as Billy Brown (as it would have been the warmest to wear - besides being in a furry animal costume)

But sadly, not going as Billy Brown or Wilhemina Brown. :thumbdown:

are ya dressing up at all, suzy?

are ya dressing up at all, suzy?

I'll be dressing alright - dressing WARM. At my age, its all about comfort.

And travelling with a suitcase that looks and feels bigger than me already, I'm not sure how much more I can take with me. I wanted to travel as light as possible, but seems I need too many of the comforts of home.

I envy all those who can manage with a fancy dress theme. I'm looking forward to yours Avoca! :thumb_yello: