The British and Proud thread!

Sarah_loves_mika

Yeh loveee it , the home of Draculaaaaaa :biggrin2:

Only 45 mins from me .. max

I know! Thats why i love it.

You always get a load of Geordies there!!!! :naughty:

Have you been in the Dracula museum??? Ive been like 3 times, and i cried the first time........... i was 13........ :naughty::doh:

For anyone who doesnt know - A lot of Bram Stoker's Dracula was actually set in Whitby, and if you havent been GO!

And people have the cheek to say that England has no culture or diversity.....

check:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitby

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know! Thats why i love it.

You always get a load of Geordies there!!!! :naughty:

Have you been in the Dracula museum??? Ive been like 3 times, and i cried the first time........... i was 13........ :naughty::doh:

For anyone who doesnt know - A lot of Bram Stoker's Dracula was actually set in Whitby, and if you havent been GO!

And people have the cheek to say that England has no culture or diversity.....

check:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitby

Amazing fish and chips tooo , some of the best are there :biggrin2:

I haven't been to Whitby since I was a nipper, but I'm always saying I'll take my kids there someday soon.

It's got a really special atmosphere, one of those places that are great even in bad weather. Which is just as well!! :naughty:

I used to like the drive through the North Yorkshire Moors to get there...we used to go past the early warning station at Fylingdales (the giant golf balls) and that used to FREAK me out. But it was Cold War era and so I was obsessed with the thought of nuclear war!!! :naughty:

Hehe. The North York Moors are so beautiful. So naturally beautiful. That's where Heartbeat is set... (which i think is boring, but i just love the North York Moors)

Has anyone been on the railway?? You know the old steam engine one from Pickering (Pickering is a gorgeous place too). It takes you right up to, i think its Goathland (which is where they filmed some of the Harry Potter train station scenes apparently) and from there you can catch the train to Whitby.

I haven't been to Whitby since I was a nipper, but I'm always saying I'll take my kids there someday soon.

It's got a really special atmosphere, one of those places that are great even in bad weather. Which is just as well!! :naughty:

I used to like the drive through the North Yorkshire Moors to get there...we used to go past the early warning station at Fylingdales (the giant golf balls) and that used to FREAK me out. But it was Cold War era and so I was obsessed with the thought of nuclear war!!! :naughty:

Amazing fish and chips tooo , some of the best are there :biggrin2:

I know!!!!! And down that little street leading to the 199 steps, theres this gorgeous shop that sells fudge.... And this other one with a chocolate fountain, and they put you marshmallows and fruit on a skewer and dip it in...... and its gorge........ yum........ :wink2:

I WANNA GO!!!!

Some of my families friends live in Sandsend, just a little up from Whitby so its a good excuse for me to go again......

I'm going to post some Yorkshire pictures in the Yorkshire Thread.

I'm feeling nostalgic for home, it's hard living in enemy territory sometimes :thumbdown:

LOl :naughty:

i love living in wales, its a lovely place...

mika should come here and visit, ill put him up!!! (erm so 2 speak)

:tears:

Nobody wants to talk on here no more..... :tears:

Come on United Kingdom???

Did you see that new idea for the flag or whatever??? It looks so tacky!!! Its now got green in it for Ireland and the Welsh dragon in the middle...... :mad3:

I like our flag the way it is thankyou very much. :sneaky2::naughty:

*searches for picture*

:tears:

Nobody wants to talk on here no more..... :tears:

Come on United Kingdom???

Did you see that new idea for the flag or whatever??? It looks so tacky!!! Its now got green in it for Ireland and the Welsh dragon in the middle...... :mad3:

I like our flag the way it is thankyou very much. :sneaky2::naughty:

*searches for picture*

:jawdrop:

*imagines green and a Welsh dragon in the top left corner of the Aussie flag*

Actually... that would be kinda cool...

I actually came on here to ask a question...

I know the Olympics are next year... but does anyone actually know when they're actually on? As in dates?

:jawdrop:

*imagines green and a Welsh dragon in the top left corner of the Aussie flag*

Actually... that would be kinda cool...

I actually came on here to ask a question...

I know the Olympics are next year... but does anyone actually know when they're actually on? As in dates?

Urrr, im not sure, we dont have it til 2012.

Maybe if you google it?? Thats if you havent already! :naughty: